Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beware of the Coronabros - they are trying to shut football down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lots of stuff like this circulating. Make no mistake, lots of people want this state shut down, high school sports and all.

[/url]

[Image: default_profile_bigger.png]

John Nienaber

@jnpack61

·
51m

Have you seen a picture of the full stands at the home Pikeville game last night? Not sure about masks, but the stands were packed!

[Image: LxrBuFKi_bigger.jpg]

Brad Hughes

@GYMObrad

Replying to
[url=https://twitter.com/jnpack61]@jnpack61

Yes, have seen shared video, but looking for a news story to post. I suspect KHSAA will have to act on that one - and quickly.
1:09 PM · Sep 19, 2020·Twitter Web App
Until We the people stand up and stop this shit it won’t end ....it will only get worse
^Exactly right!!!
I don’t know what people saw on some video but ever other row was empty at Pikeville and Belfry game. I was there so you better know what you are talking about before making claims that are not true. Go watch cnn or msnbc and they will give you more to lie about.
Same at Somerset it was packed but every other row. The briar patch can hold 2400 with the restrictions
Maybe just follow the guidelines and there won't be a problem?
(09-19-2020, 11:08 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe just follow the guidelines and there won't be a problem?
If everyone had Mask on why would it matter????? The mask protect us from Rona right ?????? What a joke !!!!!
let the kids play ....
(09-19-2020, 11:37 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2020, 11:08 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe just follow the guidelines and there won't be a problem?
If everyone had Mask on why would it matter????? The mask protect us from Rona right ?????? What a joke !!!!!
let the kids play ....
Don't be stupid. There were over 1,000 new cases today. I promise you that defying the rules isn't the answer if you actually care about the kids playing.
(09-19-2020, 03:13 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Until  We the people stand up and stop this shit it won’t end ....it will only get worse
IM WITH YA!!!
(09-20-2020, 12:00 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
let the kids play ....
Don't be stupid. There were over 1,000 new cases today. I promise you that defying the rules isn't the answer if you actually care about the kids playing.
Stupid? Defying the rules ? The mask do protect us from the RONA right ? I was at the Somerset game last night and nobody is defying the rules, every other row was blocked, mask were up and all the Precautions were taken !!!
Go back to your moms basement and watch CNN..... looser.....
^Look at every post this guy has ever made and see if you can find one thing positive.
(09-20-2020, 12:00 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
let the kids play ....

Bull Butter.
(09-20-2020, 02:05 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^Look at every post this guy has ever made and see if you can find one thing positive.
I went back and looked at a few ,but I felt like my IQ was dropping by the second so I stopped.... afraid if I kept reading I would end up at moms house ,in the basement, eating Cheetos ,counting chickens....what a  BERNIE .......
well since i work in a hospital I can tell you that the tests the positives are bullshit. I have been sick with upper respiratory since the 1st. I have had four nose swabs and all came back negative. I had a blood test and it came back positive. I had X-rays that came back with double pneumonia.

Also at UK 1 in 6 tests are coming back as false positives.

and the numbers that they are now show, from contact tracing, they are are showing as positive even when not tested. If your put in isolation they are putting those numbers as positive without testing, because you happened to be around someone that tested positive that may or may not actually be positive.

And before i get shit my wife works for the CDC and I tend to trust her more than i trust someone that just says something because the news makes it so
Thanks to whoever deleted that post. I got a text this morning that I had been punked. I need to log out whenever I leave my desk lol.
No offense to Mr. Clay although I respectfully and vehemently disagree with his views on this virus.
(09-20-2020, 11:56 AM)cadets1988 Wrote: [ -> ]well since i work in a hospital I can tell you that the tests the positives are bullshit.    I have been sick with upper respiratory since the 1st.  I have had four nose swabs and all came back negative.    I had a blood test and it came back positive.  I had X-rays that came back with double pneumonia.

Also at UK 1 in 6 tests are coming back as false positives. 

and the numbers that they are now show, from contact tracing, they are are showing as positive even when not tested.  If your put in isolation they are putting those numbers as positive without testing, because you happened to be around someone that tested positive that may or may not actually be positive. 

