Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mullins defeats Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well it looks like things are looking up for the future of Pike Central football. Tonight Mullins defeated Pikeville 12 to 6 at Pikeville, the first time ever in school history. I would like to congradulate the team, coaches and principal Phillip Birchfield on this huge win. Keep it going and make our community even more proud.
Congrats to Mullins on a good win for their program. Phillip Birchfield has Mullins' students and athletes' attitudes turned around. The big debate will be about what Pikeville decided to do tonight. They sent their 8th grade starters to play in a freshmen game at Sheldon Clark and got their best player injured. This will be a hot topic in the Pikeville community!!
Well Congrats Mullins......Pville had better not count their chickens before they hatch!!!!!
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Well Congrats Mullins......Pville had better not count their chickens before they hatch!!!!!
They didn't do anything like that. They needed more players to be able to play a freshman schedule so they let the 8th graders play up. Most of the starters were gone and yes one of the better players was injured but not seriously, from my understanding. But, Not taking anything away from Mullins because I'm sure they played well, but this IS NOT a full strength Pikeville team. Even though at full strength they are no where near teams of the past, but the team they put on the field tonight wasn't even a decent third string team.
Pikeville took 8 of their jr high starters to play on the freshmen team. Don'y everyone get their panties in a wad. This was how it was supposedly planned. 8th and 9th play a full freshmen schedule while the 7th graders play up in competition. Everyone sees better competition every game.
Panther Thunder Wrote:They didn't do anything like that. They needed more players to be able to play a freshman schedule so they let the 8th graders play up. Most of the starters were gone and yes one of the better players was injured but not seriously, from my understanding. But, Not taking anything away from Mullins because I'm sure they played well, but this IS NOT a full strength Pikeville team. Even though at full strength they are no where near teams of the past, but the team they put on the field tonight wasn't even a decent third string team.

agreed. and reese ward ran a 40 yard TD to tie the game but the tight end was on the line causing the flag and result of no TD. the backers were in there everytime so tolliver hefner couldnt get it off clean when they needed it most late in the 4th quarter. and was stupid on matt branhams side. if they didnt have enough freshman. there should be no freshman team. gavin miller. gone for season
Congrats Mullins on a big win!!!
i hope none of pikeville kids read this. what you said could be taken the wrong way and hurt someone's feelings.
good job mullins for making school history!
If...Then Wrote:agreed. and reese ward ran a 40 yard TD to tie the game but the tight end was on the line causing the flag and result of no TD. the backers were in there everytime so tolliver hefner couldnt get it off clean when they needed it most late in the 4th quarter. and was stupid on matt branhams side. if they didnt have enough freshman. there should be no freshman team. gavin miller. gone for season
Gone for the season with a contusion? I doubt it. Matt is not stupid and it is not his decision to play this scgedule. He does as he is told.
SVLadiesFan Wrote:i hope none of pikeville kids read this. what you said could be taken the wrong way and hurt someone's feelings.
good job mullins for making school history!

the thread in general or just a particular post??
bigpun Wrote:Gone for the season with a contusion? I doubt it. Matt is not stupid and it is not his decision to play this scgedule. He does as he is told.

well never mind, i heard today he just bruised his wrist and can be back in for thursday against valley at home. and i apologize for saying it was matt branhams fault. jackson and copley decided for the 8th grade to advance. and i heard freshman team is over so they get their whole team back and are out to get mullins worse than belfry
Matt Branham doent back down if the senior class wanted to play the 8th graders he would say bring them down hes just that kind of coach Miller will play on THursday and Pikeville will get there payback just wait and watch it will come.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Well it looks like things are looking up for the future of Pike Central football. Tonight Mullins defeated Pikeville 12 to 6 at Pikeville, the first time ever in school history. I would like to congradulate the team, coaches and principal Phillip Birchfield on this huge win. Keep it going and make our community even more proud.
Pikeville will get there revenge agaist mullins in the playoffs. Gavin Miller briuised his thumb and will be bac in no time
Why is everyone bashing Mullins?? They showed up and beat the team that Pikeville put on the field. Don't take it out on Mullins because they beat you fair and square while you chose to take another royal beating at Sheldon Clark as well. The Panthers went 0-2 for the night. They probably could have gone 1-1 if they would have played full strength in the jr. high game but they chose a different outcome. Get over it and quit running your mouth!!
pikevillepanther#32 Wrote:Pikeville will get there revenge agaist mullins in the playoffs. Gavin Miller briuised his thumb and will be bac in no time
If their receivers don't catch the ball, it doesn't matter who they play......they will lose!!
Congrats Mullins. It's awesome you made some school history...keep it goin.
For all the pikeville football players...they just need to quit making excuses on here...and start playing.
Not trying to sound mean...but your just boasting your rep. as whinning all talk no action sorta thing.
if your suppost to be the best this year...let's see it...don't just talk...and make excuses...
pikevillepanther#32 Wrote:Pikeville will get there revenge agaist mullins in the playoffs. Gavin Miller briuised his thumb and will be bac in no time

they will get bad revenge and run all over mullins in the playoffs. just wait and see. now mullins thinks their good cause they beat half of pikelles jr. high team. and pikeville has 3 great recievers

