Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville hires Mark Peach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this is a pretty good hire
Yes it's a good hire. Now will they let him get things done? You had a championship coach who was winning and then boom.

Should be interesting to say the least.
Absolutely a terrible hire. Danville should be ashamed and the superintendent should be fired.
(04-03-2021, 05:52 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely a terrible hire. Danville should be ashamed and the superintendent should be fired.

As someone on the outside mostly around EKY. Why is this that bad?
(04-06-2021, 04:21 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2021, 05:52 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely a terrible hire. Danville should be ashamed and the superintendent should be fired.

Peach is a fine coach and for most programs would be a very good hire.

With that said, they just ran off a guy with a considerably better resume and upside to end up with Peach.

I think that is where the criticism becomes extremely accurate.

How many state championships does Mark Peach have? How many playoff wins does he have? How many Mr. Footballs has he produced? 

If you fire a coach (for no reason) who has a better resume than the coach you hired, there's a problem. 

It's not Peach's fault. He's probably a good guy and a decent football coach, but he has a difficult road to navigate in Danville in my opinion.
There was a thread and over a month to criticize Danville for firing Clevenger. It already happened and it wasn't Peachs fault. Peach has won a lot of playoff games. Peach has coached one MR.Football. Peach has 1 runner-up and a thanksgiving week loss to Trinity when he was at Dunbar. I think he's played other final 4 games. He was the coach at Campbellsville University. He's a fine coach and congratulations to him for getting the chance to do it at Danville.
(04-08-2021, 05:25 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: [ -> ]There was a thread and over a month to criticize Danville for firing Clevenger. It already happened and it wasn't Peachs fault. Peach has won a lot of playoff games. Peach has coached one MR.Football. Peach has 1 runner-up and a thanksgiving week loss to Trinity when he was at Dunbar. I think he's played other final 4 games. He was the coach at Campbellsville University. He's a fine coach and congratulations to him for getting the chance to do it at Danville.

I don’t at all disagree with anything you said, I don’t know Coach Peach personally but from everything I’ve seen and heard he’s a class act. I don’t however disagree with some of the other posts either, I think he going into a bad situation, the administration by their past actions seem lost and Boyle Co has already cabbage on at least one really good player. Wish him nothing but the best of luck but I’m afraid he’s gonna need it.
(04-08-2021, 12:10 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]

How many state championships does Mark Peach have? How many playoff wins does he have? How many Mr. Footballs has he produced? 

If you fire a coach (for no reason) who has a better resume than the coach you hired, there's a problem. 

It's not Peach's fault. He's probably a good guy and a decent football coach, but he has a difficult road to navigate in Danville in my opinion.
Agreed 100%. It's a better hire than what the Danville administration deserves and better than what I expected them to get after the way they did Clevenger, but it is not a good hire compared to what Danville gave up to get him.
Big write up in Danville paper, second school board member resigns in the past month. The most recent one to resign has some interesting comments. Some of which indicate that She was very frustrated with how things were being run and how many problems it has caused academically and in athletics. Proof in the pudding I went by the football practice field and could only count about 20 players.
I went by practice again this week, I think I can count 30 or more players at practice at this point.
(07-29-2021, 12:25 PM)ThinThirty Wrote: [ -> ]I went by practice again this week, I think I can count 30 or more players at practice at this point.
How good are they this year? I hoped they'd improve a lot since my Colonels have them scheduled.
They will be good, not great.
How are things working out? I heard things aren't...Peachy...in Danville right now.
(04-08-2021, 05:25 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: [ -> ]There was a thread and over a month to criticize Danville for firing Clevenger. It already happened and it wasn't Peachs fault. Peach has won a lot of playoff games. Peach has coached one MR.Football. Peach has 1 runner-up and a thanksgiving week loss to Trinity when he was at Dunbar. I think he's played other final 4 games. He was the coach at Campbellsville University. He's a fine coach and congratulations to him for getting the chance to do it at Danville.
Well said. Good luck to the Admirals and Coach Peach.
Anyone from Danville who calls themselves a DHS fan and is rooting against Peach is not a DHS fan.

In all honesty, a coach rarely produces a Mr. football. A Mr. football produces himself. I disagreed with Danville's decisions to let coach go, but that championship was on the back of one of the biggest stud players I've saw in a long while, a special talent. Although he was utilized, greatly and good job by all of Danville's coaching staff, from defense to how to use their star. I don't know much about Peach other than he is well liked by most other coaches and seems to come recommended. IMO. I have saw the gossip and little bit of inner struggles between their coaches, but a head coach does have to sometimes pull a power trip. I don't have a clue though, who's "right or wrong". Danville screwed up firing coach Clevenger, there is NO DOUBT. But he's gone. I am glad you said it's not Coach Peach's fault, absolutely true. I would jump at a chance to coach Danville myself, but coming in there in this circumstance was going to be hard for anyone.

Wasnt the coach fired or let go because he demanded to "only" coach and still be paid the same? Gave the school an ultimatum. I am not sure if he was a teacher in the district or not but that is what I heard. Heck, I dont even know if he is a teacher. If this is true, no wonder he is not coaching there. Again I have zero first hand knowledge, but the person who told me isn't someone who tells stories.