Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ESPN's Colin Cowherd Says UK will...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning, ESPN's Colin Cowherd picked 6 "bank-on-it" upsets for the upcoming college football season - one of those picks was UK upsetting Florida at Commonwealth Stadium...:notworthy

Love "The Herd" on ESPN radio...The best sports radio show on the mother network. I was shocked to say the least. But he made interesting points - Florida returns nobody on defense from last year, they would be coming off emotional games with Auburn and at LSU, UK's offense is underrated nationally with Andre Woodson and Rich Brooks is a defensive minded coach that should have a gameplan for Tebow and Florida...
WOW was not expect that game to be picked as an upset
I know this, the Cats will have Gator meat that weekend and if Tebow lowers that head, Woodyard and David Jones will plant him.
Thats what I like to hear.
Florida will be OVERRATED this season, and it shows with their #3 pre-season ranking. They only return 2 starters on defense and they have an unproven QB in Tebow. Sure, Tebow can run the ball, but that's all he did last year. When he came in the game, everyone knew what Florida was going to do. Can he lead the Gator offense for an entire 60 minutes? Can he throw the ball as effectively as he can run? He'll have 6 games to show the college football world what he can do before they come into Commonwealth, so we'll see. But this is one game I was actually expecting UK to win. It'll be an exciting one that's for sure. I say UK ends the winless streak against Florida AND Tennessee this season.
I thinkwe have a shot at pulling off and upset against the Gators or the Vols, and by golly I will be there for both games ready to carry out the goal post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cownerd couldn't pick a ripe apple after it's peeled.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I thinkwe have a shot at pulling off and upset against the Gators or the Vols, and by golly I will be there for both games ready to carry out the goal post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This season can go either way you know! A couple upsets then we may be looking at 8-4 or 9-3. Lose to the teams we should then 6-6. A very exciting season is heading our way.
Florida lost alot to graduation and the draft. So I see UK with a better than average shot to beat Florida. That goes the same for everyone else in the SEC. If they play their cards right they could have a really successful season.
bigpun Wrote:Florida lost alot to graduation and the draft. So I see UK with a better than average shot to beat Florida. That goes the same for everyone else in the SEC. If they play their cards right they could have a really successful season.

Yep It will be a season where everything can go right (and we have on eof the best seasons in UK football history) or everything can go wrong (and we miss a bowl game again.
rallo316 Wrote:I know this, the Cats will have Gator meat that weekend and if Tebow lowers that head, Woodyard and David Jones will plant him.

I would love to see that!!!

Go David Jones, Pike County is pulling for you!
rallo316 Wrote:I know this, the Cats will have Gator meat that weekend and if Tebow lowers that head, Woodyard and David Jones will plant him.

Dude Woodyard will probably have some kind of a armcast on that may give a little extra UMPH! to a hit! I don't know what kind of thin case it will be but I am sure it would hurt more lol.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Dude Woodyard will probably have some kind of a armcast on that may give a little extra UMPH! to a hit! I don't know what kind of thin case it will be but I am sure it would hurt more lol.

Wishful thinking, but Woodyard should have the cast off by the time the Cats play Florida on Oct 20. I think he may have it on for the first couple games though.
More Cowbell Wrote:Wishful thinking, but Woodyard should have the cast off by the time the Cats play Florida on Oct 20. I think he may have it on for the first couple games though.

LOL I guess it was wishful thinking...But those first couple of teams better watch out.
More Cowbell Wrote:I would love to see that!!!

Go David Jones, Pike County is pulling for you!

Jones plays offense now dont he
Grand Slam Wrote:Jones plays offense now dont he
He played some wide receiver last season, but this spring it was announced he would be moving back to defensive back.
well thats great i thought it was a bad move for him to go to wr anyway
Jones is supposed to be in the mix to start at CB for the Cats, opposite Trevard Lindley. This is a better opportunity for him, as he was stuck behind Burton and Lyons at WR.

I hope he wins the starting spot!
I read that he ran a 4.2 last week! That was tied for first on the team.