Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hoskins leaves Perry for leslie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I told everyone last year that if perry made the hire they did that Hoskins would leave and she did. Nice hire superintendent Jett
Has other girls left, I heard Leslie had 2 transfer from Perry. And another leaving for Hazard or a school in Lex.
Leslie was already one of the picks to win the 14th. Hoskins should put them at #1. Larry does a great job and I expect the same this year. GO EAGLES !!!!
Until someone beats KCC and LCC, they are the favorites.
JustThinking Wrote:Leslie was already one of the picks to win the 14th. Hoskins should put them at #1. Larry does a great job and I expect the same this year. GO EAGLES !!!!

This will for sure help them but move them to 1 don’t think so. You have essentially 3 teams that were all in semis last year that didn’t lose anything. Leslie got throttled in opening round of tournament and that was with Myers. If you think the addition of Hoskins will make them head and shoulders better you’re in for a disappointment. It would take 2 Hoskins to fill the shoes of Myers with her leadership and experience. Leslie will be good but not #1 contenders for title
I will respectfully disagree. Leslie will be a contender, and better than most people think. They will be a much better defensive team, Meyers was good but not great. She took a lot of shots. Those sophomores are better than most people think. They led the region and state in rebounding last year. They will be a much different team this year.
Tenth in scoring, 2nd in rebounding on KHSAA stats listings
Knott and Letcher will be the top two going into the season.
Leslie lost the top player in the region. They could be there though. The region isn't that strong overall.
HCS Wrote:Knott and Letcher will be the top two going into the season.
Leslie lost the top player in the region. They could be there though. The region isn't that strong overall.

Probably the weakest region in the state but someone has to win it and earn a trip to Rupp. I sure hope it’s Owsley County this year. They have their entire team back from their semifinal appearance last season. Closest the Lady Owls have ever been was a runner-up in 1988.
I think Owsley will come in third in the preseason, but they probably have their best shot to win it this season.
Owsley will have a good a shot as any team this coming season. They have the best shooter in the region in Smith. And the best player in the region in Lynch. A very solid point guard in Herald. Murray will hold her own on the boards.
Their questions will be the 5th spot, their bench and their coaching IMO.
You can’t let the other team dictate the style you wanna play.
But as far as pure talent, Owsley is as good or better than anyone in the region.
I was wondering about all the talk about RW kids. Didnt West Perry win the Perry County Tournament Hoskins 8th grade year at RW? Why no talk about the West Perry girls on here? I heard West beat a team full of hold back 8th graders at RW. Just what I heard.
You are right Duke, West won the championship game with 13 year old kids. Rob Neace was the best grade school coach in the county hands down and has been for a long time. Dont think West had 1 holdback on the team. RW had several.
WHEN IS OUR GREAT KHSAA SUPERINTENDENT JULIAN TACKETT GONNA PUT A STOP TO ALL OF THESE TRANSFERS. GUESS HE IS AFRAID OF A LAWSUIT AND THAT WOULD TAKE GOOD OFF HIS TABLE AND HE CANT HAVE THAT?