Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Florida 26 - Auburn 23 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone see the kicker miss 4 FG's for South Florida? 2 were way wide left, another was blocked, and the last one barely missed going to the left that would have tied it up earlier before he connected after the long INT run back. If they would have lost he would definately been the sickest man in America. Tuberville got some boo birds towards the end of regulation because he had 2 TO's left and refused to call one with about 24 seconds remaining to try to get his FG in range since he had already hit from 49 and 44 yards. All in all it was a great game, I had no idea that this was only South Florida's 11 season as a program and there 6th in Division 1.
South Florida is your sleeper team this year! They play EVERYONE TOUGH!!
Props to PB5. You called this one yesterday morning. I figured USF would play Auburn tough, but didnt think they would beat them. USF outplayed Auburn in every phase of the game. Congrats USF!
Just like the announcer said after the game winning TD for South Florida, this is a program maker, congrats to USF, love to see an SEC team get upset.
GRIZZ Wrote:Did anyone see the kicker miss 4 FG's for South Florida? 2 were way wide left, another was blocked, and the last one barely missed going to the left that would have tied it up earlier before he connected after the long INT run back. If they would have lost he would definately been the sickest man in America. Tuberville got some boo birds towards the end of regulation because he had 2 TO's left and refused to call one with about 24 seconds remaining to try to get his FG in range since he had already hit from 49 and 44 yards. All in all it was a great game, I had no idea that this was only South Florida's 11 season as a program and there 6th in Division 1.

I was watching this game last night, and I was shocked that Tuberville let the clock run out at the end. He had a chance to get into field goal range to win the game, and didn't even try. Heck, the way their kicker had looked I would have given the kid a shot at a 60-yarder if at all possible. I remember thinking, "I bet this comes back to bite him on the butt" and it did! Great game, I was really impressed with the Bulls, and I hope their kicker gets his head on straight, now that they won.

Hey TidesHoss, I bet you were crying out of shear joy... Big Grin
I'm like everyone else, shocked to see Auburn let the clock run out late. I was also surprised that South Florida went for the tie instead of the win late in the 4th. They will be a sleeper this year. Tough loss for Auburn and the SEC.
lol..yes I was. Easy for me to pull against the SEC in this oneSmile ....now if Tennessee could fall flat on their faces, the world would be a much better place...
More Cowbell Wrote:I was watching this game last night, and I was shocked that Tuberville let the clock run out at the end. He had a chance to get into field goal range to win the game, and didn't even try. Heck, the way their kicker had looked I would have given the kid a shot at a 60-yarder if at all possible. I remember thinking, "I bet this comes back to bite him on the butt" and it did! Great game, I was really impressed with the Bulls, and I hope their kicker gets his head on straight, now that they won.

Hey TidesHoss, I bet you were crying out of shear joy... Big Grin
I keep telling my friend that loves West Virginia that South Florida is the best in the Big East and he just looks at me like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Congrats Bulls!
South Florida shouldn't be a sleeper at all. They get players from the best high school football state in the country, they have a good coach, and they have beaten better teams than Auburn. South Florida has been overlooked for a couple of years now. I've watched them play for about four years and they have about as much starting talent as anyone in the Big East.
Great game, always a fan of upsets, but it's not good to see a ranked SEC team drop the ball.
South Florida may be able to run the table. They have both WVU and Louisville at home this year, not for sure about the Rutgers game.