Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Coll Beats #3 Georgetown--In the Mid South Finals!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville Coll Beats #3 Georgetown--In the Mid South Finals!
Pikeville senior guard Daniel Price hit a baseline jumper with 4.1 seconds left in the game to lift the fourth-seeded Pikeville College over top-seeded Georgetown College 72-70 on Friday night in the semifinals of 2005 Mid-South Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament at the Frankfort Civic Center.

The Bears ( 24-8 ) advance to the Saturday’s MSC Tournament Championship and will face second-seeded Lindsey Wilson College at 4 p.m. ET at the Civic Center.

The win puts Pikeville in the championship game of the tournament for the third time since joining the league five years ago. In both other appearances, coming in 2001 and 2003, Randy McCoy’s club walked away with the titles – ironically enough, both came over Georgetown.

For 24-5 Georgetown, the nation’s third-ranked club, it is the first time since the Mid-South Conference was formed that they won’t play in the tournament’s championship game.
This marks the second time Pikeville has played in the tournament in Frankfort, and the state capital suits the Bears just fine – dating back to their 2001 title, they are 5-0 in the Civic Center.

Price, who finished with a game-high 23 points on 7-of-9 shooting from the field, scored the game’s final six points.

Pikeville returns to action at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday as they take on second-seeded Lindsey Wilson College, ranked fourth in the final NAIA Div. I poll, in the tournament championship game.
What a win for PC. I would like to see them make it as far as they did in 2001. I think it was like the Final Four or something like that.
Congratulations to the Bears.

Now bring home the title.
They fell to Lindesy Wilson in the finals. Tough break for the Bears. I wonder if they'll get a tournament bid. If there are not many upsets they'll get a bid. I'd like to see them do some damage, in which they are very capable of doing so.
Congrats to Pikeville on their win over Georgetown!!
No tournament bid for the Bears. The three schools representing the Mid-South are; Cumberland College (KY), Georgetown College, and Lindsey Wilson.