And before i get shit my wife works for the CDC and I tend to trust her more than i trust someone that just says something because the news makes it so
Preach!!!!!! But to some people facts mean nothing. Living in the basement makes people miserable.... you can’t fix stupidity....
here is the actual interactive map that I am using. Now for the 7 deaths in the last 48 hours 6 were in Butler Co and one in Shelby Co. You can manipulate this map to your using. Just click the drop down box. Because I what I do for a living I prefer to look at actual numbers. I do not pay attention to the news because the news puts out so much misinformation. Doesn't matter what side your on, the fact is that the news tells you what they want to tell you.

https://interactives.courier-journal.com.../cv19/map/
The death rate from the virus is low. Let’s say 1%. That is great until someone you know or are close to is a part of that 1%. While not fatal to the majority it is fatal nonetheless. I read these posts and it is disheartening that so many posters are showing no empathy or acknowledging the risks to other people. We are different people, we will have different views, that does not make me better than you or you better than me. A good debate is productive, but I read many posts that seem to try to silence anyone that has a different view of a particular subject. Disheartening, this is a great site and I look forward to reading posts normally, but it has gotten out of hand.
I wear a mask when I am in public out of respect for those who believe that they are effective. The truth is, if you spend significant time in the vicinity of somebody who has COVID-19, both of you wearing masks will not protect you. Maybe if somebody sneezes on your mask and you immediately replace it after washing your face with soap and water, a mask will prevent an infection, but how many times does somebody sneeze directly into your face?

Anybody who believes that masks will protect them from the virus should watch how easily smoke flows through or around them. Viruses are extremely small particles and only the best masks properly worn and maintained afford any appreciable protection.
(09-20-2020, 12:26 PM)JuicedMtnGoat Wrote: [ -> ]The death rate from the virus is low.  Let’s say 1%.  That is great until someone you know or are close to is a part of that 1%.  While not fatal to the majority it is fatal nonetheless.  I read these posts and it is disheartening that so many posters are showing no empathy or acknowledging the risks to other people.  We are different people, we will have different views, that does not make me better than you or you better than me.  A good debate is productive, but I read many posts that seem to try to silence anyone that has a different view of a particular subject.  Disheartening, this is a great site and I look forward to reading posts normally, but it has gotten out of hand.

This is correct.   If you listen to the CDC, and look at what the over all reports state in order to catch the virus from someone you must be in close proximity for more than 15 min.   Now why fifteen minutes and not 20 I don't know.   But since I work with and around some great doctors they tend to lean with the 15 min.

Death is a part of life.   We begin to die the moment that we are born.   That and taxes are the only things guaranteed in life.   

Due to my illness, i have compromised lungs.   I will find out this week if I am forced to take disability which i am fighting.   But the mask, for me, causes intense panick attacks which in turn restricts my breathing.    While I respect peoples rights I have the right to live as well and I will not live in my house because others are afraid to live.    

What is happening at UK right now is simple.   These are facts.  Underclassmen, sorority and fraternity will not be told no.   IF they don't feel well then they still are going out to dine in restaurants.    I know this again because my loved one works for the CDC and this is what these kids are telling her.   Others that test positive, and are supposed to go into isolation aren't.   They are blocking phone numbers so that the CDC and local tracers and wellness coordinators can't reach them.   They actually have parents calling in and saying you can't force my child into isolation, you don't have the authourity.   No wonder numbers go up - you can't tell them NO.
For the life of me I can’t understand why the snowflakes who choose to live in fear can’t just stay in their basements and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
(09-20-2020, 12:37 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: [ -> ]For the life of me I can’t understand why the snowflakes who choose to live in fear can’t just stay in their basements and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
I think it's a misery loves company thing. Not only do they want to stay locked down, they want everyone locked down.
my confusion to all of it is this, and only as it relates to sports.

1. If students athletes and coaches are being tested, which i thought they were is that not enough
2. Are they using the map for hot zones?
3. If your testing the student athletes and coaches regardless of the map then why can the kids not play.

