Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs Faulkner University (Ala.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who does everyone think will win this game?...I dont know anything bout Faulkner University but I hope Pikeville can win the season opener @ home and start the season off right!
PC had around 50 freshmen start summer practice out, so they will be pretty young. Ryan Brown, Justin Lamb, and Nick Jamerson will get lots of PT this year. Also look for Blake Johnson to get the starting nod after a couple of games at the LB spot. He has been tearing things up when he is along side starting LB McKinley
Johnson decided to leave the team, I think you mean Michael Tackett. Tackett has had a pretty good camp so far, he will definately get playing time. Pikeville is pretty solid on Defense from what I can see, the only real question mark will be if the offensive line can get it together.
Oh yeah, I'll take Pikeville by 14.....should be a good atmosphere, Faulkner has already purchased 900 tickets for their schools first game.
So this is their first game of the school's program? If they are anything like North Carolina A&T from a few years back I'll take PC by 4td's
GRIZZ Wrote:So this is their first game of the school's program? If they are anything like North Carolina A&T from a few years back I'll take PC by 4td's
I think it is the 4th or 5th year of the program.
Is Big Hundley still @ PC???....Is Chip English starting this game?
I went and watched a few of their practices and I haven't seen the Hundley boy up there. They are mainly working with a Freshman QB named Dan and Chip. Dan is more of the scrambling type. Chip has some problems with his accuracy and his arm strength. They also have a kid from Leslie Co. named Brent Collins that looked sharp in the practices that I have been to, but right now its a two man race between Dan and Chip.
Can anyone on here post their full season schedule?

Go Bears!!!
This is Faulkner University's first game in school history. They went through spring drills last season and summer camp this season so they should be hungry for "fresh meat". I believe they have several transfers, but have been bitten by the injury bug as of late losing their starting QB. However, they are well coached....their staff has been a part of Auburn's the past several seasons and should have great knowledge of the game since they did serve as assistants on one of the best football programs in the country.

Jake Hundley is no longer there, the starting QB for PC is Dan Wideman....a redshirt freshman from Emerald H.S. in South Carolina and Chip English should get many reps also. As for a complete schedule, just go to www.pc.edu and click on athletics and go to football. I know week 2 they will travel to S.C. and take on Pres. College (Div. 1AA as of this season) and the following week St. Francis will travel to Pikeville.
Why are they playing St. Francis? I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't see Pikeville being able to even keep that one close. What can they hope to gain from playing a powerhouse team like that?
IRISH4 Wrote:Jake Hundley is no longer there.

Do you know the reason of the big guy leaving?
MVP2 Wrote:Do you know the reason of the big guy leaving?

He flunked out after football last year.
More Cowbell Wrote:Why are they playing St. Francis? I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't see Pikeville being able to even keep that one close. What can they hope to gain from playing a powerhouse team like that?

Because they signed a two year contract before Jerry Mynatt left. Pikeville woulda been loaded last year if not for a bunch bein ineligible. Pikeville went to St.Francis last year so they have to come to Pikeville this year.
Redneck Wrote:Because they signed a two year contract before Jerry Mynatt left. Pikeville woulda been loaded last year if not for a bunch bein ineligible. Pikeville went to St.Francis last year so they have to come to Pikeville this year.

You are correct, after the playoff game in 2005 there was a home/away contract signed between the two schools with St. Francis coming here. What can they gain? They can gain experience for one, facing tougher competition will only make them better. Also, they will/should have a rather large crowd for this game since St. Francis is #2 in the nation...give people in EKY an oppertunity to see a great football team.
when is the game
The game vs. Faulkner is Saturday, Sept. 1 @ 1:30, St. Francis is Sept. 15 @ 1:30
IRISH4 Wrote:You are correct, after the playoff game in 2005 there was a home/away contract signed between the two schools with St. Francis coming here. What can they gain? They can gain experience for one, facing tougher competition will only make them better. Also, they will/should have a rather large crowd for this game since St. Francis is #2 in the nation...give people in EKY an oppertunity to see a great football team.

I will agree with that statement to a point. Playing good teams does make you better, but only if you can compete with them. Getting blown out by 35 points will not make the Bears a stronger team. What would make them better is playing teams that are somewhat better than them, but are not completely out of their league.
You're right, they will more than likely get it handed to 'em by more than 35.....but it will be a growing experience for a lot of the younger kids. They will learn what it takes to be a great team, but I look for it to be closer this year than the past few. St. Francis makes the trip to Pikeville and the game will start an hour earlier to what they are used to, but I may be wrong. I look for the Bears to only put points up on the board by the foot of All-American kicker Kyle Chilton though.