Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Guilty pleasure songs you can't believe you like
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This was filmed in Daytona, still a cool place to visit...
Hmm, this is a good thread too, JP. They say confession is good for the soul, but I don’t wanna lose too much credibility, so this is gonna take some deep thought.
(03-12-2021, 02:29 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

This thread should be titled "Midnight Confessions- 50 Ways To Destroy My Musical Credibility."

Let the embarrassment begin...

Jet,    I also like KC's "Give It Up."   That one, along with another cheesy love song, "Please Don't Go,"  were two of my KCATSB go-to songs.  

If we are gonna confess to liking a cheesy pop song like "Give it Up" , we might as well go all the way and pair it up with the most cringeworthy video of the song. This makes you want to turn your eyes away in disgust of yourself for liking this(or being at a roller rink where this crap was being played).

I already feel less of a man.

Foxy, baby!!!   SWEET!!!!

When I was teen, I only needed two reasons to like ABBA -   Agnetha &  Frida.    When I grew up and became a teacher , still all I needed - Agnetha & Frida.

Nice dresses , ladies !!!!   Woah     Basically, any song by  ABBA was a guilty pleasure.

Two guilty pleasures in one -  The Dazz Band (Let it Whip)  and the Soul Train line dancers.   Damn, I miss watching Soul Train and American Bandstand on Saturdays.

VH ,  Jet ,   I apologize in advance  :

Haha love your additions to the thread OSH. You never have to apologize for Abba or Dazz Band, but that Sister Christian is road rage inducing if you hear it on the radio in your car lol...
JP is much more of a hater on Night Ranger than I am. Anymore I can’t hear this song without my mind going straight to that scene in Boogie Nights it was featured in.
(03-12-2021, 02:04 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, this is a good thread too, JP. They say confession is good for the soul, but I don’t wanna lose too much credibility, so this is gonna take some deep thought.
When my girls ask me how in the heck I like a certain song, I always tell them I am just a well-rounded individual lol...and my knowledge of music knows no bounds. I usually get eye-rolls. Then most of the time they end up liking the song. Don't know if that's good or bad haha.
(03-12-2021, 11:09 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: [ -> ]JP is much more of a hater on Night Ranger than I am. Anymore I can’t hear this song without my mind going straight to that scene in Boogie Nights it was featured in.
Loved that movie, and the song fit well with it. Mainly because you didn't have to see the horrible MTV video. But the million times I saw that video on MTV scarred my brain and I can't unsee it now...
I’ve been thinking really hard on this, and I’m gonna go with—wait for it—-‘Wake Me Up Before You Go Go’ by Wham as my top song I always liked that maybe I should just keep quiet about. I loved George Michael, I thought he wound up being a fantastic vocalist. This song might be a little cheesy, but it was clear he was a star even then.
(03-12-2021, 11:28 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve been thinking really hard on this, and I’m gonna go with—wait for it—-‘Wake Me Up Before You Go Go’ by Wham as my top song I always liked that maybe I should just keep quiet about. I loved George Michael, I thought he wound up being a fantastic vocalist. This song might be a little cheesy, but it was clear he was a star even then.
Absolutely love and I mean love that song, and the video. And G. Michael was brilliant.
^^^Van since you went there here is another one along the same lines...

Last guilty pleasure of the night. Dream girl at 1:59...

Guys , I'm so damned sorry. If I were Catholic I would definitely be confessing my sins tomorrow:

^^^I am dead now. You have killed me. What is next, a Mister Mister video?
Good news though, you don't have to be Catholic to repent.
(03-13-2021, 02:01 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^I am dead now. You have killed me. What is next, a Mister Mister video?
Good news though, you don't have to be Catholic to repent.

No, but just about as humiliating ....  ASIA .     Cool

I have no problems with Asia at all.
(03-13-2021, 02:42 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I have no problems with Asia at all.

Takes me right back to the eighties when I crank up "Only Time Will Tell"  or "In the Heat of the Moment."  Big hair, big sound, good times !!!!
Even with idiot Puffy in this I always loved it for some unknown God forsaken reason

Beer near me, beer near!!!

Ieatpaste23
4 years ago
Everyone's secret favorite band.

Zero dislikes on this comment lol...
I ain’t gonna lie. I liked KC and the Sunshine Band. And I loved this little ballad.

I also loved KC and the Sunshine Band and that song. Great remake dance version: