Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky vs. Kent State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Game is now only 4 days away, so it's time to start some discussion on this game. UK had better not be looking ahead to Louisville, or they could drop one this weekend.

Personally, I think UK will come out ready to play, I don't think Brooks will let them look past this one. I actually think it was to our advantage that this wasn't the first game of the year for either school. The fact that Kent State just beat Iowa State on the Cyclones' home field shows that this a team not to be taken lightly. That game, not to mention the Appy State win over Michigan, should be enough to get the players' attention and remind them that anything can happen if you don't show up ready to play.

Thoughts and predictions on the game? I'll say UK 41-24.
Totally agree, Kentucky will be ready to go out there and play, take it one game at a time and hopefully I will be going to this game!

UK-37
KState- 14
Kentucky - 42
Kent State - 35

...in a game that's too close for comfort.
UK- 38 (5 touchdowns and hopefully just one field goal)
Kent St.- 24
I maybe giving Kent St. too much credit but I think it is a good guess.
Kent State will give the Cats everything they can handle..UK wins but it will be closer than expected 33-23
This will be a very dangerous game for Kentucky. Kent State did defeat Iowa State but the cyclones are not very good at all. The experts picked them to only win two games this season. Kentucky gets Myron Pryor back for this game so the UK defense should dominate. UK should be able to move the ball well on Kent State.

Kentucky- 31
Kent State- 13
Uk Will Win Big Go Big Blue.
Kentucky -42
Kent State - 35
uk will win
maybe a good game
im givin kentucky-38 kent state-17
This is a scary game. If UK wins by 14+, I'll be very happy.
blackcat_student Wrote:The experts picked them to only win two games this season.

I'm sure the experts also picked Michigan to winSmile
Kentucky-42
Kent State-28
UK-36
Kent State-10-14
lmao, yeah really.

ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm sure the experts also picked Michigan to winSmile
blackcat_student Wrote:This will be a very dangerous game for Kentucky. Kent State did defeat Iowa State but the cyclones are not very good at all. The experts picked them to only win two games this season. Kentucky gets Myron Pryor back for this game so the UK defense should dominate. UK should be able to move the ball well on Kent State.

We do get Myron Pryor back for this game, but we lost Marcus McClinton as well as E.J. Adams, so I would call that a wash. Also David Jones will still be out.

It would be nice if everyone was back and healthy for the Louisville game!
Man if this weekend is a setback, you can kiss all of this years hopes and expectations goodbye. If UK does win this weekend we still will be favored in only 3 more games. We can say that this is a "must win" kind of game to get us to 6-6. Come on Cats, don't let us down!
One thing that concerns me about this game...

Kent State's QB is one of those run/pass dual threat guys that have given UK fits in the past. See: Chris Nickson (Vandy), Kinsmon Lancaster (La-Monroe), and Dan LeFevour (Cent. Michigan) from last year. UK's defense had trouble containing these guys, and each team scored a lot of points in the process.
UK keeps the ball rolling and gets ready for UL to come to Commonwealth.

UK - 42
KS - 13
I think the UL game tonight showed me a fantastic bit of information for the UK-UL game. UL's defense was not really kicking. Oh happy day that seems to be right up UK's alley. If UL has a sub par defense on next Saturday, we may see that win for the cats.
UK!!
UK big in this one....

UK-51
Kent St.-13
BelfryPride Wrote:Kentucky -42
Kent State - 35

I thought this through a little more...I don't see UK's defense which is ranked 18th in the country allowing 35 pts.

UK - 49
Kent- 14
BelfryPride Wrote:I thought this through a little more...I don't see UK's defense which is ranked 18th in the country allowing 35 pts.

I don't think our defense is actually 18th best in the country (or anywhere near there, for that matter). Those rankings are based on playing Eastern, you know... Big Grin

I do think our defense will give up 35 points in a game, almost assuredly next week to Louisville (although hopefully we will outscore them). It will also probably happen more than once, with games against LSU, Florida, Arkansas, and Georgia as other possibilities. But not in this game. I say Kent scores 24 on us but loses 41-24.
I think UK will win this one 52-18. I don't think it will be as good as a game as everyone is thinking it will be! I HOPE NOT ANYWAYS!