Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 56 - Kent State 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Commonwealth, by the looks or sounds of it, Cats got out to a slow start and finished strong from what I am assuming, someone can give details. Congrats UK and bring on the Cards!
Way to go Cats!!!
Caught the last 2 quarters of the game and the Cats looked pretty good. Kent State's QB was running all over the place though, Kentucky just couldn't seem to tackle him. He is a very tough qb and exciting to watch. Defense looked good in streaks but still has a long way to go to be a solid defensive team. Cats offense didn't really miss a beat in the second half.
The defense played horrible. The score doesn't show how close we actually came to losing, Kent State had multiple turnovers in the red zone in the first half. If they punch those in they go into the half with a nice lead.
Yes the score didnt do Kent State justice, the defense in the first half was just terrible. Eldemeyer I believe his name was, was all over the place, he was braking away from the easiest of tackles we should have had. Offense showed up in second half and we were scoring with ease.
This game was only close in the first half, Kentucky made adjustments during halftime and came out and dominated the second half. Should be an interesting game next Saturday.
Way to Go Cats!.....Cant wait till next weekend!!!!!
Lost two Defensive Ends though it seems in Pryor and Lumpkin. Hope to get one if not both back by Saturday!
This is a good win as Kent State is no pushover. Congrats CATS. Can;t wait for next Saturday in Commonwealth!!!
The defense needs to step it up and learn how to tackle. Although Woodyard had one of the best hits I believe you will see all season.
This was a very scary game. The first half was humbling. The Kent State QB ran all over our defense and we had some MAJOR holes in the defense. I mean holes big enough to drive a Mack truck through. Kent State gained I believe close to 300 yards in the 2nd quarter alone.

On the first series, Kent State scored on a fake field goal....terrible. The Kent State quarterback looked like he was about 5'8'' and 170 lbs. It's pathetic that we were so bad at open field tackling. I saw only two good tackles the whole game and those came in the 3rd quarter.

Yes, thankfully our offense showed up in the second half. But if our defense does not step it up we are going to have a very tough time with Louisville. Louisville's backs both set school records last weeks for yardage.....if we're having trouble stopping a 5'5'' back from Kent State, I'm afraid to see what's going to happen against Louisville.

Yes, we won the game, but I was not given any hope from the game that we can beat Louisville.
As I had mentioned in the pre-game thread, UK had a world of trouble containing Kent State's QB Julian Edelman. Just like last year, these teams with a dual-threat QB give the Cats fits, and I'm not sure exactly why. Kent should have been ahead by a couple TD's at the half, if it wasn't for the turnovers, and then the final result may have been a little different. At least it seemed like the defense make some adjustments at halftime, and were able to put the clamps on him and his RB as well.

Also, I was very impressed with the 3-headed attack of Little, Dixon, and Smith. Although the passing game hasn't completely gotten on track yet, it's hard to complain when you put 56 on the board.
:wieghts: Hey Cardinal Fans!! I got 2 words for ya! John Conner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!