Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 78 Mississippi St. 73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will go down as the Dontaie Allen game! 

He was unbelievable
The Pendleton Co. kid  needs to be in the lineup.  He's the one guy that can consistently knock 'em down from long range, something KY has needed forever.
"A legend is born is starkville!"

For the first time in a while my wife was actually looking at me like I was retarded for getting excited & yelling. I love it!
Every great KY team had a kid playing from Kentucky and boy did he answer! I hope these guys continue to show confidence. Maybe cals presence is intimidating? Idk cause one cal was ejected it turned into the donte Allen show. I love this kid! Truly bleeds blue

If cal don't start Allan I'm gone be pissed!
Cal,  shooters over five stars, please!!!   Give me a long range sniper(especially the KY native kind)  over  a McDonald's  5-star guy who thinks he' ready for the NBA   ANYDAY!!!
Cal gets tossed, we start winning. What's that tell ya?
(01-02-2021, 10:57 PM)jax Wrote: [ -> ]Cal gets tossed, we start winning. What's that tell ya?
You make a good point. Either the kids thought OK we got you coach. Or maybe cal is placing too much pressure on them to not play loose and just have fun. Either way they've proved they can play and be good. My question is can they grow from it and consistently get better with cal on the sideline
(01-03-2021, 01:21 AM)Oledad92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2021, 10:57 PM)jax Wrote: [ -> ]Cal gets tossed, we start winning. What's that tell ya?
You make a good point. Either the kids thought OK we got you coach. Or maybe cal is placing too much pressure on them to not play loose and just have fun. Either way they've proved they can play and be good. My question is can they grow from it and consistently get better with cal on the sideline
Cal’s done this in the past to spark his team and give them a little fight. But this one he said wasn’t planned. He planned to get the first T but not the second to get ejected.
(01-03-2021, 01:47 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
Cal’s done this in the past to spark his team and give them a little fight. But this one he said wasn’t planned. He planned to get the first T but not the second to get ejected.
Yeah you're right, I remember now. I just wonder how getting ejected from a game can motivate a team and turn them into dogs. What drives players to think that way? I really don't understand.
(01-03-2021, 03:27 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2021, 01:47 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
Yeah you're right, I remember now. I just wonder how getting ejected from a game can motivate a team and turn them into dogs. What drives players to think that way? I really don't understand.

Only thing I could think is the players are not thinking their coach got great fairly and that the refs were against them so the coach showed some fight for them. So then they try and do it for their guy o guess. Idk
Idk either but that sure makes a lot of sense. I'm thinking now cal might know how to motivate these guys. And our boy Allen is going to lead the way. Home grown! I've said it all a long this team needs a four year guy I hope Allen is that guy. Darius miller was the last 4 year guy we had and he left for the NBA a champion. I guess we will see

Every great Kentucky basketball team has had a kid in the starting 5 that was raised in KY. Welcome to the Allen era fellas
(01-03-2021, 03:56 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: [ -> ]Idk either but that sure makes a lot of sense. I'm thinking now cal might know how to motivate these guys. And our boy Allen is going to lead the way. Home grown! I've said it all a long this team needs a four year guy I hope Allen is that guy. Darius miller was the last 4 year guy we had and he left for the NBA a champion. I guess we will see

Every great Kentucky basketball team has had a kid in the starting 5 that was raised in KY. Welcome to the Allen era fellas

You are absolutely right. Miller, Willis, Hawkins and now Allen. We need Boston now to get it going and see some shots fall through the basket.
You couldn't write a script better than last night. But if you did write one , call it "Dontaie's Inferno. " He was scorching it !!!
Would love to see him turn into a Chris lofton of Tennessee or a JJ reddick from duke. Or the former hilltopper transfer Patrick Sparks!! Kid can shoot that's all i care about.
(01-03-2021, 10:47 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: [ -> ]Would love to see him turn into a Chris lofton of Tennessee or a JJ reddick from duke. Or the former hilltopper transfer Patrick Sparks!! Kid can shoot that's all i care about.

Boy could you imagine? lol

That would be a fairytale though