Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lower divison team now able to receive votes in the AP Poll!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the U of L game on a sportscenter 30 at 30 it said Lower divison teams will be eligible to recieve votes in the AP poll. Thanks APPALACHAIN STATE.
I would put Appy State in the top twenty lol
Im so glad that ncaa football is doing something that makes sense with their organizion of teams, with all this BCS stuff if your not ranked #1 or #2 you have no shot of winning a national championship,at least this way some of the smaller teams have a chance to make a bigger bowl game which would help their school so much.
This is crazy. Who's Appy State playing this weekend? You can't judge FCS & BCS teams on the same playing field just because Appy State beat Michigan. Not a good decision. Let Div. II FCS have their own poll and Div. I keep theirs.

Overreacting if you ask me on the part of the AP.
I really don't think it matters that much. Even if Appy State received some votes for beating Michigan, they wouldn't stay in the poll that long, and order would be restored within a couple weeks. It really should't affect any of the final BCS rankings.
More Cowbell Wrote:I really don't think it matters that much. Even if Appy State received some votes for beating Michigan, they wouldn't stay in the poll that long, and order would be restored within a couple weeks. It really should't affect any of the final BCS rankings.
It could .... With so many bowls now ..... If App. wins out and your on a small bowl looking for a team this year why not pick this team ??? Would be huge !! And we know one thing about bowls is the $$$$$$$$$$!!!
Sfan Wrote:It could .... With so many bowls now ..... If App. wins out and your on a small bowl looking for a team this year why not pick this team ??? Would be huge !! And we know one thing about bowls is the $$$$$$$$$$!!!

Actually, that has absolutely nothing to do with it. For one thing, only teams in the Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly I-A) are eligible for bowl selection, so Appy State could not be picked. They have their own championship tournament to play in.

In addition, being ranked in the polls is not a prerequisite for selection to a bowl game, so I still say that whether or not you are ranked in a poll means very little, unless you're a top-shelf team vying for a spot in the BCS. After that, the bowls pick teams based on your record, your conference, your name, how many fans you bring, etc.