Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's Going To Win The Heisman?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who do u all have down for winnin the heisman. i kinda think brian brohm might win it. if he plays to his potential, its a lock for him.
McFadden. Even if Brohm plays to his potential it's not a lock. Louisville needs to run the table.
idk if a runnin back will win it. the only reason reggie bush won it was because he did everything. if a runnin bacl wins it, it will probly be steve slaton.
I hate to say this because I am an East Coast guy, but if USC runs the table (which is not an unlikely thing) I think John David Booty could very well win the Heisman. One main reason is, IF they do win out, he will have been the key ingredient in their success. It all starts with the QB, and USC could very well have an undefeated season, as well as their 4th Heisman Winner in the past 6 years (3 of those 4 being QBs should Booty win).
IMO, its between Colt Breenan and Darren McFadden. If they both have the same years they had last, than it could goto either one of them.
Booty from USC will be a big threat to win it.
IMO, Steve Slaton will win it, tough agressive and quick and agile back.
My vote is with McFadden.
Brennan is going to have to put up the same numbers he did last year (if not better) to even get some votes because he plays for a team like Hawaii. If Hawaii runs the table and ends up playing in a BCS bowl, then perhaps he could be a major contender for the award, but I just don't think playing in Hawaii, he'll get a lot of looks, especially when all of his games are played at 10pm, 11pm, and 12am here on the mainland. lol
I agree that a RB will win it, I'm just torn between McFadden and Slaton. I guess I'll go with Slaton since he will be playing against inferior competition in the Big Least (and putting up better numbers) than what D-Mac will see in the SEC.
i would like to see Mcfadden win but Slaton or Booty will probaly win playing in such weak ass conferances the Pac -10 is a joke.
Slaton hands down... The best RB in the country this year with McFadden in a close second behind him.
I think too much goes into a TEAM's schedule, or a TEAM's conference. This award is about the country's best PLAYER. I hate to say this, but neither McFadden nor Slaton will win Heisman, simply because of the reason previously mentioned. These two, as said by you all, are the best 2 players in the country, by far. But for either one of these 2 to even be considered, their respective teams would either have to go undefeated or they would have to put up some unbelievable numbers. Because of the way the system is set up, I'm picking Booty to win it. USC is in a weak conference, and they will (unless some unGodly act takes place) go undefeated. I don't like. I don't think it's fair. But he's my pick, and I thank the system for it.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I think too much goes into a TEAM's schedule, or a TEAM's conference. This award is about the country's best PLAYER. I hate to say this, but neither McFadden nor Slaton will win Heisman, simply because of the reason previously mentioned. These two, as said by you all, are the best 2 players in the country, by far. But for either one of these 2 to even be considered, their respective teams would either have to go undefeated or they would have to put up some unbelievable numbers. Because of the way the system is set up, I'm picking Booty to win it. USC is in a weak conference, and they will (unless some unGodly act takes place) go undefeated. I don't like. I don't think it's fair. But he's my pick, and I thank the system for it.

