Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What’s outlook for Tigers. I know they lost several key players but have very nice RB returning. Did entire line graduate? What’s everyone’s thoughts?
IMO, there are only 2 class A teams that could beat Paintsville. Raceland and Pikeville. However, Paintsville would more than likely have to beat both to repeat.

Paintsville will have to replace a lot of production on defense especially the front 7. In Joe Chirico I trust. He will build a solid defense. He always thinks big picture. Secondary will be very solid.

OLine lost 3 maybe 4, but will return 1 that was injured mid way through last season.

Offense will be more balanced with #5 at QB. Dual threat playmaker.
I think Chirico took the GRC job
With Cherico gone, Paintsville football will again be garbage. Bummed.
How many Paintsville kids will go to Central?
I think this is a great move for him. GRC is a great school and he is bettering his opportunities. I hate it for Paintsville but let’s not give up hope yet. I’m sure they will find a quality coach. If this is true I wish him the best
(02-10-2021, 01:33 PM)TigerBlues Wrote: [ -> ]I think Chirico took the GRC job

Has it been announced anywhere yet?
Started hearing grumblings last night about Chirico leaving. Anything official yet?
Chirico brought Paintsville back from irrelevance. Next guy will have a much easier job than he did. He resurrected the program.
That sucks for Tiger fans. Probably headed back to 3 or 4 wins a year. Just not enough talent coming back to get Chirico to stay. Feeder program sucks and doesn’t look like it’s gonna get any better in near future.
If this is true, then who steps in at HC? Outside hire? Promote the OC? Didnt they lose an OC to "retirement" a season or 2 ago?
I’m really glad Paintsville was able to win state last year bc this is a huge blow for the programs future. Chirico definitely left the program in much better shape than what he found it. But unless they hire a very solid coach you may see a mass exodus of players. I just hope they don’t sink as far as they were 10 years ago when they could barely field a team. Class A football and EKY football is better when Paintsville is a contender.
(02-11-2021, 08:30 AM)Budsqueezer Wrote: [ -> ]That sucks for Tiger fans. Probably headed back to 3 or 4 wins a year. Just not enough talent coming back to get Chirico to stay. Feeder program sucks and doesn’t look like it’s gonna get any better in near future.
Why would they not have a good feeder system? I would have assumed that he had that restructured when he took the job several years ago.
As a Raceland fan I hope they can stay competitive with the loss of Chirico. I’ll admit that they been a huge thorn in our side and beat us more than I would like but this has been a very competitive rivalry that always brings out the best in our team. Also as another poster said, the East is simply better when they are good.
#’s are biggest problem. 12-13 on middle school team last couple years won’t get it done...
Looking like that Prestonsburg Pipeline is all dried up.  Confused
(02-10-2021, 08:21 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: [ -> ]Started hearing grumblings last night about Chirico leaving. Anything official yet?
Nothing official, but heard from a very reliable source who talked to him that he accepted the job at GRC.
It’s a good move for him. I look for Pikevilles coach to start looking at a bigger school in the near future. Class A is about done and if you wanna continue coaching you best be ready to make a move.
(02-11-2021, 10:05 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s a good move for him. I look for Pikevilles coach to start looking at a bigger school in the near future. Class A is about done and if you wanna continue coaching you best be ready to make a move.

Can I ask what you mean by about done?
If true, this is a major blow to Paintsville football.

Joe is a great guy, a lot of folks in Paintsville and Prestonsburg think very highly of him. He's been successful everywhere he's been (to my knowledge) and I'm sure he'll take GRC to places they haven't been in a long time.
(02-11-2021, 10:05 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s a good move for him. I look for Pikevilles coach to start looking at a bigger school in the near future. Class A is about done and if you wanna continue coaching you best be ready to make a move.
In your dreams....?
1A football is hurting because all of the elite teams that used to be there moved up in class and what is left now are 2 or three established programs that have a real shot of winning a title every year.  If this coaching change breaks Paintsvilles program then it is just as bad as losing a team to moving up in class.
Coach Chirico is making the right move. Another 2 years and football @ Paintsville is finished. The #’s won’t allow them to field a team. Probably have about 20 this season and next. After then you’re probably looking @#’s in low teens. Ain’t nobody transferring to play football @ Paintsville w/ Chirico leaving. He made right move if he wants to continue coaching long term...
This move is about family and work. Not about numbers or talent. Talent wise Paintsville is a top 3 team next year in 1A. Joe was able to get the numbers up when he took over an all but dead program. I firmly believe he would have kept numbers up coming off a state title.

Joe earned the right to leave whenever he wanted. He just won our only state title in football for God’s sake! I am forever thankful what what he did for the school I love and hope he makes some noise in 6A, he will make them competitive, that’s a given.
Lol.
Facilities at GRC are tremendous. Anybody have an idea how much a pay increase he is getting. He is at the point in his career where an increase in pay over next 5 years will make a huge difference on what he draws in retirement.
(02-12-2021, 02:55 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
1A football is hurting because all of the elite teams that used to be there moved up in class and what is left now are 2 or three established programs that have a real shot of winning a title every year.  If this coaching change breaks Paintsvilles program then it is just as bad as losing a team to moving up in class.
I really think it depends on who the next coach is. if they hire someone who has been a head coach before with a good reputation who has won before then I think they will be okay. A good coach with a good staff can draw & keep the kids out.
I was talking to a JC fan yesterday and they told me Tucker Howard may be coming back to Paintsville to take over the football program.
Perfect time for Joe to make a move. He is a great high school coach that will have success. 1A football is a challenge simply because of numbers.
(02-12-2021, 12:06 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I was talking to a JC fan yesterday and they told me Tucker Howard may be coming back to Paintsville to take over the football program.
Was he on the staff before? Where is he now?
Pages: 1 2 3 4