Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UofL @ UK... your take
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know I know, Saturday isn't over... but next Saturday is going to make and break someone season... so who you got?
I don't know about "make or break." These teams are in separate conferences, so both teams will still have a shot at their respected conference titles. However, it will be a huge momentum builder for UK, and I think this is their best shot to beat UL in a while. From what I've seen from Louisville, their defense (especially pass defense) is somewhat susceptible to the big play, and UK has the weapons to do some damage. But UK's defense isn't that great from what I've heard of the Kent St. game. It should be interesting to say the least. But I'll give the edge to UK because of the home field advantage (and the fact I'm a Big Blue fan).
Louisville by a late touchdown.
Kentucky by 5.
I'll take Louisville by a TD

Set the over/under at 99.
This will be like a Ncaa College Football game (video game) lol.....very high scoring, both teams will score, it will be determined by whose D shows up and plays the best.Whover has less TOs wins....Go Cats!!!
UK-48
UL-41
I like the cats by a touchdown.

Kentucky- 42
Louisville- 35
After seeing MTSU shred there Defense, I believe UK has a shot! Would like to see the O/U for this one, lol!
I have tickets to this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UK-42
UL-35
i DO TOO!!
This will be a shootout with alot of offensive yards.

UK-56
UL-49

In Overtime
This game can go either way. If UK plays like they did in the first half of the Kent State game Louisville will beat us by 30+. But if UL plays like they did against middle tenn. then UK will win easily. So whoever comes ready to play will win this game. But ill be there cheering my Cats on.
This game will have nothing to do with defense. It will have everything to do with who's offense comes out to play. UK needs to perform better in the first half to have a chance in this game.

Hopes are high:

UK - 59
UL - 53
As the week 2 games have shown, neither team's defense will be able to stop the other one at all. This game will be all about the offenses.

One thing I think goes in UK's favor is the impressive running attack they have displayed in the first two games. This may be the way they can beat Louisville: pound it on the ground, ball control, chew up time of possession, and keep the Cards' high-powered offense on the sidelines. Granted, this may keep Woodson's numbers down, but I'm not sure he can win a shootout with Brohm. Just give it to Little, Dixon, and Smith and see if Louisville can stop 'em.
I think Kentucky wins this one in a shootout. Both offenses are equal, but I do think UK may have more weapons. UK may have gave up alot of yards rushing against Kent State, but I don't see Brian Brohm rushing for over 150 yards. Allen will more than likely have a big game for the Cards but he will be stopped when Kentucky makes adjustments. All three UK backs need to have some big carries if the cats really want to win and I know they do. Guys like Domero Ford, Stevie Johnson, need to step up and make catches.

Kentucky- 56
Louisville- 45
UK 7 Louisville 6.
Call it a freakish hunch, lol
i really think UK has a good shot at beatin U of L. they have a good offense, and a shaky defense. U of Ls defense is even worse than Uks though because of how Midd tn shredded it.
UK-49
UL-45
Tough game to call really...Neither team has shown their entire arsenal...offensively or defensively. In a game like this you really never know whats going to happen. The O/U i think is at 77, and if you ask me, i take the UNDER. Both clubs are going to try and run the ball to control the game clock, and both teams will have a very hard time stopping each other in that regard. Anthony Allen is an absolute BRUISER who UK will not be able to tackle...period. ON the other side of the ball you have the 3 headed monster of little, dixon, and smith...and either one of those guys can take it to the paydirt on any given play. Dont really know who to pick, but since im a homer, im going

UK-31
UL-24
It is going to be a high scoring game, but none of you mentioned that UofL's defense made a complete turn around in the second half allowing only 7 points... so there defensive problems were corrected then... Also Louisville scores at will, I understand the UK has a very good offense but I dont believe it is as good as UofL. They are faster and have one thing that UK really doesnt... an O-Line... UofL will more than likely win this game it just won't be as much of a blowout as usual.
cardinalfan27 Wrote:It is going to be a high scoring game, but none of you mentioned that UofL's defense made a complete turn around in the second half allowing only 7 points... so there defensive problems were corrected then... Also Louisville scores at will, I understand the UK has a very good offense but I dont believe it is as good as UofL. They are faster and have one thing that UK really doesnt... an O-Line... UofL will more than likely win this game it just won't be as much of a blowout as usual.

