Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Head Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(01-25-2021, 03:13 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2021, 09:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Lot of discouraging rumors going around...
Whitley County hiring Greer as assistant and bringing all the best players with him?

(01-27-2021, 06:43 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2021, 02:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2021, 10:43 AM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2021, 05:15 AM)OldColonel Wrote: [ -> ]Has The new coach named one assistant yet?  I haven’t heard one named at all.  He probably needs to get on that.

Maybe he is waiting on administration to tell him who the assistants will be, who knows though? Word is the admins want to control lots of things about the program that made other experienced head coaches not interested in the job 

Where did you hear this word? :)

On the street of course  :) 

from parents with kids in the program who may be full of it so take it with a grain of salt

(01-29-2021, 02:20 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2021, 06:43 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2021, 02:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2021, 10:43 AM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2021, 05:15 AM)OldColonel Wrote: [ -> ]Has The new coach named one assistant yet?  I haven’t heard one named at all.  He probably needs to get on that.

Maybe he is waiting on administration to tell him who the assistants will be, who knows though? Word is the admins want to control lots of things about the program that made other experienced head coaches not interested in the job 

Where did you hear this word? :)

On the street of course  :) 

from parents with kids in the program who may be full of it so take it with a grain of salt

Sounds more like Corbin fans. lol

Lmao oh really now.

(01-29-2021, 02:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2021, 08:40 AM)UCfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]Players leaving. Young DC. Local coaches without knowing anyone outside of the campus. Not a good start for the program with a couple of quality district opponents.

scary stuff.
What’s really scary is where the really good ones are gonna transfer to as usual...
[quote="PJdoug" pid="2300424"

Sounds more like Corbin fans. lol

[/quote]

I assure you it was Whitley parents. And given all of these changes I think it may be a long while before Whitley is competitive enough to be of any concern to Corbin
Go Colonels!
People are really on here questioning why him. The real question is why not. Why not let a younger guy come in and build something up or try. It’s been a sub par program for years now and experienced coaches haven’t made a change. Get off the young guys back and instead of questioning why this guy support him. Best of luck Whitley.
(01-30-2021, 05:42 AM)Has.been Wrote: [ -> ]People are really on here questioning why him. The real question is why not. Why not let a younger guy come in and build something up or try. It’s been a sub par program for years now and experienced coaches haven’t made a change. Get off the young guys back and instead of questioning why this guy support him. Best of luck Whitley.

I'm the only real Whitley County fan on here, and I like the young man's enthusiasm  Smile
(01-30-2021, 12:58 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2021, 05:42 AM)Has.been Wrote: [ -> ]People are really on here questioning why him. The real question is why not. Why not let a younger guy come in and build something up or try. It’s been a sub par program for years now and experienced coaches haven’t made a change. Get off the young guys back and instead of questioning why this guy support him. Best of luck Whitley.

I'm the only real Whitley County fan on here, and I like the young man's enthusiasm  :)

Whitley fans kind of like Bigfoot I’ve heard about them but never seen one in person.
(01-30-2021, 03:03 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm the only real Whitley County fan on here, and I like the young man's enthusiasm  Smile

Whitley fans kind of like Bigfoot I’ve heard about them but never seen one in person.
I'm unique.
How many new assistant coaches have joined the staff?

Why not? Because you had several experienced head coaches with winning records and playoff success to consider, and several up and coming assistant coaches with High School experience to consider. This guy may turn out to be great, but from the resume I saw he's never even been a coordinator at any level? It is a huge jump to go from a position coach to the head coach when you've never had any play calling responsibilities. Not to mention recruiting and college coaching is not the same as high school, it's just a different world. Add in the fact that Whitley County is in a district where they are way behind at the moment and in a class that is extremely hard if they were to ever get out of the district and it's just a tall task for someone so young who doesn't have experience in the high school coaching world.
(02-01-2021, 10:02 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm unique.
Is RunItUpTheGut ok? Every time I see a Whitley thread going I wonder what happened to him. He went from posting 20-30 times a day to just...gone.
(02-03-2021, 10:01 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm unique.
Is RunItUpTheGut ok? Every time I see a Whitley thread going I wonder what happened to him. He went from posting 20-30 times a day to just...gone.
Maybe he is a Redhound now?
(02-02-2021, 12:30 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]

