Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 56th District.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The 56th district is a tough district we all know...especially in basketball.Big Grin But there are more things that go on at districts than "just" the basketball game. There are the band & the cheerleaders. Last year was the first year they had an "in game competition" for the cheerleaders between Lee, Owsley, Estill, & Powell. What are your opinions for the competition this comming season?
Estill's band has that crazy good train whistle
thing...and though Estill's cheerleaders are very
good, I didn't really get the whole hillbilly
motif that they wore. Seemed a strange choice
to me...but, that's just me...
hillbilly?? what are you talking about. I think they wore basketball jerseys....:mad:
Yes...you're right...they did wear jerseys...sorry...
it was some of Powell's fans who donned the hillbilly
gear and, I think, poked fun at Estill...now that
I remember correctly, the jerseys were pretty cool...
didn't some of the cheerleaders, though, wear their
hair in pig tails or something a little hillbillyish?
It's just something they do to try to promote school spirit!!! I think the kid from Powell must have not had time to go home and change after he left school he he
haha. thats funny cheer4blue.
yeah echs pep band is awesome when it comes to the district games.
between them & the cheerleaders, everyone cant help but get fired up.
& yes during districts [[not the night of the competition]] the cheerleaders wore basketball jersey's & had crazy hair...[[just as long it was out of their faces]]
ec cheerleaders have done that for a while now & its just a school spirit thing. everyone enjoys it & has fun with it..
i personally love it Big Grin
yeah i agree when it comes to estill's band they have a pretty good train whistle, but powell's band has went to state and placed pretty well two years in a row. I don't like the whole cheerleaders wearing the basketball jerseys but that is my opinion. I loved it when powell's cheerleaders formed a train and fell while yelling train wreck. now that was creative. the hillbilly boy from powell county was just to have a little fun at the game. the kid who did it was real brave. both school are really good and i can't wait to see what they bring during the 07-08 school year.
It will be very competitive between both teams!
And, after Estill's women beat Powell in the district final, the kid dressed as a pirate getting "stomped" until "dead" at midcourt was pretty funny.
yeah.
that little boy was so excited about that! He was adorable!
haha.
cheerforblue Wrote:It's just something they do to try to promote school spirit!!! I think the kid from Powell must have not had time to go home and change after he left school he he

Oh no he changed. He just wanted to look like some Estill County folks. Lol...Joking.
#1 Cheerleader Wrote:yeah i agree when it comes to estill's band they have a pretty good train whistle, but powell's band has went to state and placed pretty well two years in a row. I don't like the whole cheerleaders wearing the basketball jerseys but that is my opinion. I loved it when powell's cheerleaders formed a train and fell while yelling train wreck. now that was creative. the hillbilly boy from powell county was just to have a little fun at the game. the kid who did it was real brave. both school are really good and i can't wait to see what they bring during the 07-08 school year.

Powell's band is pretty good and the cheerleader thing was pretty creative!! And funny!!!
Everyone takes stuff like the guy from Powell that dressed like that so Offensive....Can no one have fun in basketball because I could have swore it was just a game!!!
Estill's pep band is by far the best in the district, if not the region. They have a great game attitude and " bring it" every time they play.

The cheerleaders do have fun at the games and do what they can to add spirit to the games. The Train thing that PC did last year was creative and pretty funny, but not something a cheerleading team should have done. It would have been fine from a student section or something like that, but from a cheer team, well it was just wrong. Anyway...good luck this year to all involved in the tournament. :Clap: Wink
pompommom Wrote:Estill's pep band is by far the best in the district, if not the region. They have a great game attitude and " bring it" every time they play.

The cheerleaders do have fun at the games and do what they can to add spirit to the games. The Train thing that PC did last year was creative and pretty funny, but not something a cheerleading team should have done. It would have been fine from a student section or something like that, but from a cheer team, well it was just wrong. Anyway...good luck this year to all involved in the tournament. :Clap: Wink

i agree. i think cheerleaders should stick to cheering on the their team, not poking fun at the other school's mascot. --thats for the student section, haha.
I swear, if estill cheerleaders started doing the "crabby patty" cheer along with their students, i dont think they would ever hear the end of it from their coach.
Powell cheerleaders did get in ALOT of trouble from their coach....But it was pretty funny LOL!!!! I think I am going to disagree on the pep band though!!! Powells pep band is AWESOME!!! They have so many different songs they play and they are always playing when the girls ain't cheering and even if the girls are cheering they have the respect enough to wait untill the girls are done to start playing....

Why does Estill's section call powell county ppl "crabby pattys"?????? Just curious because Pirates have nothing to do with crabs!!
ah just a rumor im guessing. You know how things like that go.
Estill's rumor is for being insest. You know how things like that get started.

and then maybe crabby patty...yeah crabs but spongbob..doesnt like mr. crabs' hamburgers called crabby patties? ....haha idk, Im trying.
loves2cheer Wrote:i agree. i think cheerleaders should stick to cheering on the their team, not poking fun at the other school's mascot. --thats for the student section, haha.
I swear, if estill cheerleaders started doing the "crabby patty" cheer along with their students, i dont think they would ever hear the end of it from their coach.