If the kids test negative and if you live in a hot zone where the game is to be played then why not just say NO FANS in the stands at that field OR move the game to a alternate site.

I know woulda, coulda and shoulda but this is what is perplexing to me.

You asking the kids to do the right things but then penalizing them for doing them if you merely living by the map.
Yes the China virus is real .
Yes people are dying from it .
If you have a pre-existing condition self isolate.
If you don’t want lil Johnny bringing it home to his elderly grandmother isolate her ,or don’t let Johnny play .
Shutting down everything is not the answer. Protect the most vulnerable and move on . Or stay in the basement and be miserable . It’s really that simple.
(09-20-2020, 12:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2020, 12:37 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: [ -> ]For the life of me I can’t understand why the snowflakes who choose to live in fear can’t just stay in their basements and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
I think it's a misery loves company thing. Not only do they want to stay locked down, they want everyone locked down.
That's not universally true. I am strongly in favor of re-opening everything but I will face a fairly high risk if I catch the virus. 

We should be free and responsible for managing their own risk of infection. We should not be trying to dictate the behavior of those who will likely suffer mild to moderate symptoms if they become sick.

My mother is in the hospital fighting the virus and my brother told me that it was the most painful thing that he has ever experienced. I am not cowering under a table but I am being cautious. As we get older, all of us should be prepared to make some sacrifices so that our children and grandchildren can enjoy their lives as we have enjoyed our own.
Our sympathies to your family.

Saying that I have made all the sacrifices that I am prepared to make. I have been working in Public Safety in Ann Arbor Mi for 3 years. One of the hardest hit places in the country. I have recently began the process of returning home to my beloved home state of Kentucky. While people refused to go to work and while people have been afraid of there own shadows I got up every morning and went to the hospital to work 13.5 hours shifts 7 days a week. I have seen it, i have had it, and i have sacrificed. Im not doing it anymore. The good lord will take me when he sees fit. But I'm living my life.
(09-20-2020, 01:20 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
That's not universally true. I am strongly in favor of re-opening everything but I will face a fairly high risk if I catch the virus. 

We should be free and responsible for managing their own risk of infection. We should not be trying to dictate the behavior of those who will likely suffer mild to moderate symptoms if they become sick.

My mother is in the hospital fighting the virus and my brother told me that it was the most painful thing that he has ever experienced. I am not cowering under a table but I am being cautious. As we get older, all of us should be prepared to make some sacrifices so that our children and grandchildren can enjoy their lives as we have enjoyed our own.
Didn't mean to imply universally, I meant the people who are shaming others and/or virtue signalling. Of course people should take caution. I hope your mother is better very soon, please keep us posted Hoot.
I like wearing the masks because it makes it harder for people to recognize you. I was at the Grocery store this morning in Pikeville and saw 3 people I know... if I didnt have my mask on I would've been in there atleast a hour listening to stuff that I couldn't care less about...instead I was in and out in 15 minutes...I have no idea if they help with the Coronavirus but I'm gonna wear them for a long time.
(09-20-2020, 01:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2020, 01:20 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Didn't mean to imply universally, I meant the people who are shaming others and/or virtue signalling. Of course people should take caution. I hope your mother is better very soon, please keep us posted Hoot.
Thanks, JP. Even though I replied to your post, it was really directed at those who are trying to keep everything shut down and shaming people into wearing masks outside and fining them if they resist. In hindsight, the effort to combat COVID-19 should have been focused on isolating those at high risk (if they wanted to be isolated) and shutting nothing down.
(09-20-2020, 03:15 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I like wearing the masks because it makes it harder for people to recognize you.  I was at the Grocery store this morning in Pikeville and saw 3 people I know... if I didnt have my mask on I would've been in there atleast a hour listening to stuff that I couldn't care less about...instead I was in and out in 15 minutes...I have no idea if they help with the Coronavirus but I'm gonna wear them for a long time.
The masks have also been great for the rioters, looters, and arsonists working for BLM and Antifa. Armed robbers can now just get in line at any store or bank and just wait their turn before drawing their weapons.
Pages: 1 2 3