I can't see Booty winning the Heisman. He just has not impressed me at all when I've watched USC play.
More Cowbell Wrote:I can't see Booty winning the Heisman. He just has not impressed me at all when I've watched USC play.
I couldnt see Matt Leinart winning it in '04 either but he did. Although the Heisman voting is supposed to be "equaly" distributed around the country that either the Pac-10, the Big 10, The ACC or the Big 12 gets alot of the votes. The SEC has long been regarded as the best college football conference in the country but has only produced all of 3 heisman winners since 1980(Hershel Walker, Bo Jackson, Danny Wuerffel). Thats pretty obvious that theres a alot of anti sec sentiment amongst Heisman voters.
If McFadden does anything this year close to what he did last year he will be the runaway winner. If not look for Slaton and Brohm to fight it out.
More Cowbell Wrote:I can't see Booty winning the Heisman. He just has not impressed me at all when I've watched USC play.
I agree, MC. And I'm not saying this to be a smartass in any way, but you're not one of the Heisman voters. You're not one he's needing to impress. I don't think he's Heisman caliber either. But you and I aren't 2 of the Heisman voters are we?
Don't forget Woodson, he probably won't win because he is from UK, but if he played for USC, Notre Dame, or one of the big SEC schools, he would probably be 1st or 2nd in the vote. By the way John David Booty couldn't carry Woodson's, Brohm's or even Brennan's jockstrap.
i would have to say mcfadden is my winner
kentucky is on the rise to become a big football school is the sec
My vote would go to McFadden only because he will play a tougher schedule than the rest. Like some others on here have said, if he puts up numbers like last year or goes above them, then he should win it. Slaton plays against weak competition, as well as Booty and Brohm and Brennan. So its easy for those guys to put up big numbers. Unfortunately my vote doesnt count and the heisman will most likely go to Booty because USC somehow gets everything to go their way, why not the Heisman again.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:My vote would go to McFadden only because he will play a tougher schedule than the rest. Like some others on here have said, if he puts up numbers like last year or goes above them, then he should win it. Slaton plays against weak competition, as well as Booty and Brohm and Brennan. So its easy for those guys to put up big numbers. Unfortunately my vote doesnt count and the heisman will most likely go to Booty because USC somehow gets everything to go their way, why not the Heisman again.

That is the very reason why I think it will be Slaton. Have you see West Virginia's schedule this year? What a joke, UK would win 9-10 games against that sorry bunch. He will put up some ridiculous numbers, the team will finish with 11-12 wins, and the Heisman voters will be impressed enough to give it to him. However, I think if it was given to the best player, McFadden should get it.
bluegrassballa Wrote:idk if a runnin back will win it. the only reason reggie bush won it was because he did everything. if a runnin bacl wins it, it will probly be steve slaton.

Slaton will never win it with White and Schmidt there. Colt Brennan, but Hawaii schedule is terrible. Brohm and Woodson both have good chances, as well as McFadden.
IMO Mccfadden wont win it. Hes a great back but with Mitch Mustain and the OC from last year now gone. Defenses will be keying on him and him alone. His other backfeild mate will rush for more yards IMO. I look for Mcfadden to have a great year but not as good as last year. IMO Slaton or Brohm will win the Heisman.
More Cowbell Wrote:That is the very reason why I think it will be Slaton. Have you see West Virginia's schedule this year? What a joke, UK would win 9-10 games against that sorry bunch. He will put up some ridiculous numbers, the team will finish with 11-12 wins, and the Heisman voters will be impressed enough to give it to him. However, I think if it was given to the best player, McFadden should get it.

i totally agree with ya on mcfadden being the best player, with slaton a CLOSE second. if it not a RB that wins this year, with Rice and Hart in there also, i would be surprised. but i only see UK winning about 6 games against WVU's schedule.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:i totally agree with ya on mcfadden being the best player, with slaton a CLOSE second. if it not a RB that wins this year, with Rice and Hart in there also, i would be surprised. but i only see UK winning about 6 games against WVU's schedule.

I will have to disagree with you on that, you are giving UK very little credit. I'm not sure if you have seen WVU's schedule, so here it is:

- West. Michigan
- at Marshall
- at Maryland
- East Carolina
- at South Fla.
- at Syracuse
- Miss. St.
- at Rutgers
- Louisville
- at Cincinnati
- UConn
- Pittsburgh

I see 7 probable wins there, with UK also having a good chance to knock off Pitt, South Fla., and Maryland. Rutgers and Louisville are the only ranked teams on there. This cupcake schedule doesn't even begin to compare to UK's this year.

Which, getting back on topic, is why I see Slaton putting up huge numbers and winning the Heisman.
I laugh at WVU's schedule comparing it to UK's.
blackcat Wrote:I laugh at WVU's schedule comparing it to UK's.

I agree, it is a joke. A team in a conference like the Big Least needs to go out and schedule some better competition in the non-conference. Instead, they have Maryland as the only challenging opponent, along with 4 lesser teams. Weak!