WELL THE OTHER NIGHT WHEN POWELL BEAT ESTILL (GIRLS) WHEN THE STUDENT STARTED THAT LITTLE CHANT PU WHAT'S THAT SMELL, I SAW THE CHEERLEADERS DOING IT WITH THEM NOW THAT IS SOMETHING FOR THE STUDENT SECTION . I KNOW FOR A FACT IF POWELL HAD SAID THAT WITH THEIR STUDENT SECTION THEIR COACH WOULD HAVE MADE THEM SIT OUT FOR THE REST OF THE GAME.............THAT COACH NEEDS TO TELL HER GIRLS TO CHEER FOR THE PLAYERS NOT THE STUDENT SECTIONTongueirateSho
As Far As The Bands Go Hahahahaha Estill Is Definately The Caboose In This One The Best Thing They Do Is The Little Train Thing But Powell Rocks........don't Forget About Their State Records Winners Just Like Our Cheerleaders
When did Powell cheerleaders win state...I must have missed that.......and as for dressing up at games thats awesome PC students do a good job except for that one retard....I have never been to a game anywhere that the students make fun of another county like Powell does. Afterall they live in the same region as Estill, Lee and Owsley and we get made fun of enough by other people its bad when you do the same. Powell has one of the best students sections I have ever seen so you need to tell that one guy to stay home or find something else to dress in. It's stuff like that that makes people not like Powell.
stride2 Wrote:WELL THE OTHER NIGHT WHEN POWELL BEAT ESTILL (GIRLS) WHEN THE STUDENT STARTED THAT LITTLE CHANT PU WHAT'S THAT SMELL, I SAW THE CHEERLEADERS DOING IT WITH THEM NOW THAT IS SOMETHING FOR THE STUDENT SECTION . I KNOW FOR A FACT IF POWELL HAD SAID THAT WITH THEIR STUDENT SECTION THEIR COACH WOULD HAVE MADE THEM SIT OUT FOR THE REST OF THE GAME.............THAT COACH NEEDS TO TELL HER GIRLS TO CHEER FOR THE PLAYERS NOT THE STUDENT SECTIONTongueirateSho

do you have that on tape I woulod like to see that......Our coach does not allow that and I don't think you saw that.....I am sure there are chants your students do and your cheerleaders don't join them,but I don't watch for that stuff I watch the game!
cheerforblue Wrote:When did Powell cheerleaders win state...I must have missed that.......and as for dressing up at games thats awesome PC students do a good job except for that one retard....I have never been to a game anywhere that the students make fun of another county like Powell does. Afterall they live in the same region as Estill, Lee and Owsley and we get made fun of enough by other people its bad when you do the same. Powell has one of the best students sections I have ever seen so you need to tell that one guy to stay home or find something else to dress in. It's stuff like that that makes people not like Powell.

Well, thats life. Deal with it.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Well, thats life. Deal with it.

Honey I don't have to deal with it..He is the one everyone laughs at and it is not because he is funny!
This in one reason we are referred to as rednecks!
cheerforblue Wrote:Honey I don't have to deal with it..He is the one everyone laughs at and it is not because he is funny!

Well you can't do nothing about it, so your just gonna have to deal with it....sorry!!
bluegrassballa Wrote:Well you can't do nothing about it, so your just gonna have to deal with it....sorry!!

Don't feel sorry for me he's the one that everyone laughs at!:rockon:
cheerforblue Wrote:Don't feel sorry for me he's the one that everyone laughs at!:rockon:

Yeah, everyone is laughing at him because he is making fun of Estill...duh!!
cheerforblue Wrote:do you have that on tape I woulod like to see that......Our coach does not allow that and I don't think you saw that.....I am sure there are chants your students do and your cheerleaders don't join them,but I don't watch for that stuff I watch the game!

well i wasn't watching the cheerleaders but when i heard that little chant i just wanted to see if the cheerleaders did it with them as i thought they would and sure enough they did , don't need it on tape , i know what i saw...............and as for the guy that dresses up... he's so awesome!!!!!!!!!TongueirateSho
cheerforblue Wrote:When did Powell cheerleaders win state...I must have missed that.......and as for dressing up at games thats awesome PC students do a good job except for that one retard....I have never been to a game anywhere that the students make fun of another county like Powell does. Afterall they live in the same region as Estill, Lee and Owsley and we get made fun of enough by other people its bad when you do the same. Powell has one of the best students sections I have ever seen so you need to tell that one guy to stay home or find something else to dress in. It's stuff like that that makes people not like Powell.

i never said they won state .......but they did beat you!!!!!!!!!:Clap: :Clap: all of the so-called talent that estill is supposed to have compared to us ....well that speaks for itself beat ya at state and the in-game.:Cheerlead and that one retard is so koooool but of course you wouldn't understand that.
cheerforblue Wrote:Don't feel sorry for me he's the one that everyone laughs at!:rockon:

yes everyone laughs at him because he sits with us but fits in better with you.... don't even go there
Pages: 1 2