Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: COVID and High School Sports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the regulations for athletic events in Kentucky and other states you may know?  Does the governor set all the regulations?  Or is it up to each individual school? Are the athletes required to where masks? How many fans are allowed to attend? 

Here in North Carolina,  our governor set the regulations for high school sports.  We had no athletics until November beginning with golf. All fall sports started practice in January, boys soccer started January 28 and our football season starts February 26. All the athletes are required to wear masks,  including football.  Only 100 fans are allowed to attend outdoor sports and indoor sports was limited to 25 fans. Each sport has a reduced season, football season is seven games. All other sports are limited to 13 games. Not including playoffs.
Here in Ky I think KHSAA makes the regulations but Andy has his hand in it I’m sure. But during the thick of the pandemic KHSAA voted to play even though Andy said he didn’t want them playing
(02-19-2021, 09:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Here in Ky I think KHSAA makes the regulations but Andy has his hand in it I’m sure. But during the thick of the pandemic KHSAA voted to play even though Andy said he didn’t want them playing

What were/are the attendance limits? Are the athletes required to wear masks?
(02-19-2021, 09:44 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2021, 09:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Here in Ky I think KHSAA makes the regulations but Andy has his hand in it I’m sure. But during the thick of the pandemic KHSAA voted to play even though Andy said he didn’t want them playing

What were/are the attendance limits? Are the athletes required to wear masks?
No masks worn by athletes playing on a court or field. Typically fans are limited to just family/guardians. Someone else would need to share what the # requirements are ... I don't know what they are.