and shakeandbake12. you dont know what your talking about
If...Then Wrote:they will get bad revenge and run all over mullins in the playoffs. just wait and see. now mullins thinks their good cause they beat half of pikelles jr. high team. and pikeville has 3 great recievers

and shakeandbake12. you dont know what your talking about

give credit where credit is due and stop making excuses...yeah some of the players werent there so what thats the coaches fault not Mullins...They beat Pikeville and thats the facts if Pikeville beats them in playoffs then great job Pikeville...If not then hey Mullins was for real either way...
What playoffs are you all talkin about?? Pike County Championship??
If...Then Wrote:well never mind, i heard today he just bruised his wrist and can be back in for thursday against valley at home. and i apologize for saying it was matt branhams fault. jackson and copley decided for the 8th grade to advance. and i heard freshman team is over so they get their whole team back and are out to get mullins worse than belfry
The freshmen team is not over for your information. They are rescheduling the games to accommodate both the freshmen and jr. high teams. Jackson decided to play this freshmen schedule during the off season. It is a great way for the younger kids to play against better competition. Playing better competition makes you better in the long run. Copley and the other coaches were on board for it because they knew what it would do for the kids as long as they had the numbers. Nothing against Mullins, but I wouldn't get too excited about beating a Pikeville team that was without at least 8 starters. I hope they get a chance to play again. To say that they are out to get Mullins worse than Belfry is ludicrous. Everyone at Pikeville knows that you worry about one game at a time and nothing else.
I think that is the dummest thing I have ever heard. Maybe pull your best player up, but I do not understand how they can do this. The insurance will not cover them at the high school level. It is not fare for the rest of the jr high team. Pikeville is going to be down but they need to win while they can. By the way, Pikeville did get beat by other Pike County teams in the past.
bigpun Wrote:The freshmen team is not over for your information. They are rescheduling the games to accommodate both the freshmen and jr. high teams. Jackson decided to play this freshmen schedule during the off season. It is a great way for the younger kids to play against better competition. Playing better competition makes you better in the long run. Copley and the other coaches were on board for it because they knew what it would do for the kids as long as they had the numbers. Nothing against Mullins, but I wouldn't get too excited about beating a Pikeville team that was without at least 8 starters. I hope they get a chance to play again. To say that they are out to get Mullins worse than Belfry is ludicrous. Everyone at Pikeville knows that you worry about one game at a time and nothing else.

thats funny how u know alllll about pikevilles freshman team huh. you must have some major hookups
Faith Wrote:I think that is the dummest thing I have ever heard. Maybe pull your best player up, but I do not understand how they can do this. The insurance will not cover them at the high school level. It is not fare for the rest of the jr high team. Pikeville is going to be down but they need to win while they can. By the way, Pikeville did get beat by other Pike County teams in the past.

i agree completely with that except for they only got beat by Belfry in 1 out of 2 games. if your talking about last year. But about 2 years ago it was Virgie this Virgie that
If...Then Wrote:thats funny how u know alllll about pikevilles freshman team huh. you must have some major hookups
He knows a lot more about it than you ever will.
If...Then Wrote:i agree completely with that except for they only got beat by Belfry in 1 out of 2 games. if your talking about last year. But about 2 years ago it was Virgie this Virgie that
If you hate the way things are run then why do it? You don't know how many people would love to have the oppurtunity you have. Make the best of it.
If...Then Wrote:thats funny how u know alllll about pikevilles freshman team huh. you must have some major hookups
I know more about this situation than you ever will my friend.
Faith Wrote:I think that is the dummest thing I have ever heard. Maybe pull your best player up, but I do not understand how they can do this. The insurance will not cover them at the high school level. It is not fare for the rest of the jr high team. Pikeville is going to be down but they need to win while they can. By the way, Pikeville did get beat by other Pike County teams in the past.
I think there is a b in dumbest. Anyway, the insurance does cover them as long as the other teams hold up their end of the agreement and play only freshmen and no one higher. How is it not fair to the rest of the jr high team? They get to play up in competition and make themselves a lot better than what they could have been by playing the second team for these county teams. Pikeville only started in the pike county conference last year and they got beat by Belfry once. They also beat Belfry once last year.
bigpun Wrote:I think there is a b in dumbest. Anyway, the insurance does cover them as long as the other teams hold up their end of the agreement and play only freshmen and no one higher. How is it not fair to the rest of the jr high team? They get to play up in competition and make themselves a lot better than what they could have been by playing the second team for these county teams. Pikeville only started in the pike county conference last year and they got beat by Belfry once. They also beat Belfry once last year.

Why is Belfry getting brought into this?? I don't think... better yet .... I KNOW they haven't played either team (Mullins or Pikeville) yet. Last year is last year. The season is over and a new one here. Does Pikeville just not have enough kids for a freshman team??
Pikeville had 6 freshman and the rest were 8th graders but the schedules have been changed so the 8th graders get to play all junior high games
bball fan Wrote:Why is everyone bashing Mullins?? They showed up and beat the team that Pikeville put on the field. Don't take it out on Mullins because they beat you fair and square while you chose to take another royal beating at Sheldon Clark as well. The Panthers went 0-2 for the night. They probably could have gone 1-1 if they would have played full strength in the jr. high game but they chose a different outcome. Get over it and quit running your mouth!!
Your the one that needs to shut your mouth. pikeville will how whos the better team
Pages: 1 2