Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky - 50 Eastern Kentucky -10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Woodson looked good tonight...Lyons, Tamme and Little continues to shine for the Cats.

Nice to be 1-0 for a change

Kent State will be a tough game for UK, the game is only available on PPV. But you can listen to it live on www.ukathletics.com or UK Sports Radio

GBB!!!!!!!
Congrats Wildcats...
congrats cats
Congrats UK, looked very impressive in the season opener.
Cats looked poised and prepared. Exactly how they should look for Kent State and then Louisville. Very good showing by Woodson, great way to begin the season on a high instead of digging out of a 0-1 hole.
Kicking game had something to be desired, but overall good opening game.
Congrats Cats!
Congrats to the Cats, they did exactly what an SEC should do to a I-AA team.

Now, on to Kent State! UK better not look past them to the big game with Louisville, or they very well may lose. Kent State just knocked off Iowa State, another team from a big boy conference, on the road by a score of 23-14.

Hopefully we will take care of business next week and come into our matchup with the Cards at 2-0.
UK's special teams had better get its butt in gear. They looked alright on offense and defense, but the special teams looked bad. Cant miss extra points, fumble when the ball's kicked, etc..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:UK's special teams had better get its butt in gear. They looked alright on offense and defense, but the special teams looked bad. Cant miss extra points, fumble when the ball's kicked, etc..

I agree, whoever the kicker is needs to wake up. I don't see how you miss an extra point, but make a 38 yard field goal.

There were also 2 or 3 dropped passes that could have been easily caught. They looked good, not great, and we'll see what happens against Kent State.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I agree, whoever the kicker is needs to wake up. I don't see how you miss an extra point, but make a 38 yard field goal.

There were also 2 or 3 dropped passes that could have been easily caught. They looked good, not great, and we'll see what happens against Kent State.

Freshman Ryan Tydlacka came into camp billed as being both a punter and kicker, but had been working almost exclusively on punting this fall. One has to wonder if another effort like that by Seiber might cause Brooks to switch Tydlacka back to placekicking in order to give him some competition.
I agree about the kicking unit. It seems like that is the only major thing to bring up from this first game. Glad to see Hartline get some jitters out.
Andre' Woodson looked good, but not great (missed a wide-open receiver streaking down the sideline sometime in 3rd Quarter, I believe). He'll need to make those throws if UK is going to build on their success from last season. Like many of you have already stated, the special teams are obviously this year's weak link. Nevertheless, good solid win against a VERY physical EKU squad.
Way to go CATS!!!! Nice win, I thought mountain product Little AL Holland looked nice for EKU as well!!!! GO CATS!!
i think UK has a great chance to beat U of L. of course they have to get by Kent St. first. but i think they can beat kent.
As someone mention on here yesterday, Kent State took down Iowa State (I believe) so they do deserve some attention from the Cat fans. I am just as excited about the UL game as the next person but I will not get carried away by my emotions until Sunday. Then we should be able to start the smack talk!
Kentucky sounded as if they played great on both sides of the ball. As for the kicking game, I've seen high school teams kick better than UK's place kicker. The radio broadcasters said that the freshman Tydlacka had an awesome leg. And if he is as good as they say he is then he should be place kicking for the wildcats.
the kicking game looks a little ruff did any else see the kickers plant foot come off the ground in his first attempt it never had a chance.
UK played good on both sides. Only concern for me was UK not going deep more often. Woodson could have had a career day. But that may be where UK is different from Louisville. UK called off the dogs after the first play of scrimmage unlike louisville. After last night I think their only goal is to get Brohm his heisman.