Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Andre Woodson All-American?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ESPN has named Andre Woodson their preseason All-American QB. Is anyone else surprised by this? Where does he rank with other QB's of All-American caliber?

How about that, Woodson finally put ahead of Brian Brohm? Smile
I love it, now if he goes out and performs like one.
Yeah I was totally surprised and ecstatic when I got on ESPN.com this morning and saw were he was a pre-season All-American. I agree with Puff he now has to go out there and perform like an All-American QB.
Great news lets just hope that there is not a let down
great news for the cats and woodson...now go out there and show whos boss
I am extremely happy to hear this! I hope that this year he gets the respect he actually deserves. I am so excited for that EKU game to get here.
Very cool, and I agree it's nice to see him rated above Brian Brohm for a change. Let's hope he goes out and forces the Heisman voters to give him some love.
The All-American team doesn't focus as much on team success, so if he puts up the numbers he defintely has a shot at one of the teams...
FreakNasty Wrote:The All-American team doesn't focus as much on team success, so if he puts up the numbers he defintely has a shot at one of the teams...

If that's the case, then to me the All-America team has more credibility than the Heisman. These are supposed to be awards in recognition of great players, not great teams. One man can't win the games by himself, the other guys on the field have to perform too. You shouldn't penalize a great player for being on a mediocre team.
More Cowbell Wrote:If that's the case, then to me the All-America team has more credibility than the Heisman. These are supposed to be awards in recognition of great players, not great teams. One man can't win the games by himself, the other guys on the field have to perform too. You shouldn't penalize a great player for being on a mediocre team.

I can't say I disagree with you.... the Heisman voters think differently than the rest of the college football following at times...
If only it was a perfect football world where the Heismen would be judged by straight talent and bowls games would be formed into a playoff. Oh but I can dream!
I was TOTALLY SHOCKED AT THIS!!!!
Andre deserves this and congrats to him. Louisville and the rest of SEC can choke on that.
Batpuff Wrote:I love it, now if he goes out and performs like one.
Very suprised here, but like Bat said hope he performs like one.
I love it, Woodson chosen over Brohm !!!!!

ha ha ha
I think Andre might the most accurate QB Ive ever seen. All he needs to do is improve his mobility and his mechanics will be nearly flawless. If UK can string together a good season. Andre will be at the Downtown Athletic Club in december. Not saying he'll win the heisman but he will be a finalist if UK does good.
I hope Woodson absolutely owns Brian Brohm in the Cats' game with Louisville. Getting the better of him in a head-to-head matchup will do wonders for Woodson's national profile.
I think it is incredible that only after a couple years of starting he has created this buzz around the UK football program. Keep it up this year and he could go down as a UK football "legend".
it is about time to unleash the beast and looks like it is going to be EKU coming to the slaughter first.
rallo316 Wrote:it is about time to unleash the beast and looks like it is going to be EKU coming to the slaughter first.

Hopefully I will be there to witness it! LOL> We are about to see one of the more exciting seasons in UK football history.
Andre should really be able to rack up some big numbers against EKU, Kent State, and later against Fla Atlantic. Those will be important games to pad his stats if he has any hopes of winning end-of-season awards like All-America.
More Cowbell Wrote:Andre should really be able to rack up some big numbers against EKU, Kent State, and later against Fla Atlantic. Those will be important games to pad his stats if he has any hopes of winning end-of-season awards like All-America.

How many attempts are you going to say he will have on those days? I will say around 40. Anyways, you are right those will be the games to pad his stats.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:How many attempts are you going to say he will have on those days? I will say around 40. Anyways, you are right those will be the games to pad his stats.

He may not have a lot of attempts if UK gets out to a big lead. I don't see Rich Brooks as the type to leave Woodson in with a 35 point lead in the second half, just to pad his stats. It also wouldn't be real smart anyway, considering he could get injured playing when he's not needed.

Still, he will likely pile up some big stats before they take him out, anyway.
More Cowbell Wrote:He may not have a lot of attempts if UK gets out to a big lead. I don't see Rich Brooks as the type to leave Woodson in with a 35 point lead in the second half, just to pad his stats. It also wouldn't be real smart anyway, considering he could get injured playing when he's not needed.

Still, he will likely pile up some big stats before they take him out, anyway.

True. I still think that he will probably get to 25 or 30 attempts before it gets out of hand (which is a good thing).
Great news for AW. Lets hope his OL holds up and gives him a chance to be an All American after the season.
I can not wait for the season to start. T-minus 10 days and counting.
rallo316 Wrote:Andre deserves this and congrats to him. Louisville and the rest of SEC can choke on that.

word!!
andre' woodson is the best quaterback in the country that no one talks about. If he played at florida or lsu he would be the front runner for the heisman. UK is the most under rated team in the country by far! if he would have had the defense that matt leinart had he would won the heisman. ANDRE' WOODSON WILL OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR IN THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!
magoffin#10 Wrote:andre' woodson is the best quaterback in the country that no one talks about. If he played at florida or lsu he would be the front runner for the heisman. UK is the most under rated team in the country by far! if he would have had the defense that matt leinart had he would won the heisman. ANDRE' WOODSON WILL OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR IN THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!

He is technically an underdog story for the Heismen but hey as others on here have pointed out, the team has to be on par with the QB for him to recieve the Heismen. I just hope that he can live up to the hype that he is getting this preseason. I am sure he will deliever!