Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your Seven Favorite Songs With Each Day of the Week in the Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, music aficionados, you're gonna have to rack your brains on this one. I would like to hear what your favorite song is for each day of the week, in which that day of the week is in the title of the song.  I'll list mine and you can follow with yours. If there is a day in which you don't really have a song you particularly like or can think of, just leave it blank.  I look forward to hearing your picks.

Monday :    (Tie)   Come Monday(Buffett) /  Monday Morning(Fleetwood Mac)

Tuesday:              Tuesday's Gone(Skynard)

Wednesday :         Wednesday Morning (America)

Thursday :            Thursday(Jim Croce)

Friday:                  Friday Night Blues(John Conlee)

Saturday:              Saturday Night(Eagles)  /    Runner Up:   Another Saturday Night (Cat Stevens)

Sunday:      (Tie)    Sugar on Sunday(Tommy James& The Shondells   / What are You Doing Sunday? (Tony Orlando & Dawn)
Manic Monday--The Bangles.
Saturday Night's All Right-Elton John (can't believe you forgot that one, OSH!)
Sunday Morning Coming Down-Johnny Cash
Sunday, Bloody Sunday-U2
(02-19-2021, 08:30 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: [ -> ]Manic Monday--The Bangles.
Saturday Night's All Right-Elton John (can't believe you forgot that one, OSH!)
Sunday Morning Coming Down-Johnny Cash
Sunday, Bloody Sunday-U2

Oh, believe me, as an old fart in my sixth decade as an Elton fan, (Damn, I'm getting old) I definitely thought of Elton's song but I like the Saturday songs by the Eagles and Cat Stevens better.

Happy  Friday everyone. Our fellow Kentuckian,  Versailles native, John Conlee:

Holy crap OSH I thought of the same two Monday songs before I clicked on the thread. What are the odds of that lol.
Saturday in the Park - Chicago
Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers
(02-19-2021, 05:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap OSH I thought of the same two Monday songs before I clicked on the thread. What are the odds of that lol.

Liberals and Conservatives sometimes think alike ...   LOL

(02-19-2021, 05:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap OSH I thought of the same two Monday songs before I clicked on the thread. What are the odds of that lol.

Let's say it was a confluence of a liberal mind and a conservative mind into a sea of musical tranquility.    Smile
(02-19-2021, 05:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Saturday in the Park - Chicago

Those would have been my next two "Saturday"  songs  behind the two I listed.

Does anyone else remember this? Howard Cosell (no kidding) briefly hosted a variety show on ABC that they tried to make into the next Ed Sullivan show. And one week they just kept promoting this great new English band that was gonna be the second coming of the Beatles. I couldn’t wait to see it. That band was the Bay City Rollers, and they played ‘Saturday Night.’ Then not long after, both the band and Cosell’s show faded off into oblivion.
(02-19-2021, 08:31 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: [ -> ]

Does anyone else remember this? Howard Cosell (no kidding) briefly hosted a variety show on ABC that they tried to make into the next Ed Sullivan show. And one week they just kept promoting this great new English band that was gonna be the second coming of the Beatles. I couldn’t wait to see it. That band was the Bay City Rollers, and they played ‘Saturday Night.’ Then not long after, both the band and Cosell’s show faded off into oblivion.

I remember the Cosell show. The Rollers had a few hits and a big following among teenage girls.  I remember seeing them on The Midnight Special too.
They didn't last long, but they sold a lot of records:

According to the BBC, the Bay City Rollers sold 120 million records.
(02-19-2021, 06:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

Liberals and Conservatives sometimes think alike ...   LOL

Let's say it was a confluence of a liberal mind and a conservative mind into a sea of musical tranquility.    Smile
When it comes to music they can, because there are no idiot politicians, TV talking heads and social media bigmouths telling them what they must like and dislike 24/7.
The BCR did a cover of Dusty Springfield's "I Only Want to Be With You."      

They also had a hit with the following tune. I got lucky a time or two while playing this one:

My "Thursday" song . Anyone familiar with it?  Did you know Croce only recorded five albums?  This one was from his final LP.