Why not? Because you had several experienced head coaches with winning records and playoff success to consider, and several up and coming assistant coaches with High School experience to consider. This guy may turn out to be great, but from the resume I saw he's never even been a coordinator at any level? It is a huge jump to go from a position coach to the head coach when you've never had any play calling responsibilities. Not to mention recruiting and college coaching is not the same as high school, it's just a different world. Add in the fact that Whitley County is in a district where they are way behind at the moment and in a class that is extremely hard if they were to ever get out of the district and it's just a tall task for someone so young who doesn't have experience in the high school coaching world.
I like when they don't let Corbin fans do the hiring Smile
(02-03-2021, 10:01 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm unique.
 Gut got caught voting for Trump in Georgia and on BGR. Lol!!
I wouldn't mind seeing Whitley County add a good experienced former head coach to the staff to help the young man Smile . His dad also has head coaching experience ?
(02-03-2021, 04:39 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

I like when they don't let Corbin fans do the hiring :)

You don't like winning?
I don’t know what they are going to do if they don’t have a staff in time for spring practice. I just don’t know what the hold up is!
(02-03-2021, 06:23 PM)single shot Wrote: [ -> ]

You don't like winning?
I'm a winner.
(02-03-2021, 07:00 PM)OldColonel Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know what they are going to do if they don’t have a staff in time for spring practice.  I just don’t know what the hold up is!
I heard they had hired at least one assistant. is that not true?
(02-04-2021, 01:19 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2021, 07:00 PM)OldColonel Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know what they are going to do if they don’t have a staff in time for spring practice.  I just don’t know what the hold up is!
I heard they had hired at least one assistant. is that not true?
Jewell is supposedly going to be the DC but that is all I am hearing.  I truly believe that is all they have figured out so far.
(02-04-2021, 01:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

You don't like winning?
I'm a winner.
Big Grin Yes you are,  I'm glad to see your still around and kicking hope things have been going well in the holler...
(02-04-2021, 06:14 PM)single shot Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2021, 12:30 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]Why not? Because you had several experienced head coaches with winning records and playoff success to consider, and several up and coming assistant coaches with High School experience to consider. This guy may turn out to be great, but from the resume I saw he's never even been a coordinator at any level? It is a huge jump to go from a position coach to the head coach when you've never had any play calling responsibilities. Not to mention recruiting and college coaching is not the same as high school, it's just a different world. Add in the fact that Whitley County is in a district where they are way behind at the moment and in a class that is extremely hard if they were to ever get out of the district and it's just a tall task for someone so young who doesn't have experience in the high school coaching world.

You don't like winning?
I'm a winner.
Big Grin Yes you are,  I'm glad to see your still around and kicking hope things have been going well in the holler...
I'm still getting by Smile. How are you doing?
I heard Whitley County is getting another Cumberlands assistant. Can anybody confirm this?? Any other rumors? Smile
clay clevenger was one they went after when they got irwin......hmmmm

and hes a uc guy.....lol
(02-05-2021, 01:36 PM)KEEPITREAL Wrote: [ -> ]clay clevenger was one they went after when they got irwin......hmmmm

and hes a uc guy.....lol

Right. He needs to come to Goldbug.lol
(02-05-2021, 12:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2021, 04:39 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]I like when they don't let Corbin fans do the hiring Smile

You don't like winning?
I'm a winner.
Sick Sick Sick Sick I guess im getting by, hope the colonels have got a coach that can develop the program, Im not around Kentucky anymore hope that something changes for Whitely had high hopes for Irwin but whatever I guess.  You take care of yourself my friend maybe one of these days ill make it back and we can go down to the creek for some cold beverages and talk about what could have been....God Bless
Too young to get any experienced coaches from the outside. Sounds like it’ll just be former Cumberlands and Colonels players that will be on staff. 3-4 years and they’ll be on the hunt again. Nothing against the head man but he’s too young and inexperienced for a program with this high of expectations.
(02-06-2021, 02:51 AM)single shot Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2021, 12:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2021, 06:23 PM)single shot Wrote: [ -> ]You don't like winning?
I'm a winner.
Sick Sick Sick Sick I guess im getting by, hope the colonels have got a coach that can develop the program, Im not around Kentucky anymore hope that something changes for Whitely had high hopes for Irwin but whatever I guess.  You take care of yourself my friend maybe one of these days ill make it back and we can go down to the creek for some cold beverages and talk about what could have been....God Bless

Can't blame him for going home I guess. What part of the world are you in now?
I guess I'll wait a little while and see how the young man does before I join the gloom and doom.
Give us some updates, coach Smile
Still no assistant coaches?  This is starting to look bad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5