Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scared of the Right Thing For the Wrong Reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are awash these days in Global Warming hysteria. Trying to figure out how much money the nations have spent so far on the problem is no easy task. Suffice it to say it is in the Trillions and growing.

Man has come very nearly to the end of history. Globalism, the governmental acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle, and the coming together again of the nations, (after having been separated for so long by the confounding of their languages at the Tower of Babel) are all critical indicators of our arrival at the oft discussed but more often dismissed as being way off in the future, age of the Great Tribulation.

And take notice here that the verse I am posting is clearly taken from Tribulation times.
Revelation 16:8-9 (KJV)
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

When I was just a boy my Grandfather told me about the dog days of summer. That being the hottest summer months, July - September. I remember the summer droughts of dog days, and I remember playing outside and the grass being so dry and crackly it hurt to go without shoes. I also remember hail stones that fell that were as big as tennis balls and their appearance looked like flowers. There was 12 inches of snow on the ground one year on October 12th. And I remember one April in the late 70's in which it only rained one day. But the next April we had 20 inches of snow on the ground in mid month.

The irony in all of this is the weather cycles, always has. But following the great flood of the days of Noah, God promised never again to allow any sort of calamity to hurt the earth or destroy men or the earth's creatures, or to curse the ground. And certainly not global warming

AFTER THE FLOOD---
Genesis 8:21-22 (KJV)
21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

But there is the day of judgment coming when as quoted above, men's worst global warming fears will become reality, and they will be scorched with a great heat. In fact much of the earth is incinerated in those days and still, men will curse and blaspheme God and refuse to repent. In sort of an ultimate irony there is to be a great heat coming with the 4th vial judgment during the Great Tribulation. But it comes via judgment, not man's carbon footprint.

God gave man all he needed to excel on this planet and incredibly man is about to cut off his nose to spite his face in rejecting the Lord's generous provision. But that's part of what happens when men reject so great a salvation by not accepting the Lord Jesus as Savior.

Romans 1:21-22 (KJV)
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

The heat is coming but the way to beat it is not by trying to control the weather, but by bowing before the Living God of this universe.
I apologize for not seeing that my Scripture quotes above were not readable, for whatever reason they didn't copy correctly. They are readable as corrected below.

Genesis 8:21-22
21The LORD smelled the soothing aroma; and the LORD said to Himself, “I will never again curse the ground on account of man, for the intent of man’s heart is evil from his youth; and I will never again destroy every living thing, as I have done.

22“While the earth remains,
        Seedtime and harvest,
        And cold and heat,
        And summer and winter,
        And day and night
        Shall not cease.”

^^ As one can readily see the seasons (climate) of this world will continue on without exception. And, The Lord will not destroy the earth again for man's sake. And since He is Creator and Master of this universe, we may rest assured that He will not allow the weather or any other natural phenomenon the workings of which He is intimately involved, to destroy the Earth... such as global warming for example.

Romans 1: 21-22
21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Saying that does not preclude the scorching heat coming by way of judgment however.