Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WCC Final : (1) Gonzaga 88 BYU 78
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gonzaga wins another WCC Tourney title  tonight in Las Vegas.

The Zags got one of their toughest tests this season from Mark Pope's BYU Cougars . BYU led by a dozen at half before the Zags cranked it up on both offense and defense.  BYU(20-6) is a really nice looking team capable of winning some NCAA tourney games.

I don't know if I have witnessed a better freshman this season than the Zags' Jalen Suggs. The young man put his team on his back tonight. When the game was still in doubt late, he simply took over the game.  He just looks different from all others in his class. What a freshman!  Suggs'  line tonight :  23/5/5 .

I think an argument could be made that Gonzaga is as good a program as there is in college basketball. They can pull in recruits from anywhere in the country and internationally as well.  They're not just the best team in the land this year, they are a perennial powerhouse. Not to mention, they have one of the best coaches in the game. They've  been the national runner-up and all that's left is to win the title game.  The Zags go into the Big Dance at  26-0  , with several wins over highly - ranked teams.

This team has the look of a champion. I think a game like tonight is exactly what the Zags needed. What are your impressions?
In a year when Kentucky has no chance of winning a title, I would be perfectly happy to see Gonzaga win it. An added bonus would be we could quit hearing every year about Bobby Knight's 1976 Indiana team being the last unbeaten champion.