Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Appalachian State upsets Michigan 34-32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And this was at the big house! Appy State blocks a field goal to give them the win!

WOO!
I saw this. This was crazy. You never see big upsets like this in football.
I Love It!
The Mountaineers actually blocked 2 field goals in the game.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:The Mountaineers actually blocked 2 field goals in the game.

Including one that could've won the game for Michigan.

I hate the Wolverines (Buckeye fan myself) this has made my day! No national championship for Michigan.

This was the first time that a team from Div. I-AA (which is now referred to as FCS beginning this season) has ever beaten a team in Div. I that was ranked in the AP Top 25. Appalachian State was also coming into today's game as the 2-time defending Div. AA champs - they were no pushover.

ESPN.com says that, "No Division I-AA team had beaten a team ranked in The Associated Press poll from 1989-2006, and it's unlikely that it happened after Division-I subdivisions were created in 1978." http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272440130
Oh How I love this! Could be the BIGGEST upset in College Football History IMO! Plus....I HATE MICHIGAN!!!
I hate the fact that Michigan lost, but Appy State just out played them. They showed more heart than Michigan. They could play with D-1 I think. Appy State is a good team. They showed it today.
Imagine what will be said if App. State loses to a FCS team this year, lol.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Including one that could've won the game for Michigan.

I hate the Wolverines (Buckeye fan myself) this has made my day! No national championship for Michigan.

This was the first time that a team from Div. I-AA (which is now referred to as FCS beginning this season) has ever beaten a team in Div. I that was ranked in the AP Top 25. Appalachian State was also coming into today's game as the 2-time defending Div. AA champs - they were no pushover.

ESPN.com says that, "No Division I-AA team had beaten a team ranked in The Associated Press poll from 1989-2006, and it's unlikely that it happened after Division-I subdivisions were created in 1978." http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272440130

Woe Woe Woe people let's not jump to conclusions just yet, Appalachian State has a real tough team this year!!!!!!!!

It was AT Michigan too!

Growing up, I was the Ohio State fan, and my brother was a Michigan fan, so when we were decorating our room, he got to pick Michigan wallpaper, I was so mad I wanted to move in with my sister.

However, this upsets me because I was planning on Ohio State and Michigan climbing a few spots in the rankings, and then when Ohio State beats them in Ann Arbor the last game of the season, it might have sling shotted them into the National Title Game.
I love it. Ive never been a Michigan fan, and them whining at the end of last year, then getting their faces smacked against USC, just proved what babies they were...but this..this is priceless. Appy State is no pushover, but still should have been no match for the "mighty" Wolverines in Ann Arbor. Thank God they'll not be in any national championship talk this year. Congrats Appy State!! And yeah PB5, this IS the biggest upset in my opinion too..
WTG Appy State!!!
Oh Yaaaaa! Appy State RULES!!!!
Upsets like this are why I like college sports so much.
I loved this game. the Big Ten is so overrated. Maybe now people will see that the Big Ten just sucks.
Good win..App. State
i love it, way to kick but app state
One of the single biggest upsets not only in College Football history, but in Sports history, was shocked when I found out when App. State beat Michigan, and when I seen the highlights, it was an awesome site.
This is the biggest upset I can remember in college football. However, I am more impressed by App State's poise than I am with Michigan's non-existant execution. Can you say 3, 4, or 5-peat for App State in their division? Absolutely amazing.
I watched the whole game and I enjoyed every minute of it...the upset kind of takes the place of how good the game really was even if App St would've lost.
Yes
Tubby Hater Wrote:I loved this game. the Big Ten is so overrated. Maybe now people will see that the Big Ten just sucks.

Agree completely. The Big Ten loves to talk about how they are just as good as the SEC, but the fact is that conference is way overrated. Do you think LSU, Georgia, or Florida would lose to a team from I-AA?

Congrats to Appy State! :Thumbs:
"And David took the rock and put in his sling and it struck the Philisitine in the head and he fell to the ground"
:notworthy Man....that was.........AWESOME. That should be on the cover of their media guide for next weeks game..
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:"And David took the rock and put in his sling and it struck the Philisitine in the head and he fell to the ground"
wow, this was crazy i rlly couldnt believe when i seen it lol BIG Congrats to App State!
TidesHoss32 Wrote::notworthy Man....that was.........AWESOME. That should be on the cover of their media guide for next weeks game..
I remember that from "Hoosiers" when the preacher read that out of the bible to the team before the state title game. My dad was a preacher so i get a little misty eyed every time that scene comes on.
although my father wasnt a preacher, your not American if you dont get misty eyed when he reads that..one of the top two or three parts to a sports movie ever..
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I remember that from "Hoosiers" when the preacher read that out of the bible to the team before the state title game. My dad was a preacher so i get a little misty eyed every time that scene comes on.
More Cowbell Wrote:Agree completely. The Big Ten loves to talk about how they are just as good as the SEC, but the fact is that conference is way overrated. Do you think LSU, Georgia, or Florida would lose to a team from I-AA?

Congrats to Appy State! :Thumbs:
I put the Big Ten in the same category as Notre Dame, they get all the praise and fame on just their name. Both were good 20 years ago but now times have changed. I watched this game and App State had the best athletes on the field. When their receivers and running backs broke loose, they were gone. It kinda reminded you of how Florida's speed dominated Ohio State last year.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I put the Big Ten in the same category as Notre Dame, they get all the praise and fame on just their name. Both were good 20 years ago but now times have changed. I watched this game and App State had the best athletes on the field. When their receivers and running backs broke loose, they were gone. It kinda reminded you of how Florida's speed dominated Ohio State last year.

Yeah kinda like how Ted Ginn's did on the first play, the goes down with an ankle injury.
Sounds like im the only one who upset about this lol.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I put the Big Ten in the same category as Notre Dame, they get all the praise and fame on just their name. Both were good 20 years ago but now times have changed. I watched this game and App State had the best athletes on the field. When their receivers and running backs broke loose, they were gone. It kinda reminded you of how Florida's speed dominated Ohio State last year.

I agree about the Big Ten and ND. They are talked as the pennicle of college football eventhough when in comparison the SEC has been a much much stronger conference for years now.

I don't know if App state has the better athletes but they sure had the bigger heart for the game yesterday.
Pages: 1 2