Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All Stars...Sink or Swim?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*How do you think an all star squad would do in Pikeville? Like a serious competitive squad. I want honest opinions.

Do you think there would be a lot of interested cheerleaders?

Would the gym be a hit or would it just flop?

Would you try it out if there was one in Pikeville?

What do you think would be a cool name and cool colors?
anybody?
I havent seen much of Pikeville's cheerleading sqaud, however I've heard many compliments. I previously cheered 9 years on an allstar squad and in my point of view, if you have the right coach with dedicated & hard working cheerleaders who give 110% every practice, every competition then you should have what it takes to build the foundation of an allstar squad. I think you should give it a try...it couldnt hurt anything.
good luck!!!:Thumbs:
Thanks !
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:*How do you think an all star squad would do in Pikeville? Like a serious competitive squad. I want honest opinions.

Do you think there would be a lot of interested cheerleaders?

Would the gym be a hit or would it just flop?

Would you try it out if there was one in Pikeville?

What do you think would be a cool name and cool colors?
What might work is getting in contact with the East Ky Miners, they need cheerleaders. They would fund uniforms and things like that. I know they are having a dance team so I'm sure they are having a cheer squad, I'm a guy so I dont know much about all of it but I would think it would be something to check into.
I think the "Diamond Girls" is the cheer squad. But I'm probably wrond. Anyhow, that would be a great opportunity. Unforunately, my schedule isn't flexible enough to be a part of that.

What about an All Star gym in Pike County? Does ANYONE think it would work?
I think an All-Star gym would be great in Pikeville if you got the word out to the right people in the region! I know I would def. try for it!
The diamond girls are a dance team but will be performing cheerleading duties. They are more like a dance team that you will see at a pro sporting events. They will not be leading cheers but will get the crowd involved in other ways like throwing t-shirts into the crowd and performing short sideline dance routines during time outs and in between quaters. They will also be doing promotional events at festivals etc. My cousin is coaching the team. Tryouts are this coming weekend at dance etc. in pburg. You have to be 18 or older so if anyone is interested let me know and I can get you her info.
First, you would have to have the right person(s) coaching. Not just anybody could do that.
it would have to be someone that not only knows their stuff, but is able and proven, and have the time to dedicate to it.
Somebody's Mommy that knows a little or even a lot just isn't enuff to cut it. It also takes a ton of money.
I know someone that would love to do this, but has just not taken the big jump.
Her daughter just graduated and so, maybe she could do it now.
I know that she is very qualified, knows the right people and knows how to get it across to the squad. She is as organized as it comes, and now has the time for it. She would need help, access to a gym, and dedicated members. She doesn't take squat off of anyone.
She is very sought after when High school squads are gearing up for competitions, and every squad she has ever worked with has won! Think about 15th region squads who were non-factors in the past but have seemed to have done complete turnarounds in the past couple of years......then you get a little feel of what she has done, and think what she could do with her very own squad!
It'd be great if you'd mention it to her! I'd love to get involved in an All*Star Gym! That's why I'm going to try to major in Buisness and stuff. Let me know her opinion. Anyone else have opinions about a gym?
this is a great idea and would be great for cheerleaders in the community. I would say Momma Rowe and Daddy Rowe could provide the team with a gym to train in every now and then. With cheerleading squads such as Pikeville, Belfry and others in the area i think the team would be very succesful. You have girls who can tumble with the best around, many non-coed programs are now looking at doing basket tosses. Pikevilles young girls are some of the best flyers I have ever seen. So the answer is yes it would work. You just need the funding, a coach and support for the community.
I agree. I would be interested in coaching, and I know I would need money out the wah-zoo to do that. But I guess that's why you get sponsers and small business loans and stuff like that. Thanks for the input! I'd love to hear more.
i think an allstar team in pikeville would be great, i would deffinitly tryout.
I'd love to get one started, but there would need to be interest. And I think most people here are already involved with other cheer programs.
The Guru Wrote:First, you would have to have the right person(s) coaching. Not just anybody could do that.
it would have to be someone that not only knows their stuff, but is able and proven, and have the time to dedicate to it.
Somebody's Mommy that knows a little or even a lot just isn't enuff to cut it. It also takes a ton of money.
I know that she is very qualified, knows the right people and knows how to get it across to the squad. She is as organized as it comes, and now has the time for it. She would need help, access to a gym, and dedicated members. She doesn't take squat off of anyone.
She is very sought after when High school squads are gearing up for competitions, and every squad she has ever worked with has won! Think about 15th region squads who were non-factors in the past but have seemed to have done complete turnarounds in the past couple of years......then you get a little feel of what she has done, and think what she could do with her very own squad!

Where is this person....there are several people I have heard in Johnson, Floyd, and Knott Counties opening up All-Star squads......:confused:
All-Star programs are great ,,,but they take away from High School cheerleading programs!! Also I know of (4) different areas that have started up new programs ....Knott County Sportsplex(Henry Young).....Paintsville Rec (Amanda Ratliff & Tiffany Vanhoose)Center......Martin County(don't know where they are practicing at?).....and I heard Matt and Donna Wiliams from KPT were starting a new All-Star program!!

Theres alot of programs starting maybe you need to help with one of those!
The Guru Wrote:First, you would have to have the right person(s) coaching. Not just anybody could do that.

I know who you are talking about. But she may have two many hands in the 15th Region pool..to where it will come back and bite her??? but she is knowledgeable of the sport!! Anyways there is a new All-Star squad at KPT...should be fun!!!My little girl is going to cheer for it..and alot of others I know..I think they are doing the two youngest age divisions and going level 2 & 3!!!!
Confusedmallchee
Do you think they'd have an open team?