Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2019 16th Region Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The field is set Ashland,Boyd County,Russell,Greenup County,Rowan County, Fleming County, West Carter, East Carter.
Russell appears to have a good shot at taking the region this year. Am I correct to say their last appearance was 2012? Should they make it out of the 16th, they may have a shot at a first round win. Looks like they would be playing a 13th team.
Creeker Wrote:Russell appears to have a good shot at taking the region this year. Am I correct to say their last appearance was 2012? Should they make it out of the 16th, they may have a shot at a first round win. Looks like they would be playing a 13th team.
The last Region Championship was in 12. Russell actually leads the 16th in region titles since they started it.

Here are the region Champions by year.

Russell 6- 04,05,06,07,08,12
Raceland 4- 13,14,15,16
Rowan County 2- 17,18
Boyd County 1- 03
Ashland-3 09,10,11

Russell has a good chance but if they don't bring it they could get upset. If they would happen to win it will have been earned.

In Volleyball winning your region is like winning state because no one is getting past Assumption.

Russell was defeated last year by Rowan County in the region tournament.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:In Volleyball winning your region is like winning state because no one is getting past Assumption.

Sadly, the truth is, it don't even have to be Assumption. Last year Paintsville, out of the 15th, played Southwestern and got beat 3-0, Rowan, out of the 16th, got beat by Greenwood 3-0 and Letcher Central, out of the 14th, got beat by Henderson County 3-0...

Year before that Paintsville played Mercy first round. Rowan played Paul Laurence Dunbar and Letcher Central played South Warren... 3-0 in each of those as well.

This year may be the best shot for a team out of the 16th though. Region 13 is better than what the 14th or 15th will be playing against in a region 7 or region 8 team.
Creeker Wrote:Sadly, the truth is, it don't even have to be Assumption. Last year Paintsville, out of the 15th, played Southwestern and got beat 3-0, Rowan, out of the 16th, got beat by Greenwood 3-0 and Letcher Central, out of the 14th, got beat by Henderson County 3-0...

Year before that Paintsville played Mercy first round. Rowan played Paul Laurence Dunbar and Letcher Central played South Warren... 3-0 in each of those as well.

This year may be the best shot for a team out of the 16th though. Region 13 is better than what the 14th or 15th will be playing against in a region 7 or region 8 team.

I'm just saying that in the end most likely no one besides assumption will have the state Championship. So for 15 other teams winning a region means A lot and it's like winning state. Assumption wins state about every year.
Russell had a great season at 30-3 and undefeated in the Region at 21-0. The last 5 or 6 games were impressive for Russell beating Boyd County, Rowan County, and West Carter. Those 3 teams are 2nd through 4th in the Region and Russell was impressive in those 3 games. The 16th Region will be hosted by Rowan County and they have an outstanding team at 27-9 and playing at home during the region is a huge advantage.
Looks like Russell/Rowan one won't make it to the championship game this year for sure:

Oct 28 at Rowan County

6:00 PM
West Carter vs Greenup
7:30 PM
Boyd County vs Fleming County

Oct 29 at Rowan County

6:00 PM
Russell vs Ashland
7:30 PM
Rowan County vs East Carter
Night 1

West Carter 3 Greenup County 0- 25-9, 25-19,25-13

Boyd County 3 Fleming County 0- 25-17, 25-16, 25-17
Night 2

Russell 3 Ashland 0- 25-18, 25-11, 25-11

Rowan County 3 East Carter 0- 25-8, 25-17, 25-19
Night 3 Semi-Finals

Boyd County 3 West Carter 1- 18-25, 25-22, 25-19, 25-18

Rowan County 3 Russell 2- 25-19, 25-23, 14-25, 9-25, 15-13
Well... I guess I was off on this one. I thought Russell was headed to State this year.