The same could be said for UK. They allowed only 6 in the 2nd half, and only 20 total, to a better football team. UL looked totally los out there last Thursday, it was absolutely amazing to watch. Have you watched both teams 2 games?? UK's oline may just be a little better then UL. They are more athletic and can really move!! Should be a fun one.
I'll take Louisville by a lot. UK just doens't have the amount of talent that Louisville has. Sure Louisville had a close game with MTSU, but that team has a lot of speed, and I don't know if UK can match it. Also Louisville quite possibly overlooked them because they have a tough conference schedule. It doesn't matter though because last week was last week and this week is this week. Louisville in a rout!!!!!!!!!!
Kentucky by a touchdown.
launchpad4 Wrote:I'll take Louisville by a lot. UK just doens't have the amount of talent that Louisville has. Sure Louisville had a close game with MTSU, but that team has a lot of speed, and I don't know if UK can match it. Also Louisville quite possibly overlooked them because they have a tough conference schedule. It doesn't matter though because last week was last week and this week is this week. Louisville in a rout!!!!!!!!!!

Come again?? Surely you dont believe that....
its gonna be a chess match for both teams...both teams have SO MANY WEAPONS on offense, and both teams have shown they can struggle on defense. The over/under is 77, and IMO, it will top that...Im not sold on Kragthorpe, but IMO, of the games UK wont be favored in but could win (South Carolina, Arkansas, UT, Louisville, Georgia), this one might very well be that game. If UK can keep from falling down big early, then they'll have a shot to win this game. Thats the key. Not falling behind 28-0 or something ridiculous like that. And they need to hit Brohm HARD right out of the gate, and keep pressuring him, and knocking him on his back every chance they get (like they did Dave Ragone in '02's 22-17 upset)...I pick UK in an upset. Ive picked Louisville all up until now, but like I said, Im not sold on Kragthorpe at all. UK 45-38..
launchpad4 Wrote:I'll take Louisville by a lot. UK just doens't have the amount of talent that Louisville has. Sure Louisville had a close game with MTSU, but that team has a lot of speed, and I don't know if UK can match it. Also Louisville quite possibly overlooked them because they have a tough conference schedule. It doesn't matter though because last week was last week and this week is this week. Louisville in a rout!!!!!!!!!!

If you think that Middle Tennessee has more overall team speed than UK, then you don't know much about college football. I can promise that if Louisville couldn't stop MTSU's running attack, they will never be able to catch Little, Dixon, and Smith.

On the contrary, what caused UK problems against Kent State was their mobile, dual-threat QB, which will never be used to describe Brian Brohm (or Woodson for that matter).
cardinalfan27 Wrote:It is going to be a high scoring game, but none of you mentioned that UofL's defense made a complete turn around in the second half allowing only 7 points... so there defensive problems were corrected then... Also Louisville scores at will, I understand the UK has a very good offense but I dont believe it is as good as UofL. They are faster and have one thing that UK really doesnt... an O-Line... UofL will more than likely win this game it just won't be as much of a blowout as usual.

You also conveniently forgot to mention that UK's defense tightened up in the second half of its game as well. Does that mean that both teams have their defensive problems corrected? Maybe, but i doubt it...

Oh, you say UK doesn't have an offensive line? Well you must not be aware that UK's Jason Leger was named the SEC offensive lineman of the week! Yeah, all those Wildcat linemen must really suck.
I think cardinalfan27 has a little favortism towards the UofL line for one particular reason if it is who I think it is. In the Louisville Courier-Journal today Eric Crawford brought up the fact that the Sagarin rating predicts UK for the 10 point win. I'm not exactly how sure the Sagarin rankings work but it also dropped UofL to the No. 9 spot along with the AP and USA Today coaches poll. I know this is going to be a high scoring game and he brought up a good point about both teams ability to convert on 3rd down. UofL ranks 2nd at 63.4% and UK ranks in at 18th converting on 52.4%. The team with the higher conversion percentage on 3rd down should win the ball game. I am going to have to go with my gut instinct on this one, I like UK by a field goal.

UK-41
UL-38
I can not wait! We are about to witness the most anticipated game in Commonwealth Stadium history. UK and UL will light up the scoreboard for at least a total of 90 points.
UK-48
UL- 42
Come on CATS!!!!!
Should be a great game, I like UK in this one.... Does anyone know if David Jones will be back playing this week??? I was told he would, but havent herd anything else since then...
More Cowbell Wrote:If you think that Middle Tennessee has more overall team speed than UK, then you don't know much about college football. I can promise that if Louisville couldn't stop MTSU's running attack, they will never be able to catch Little, Dixon, and Smith.

On the contrary, what caused UK problems against Kent State was their mobile, dual-threat QB, which will never be used to describe Brian Brohm (or Woodson for that matter).

I have watched college football religously since I was 10, I also know that most UK fans are dillusional and that UK is not that good. UL is a national powerhouse. They get better athletes and are a lot deeper at every position. If you would do more than suck on the UK tit you would find out that just because they are UK and in the SEC that doesn't mean they are any good. Come on they are aweful, they very realistically could only win 5 games this year. Also, everyone that I have talked to or heard on tv and radio commented on the amount of speed MTSU has. So just go back to watching SNL and having dillusions of grandier for UK. UL=BCS. UK=Watching Bowls.
Pages: 1 2