Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your Favorite YouTube Channels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are some of your favorite YouTube channels ?
I watch an 80 something year-old gentleman from Texas named Him Foreman. He lives in a retirement complex with his wife and cooks. Almost every meal is breakfast and has eggs in it. I also watch some trucks like Long Haul Larry, and Johnny Be Good. I watch Brian Shaw, 4xs World Strongest Man winner. I watch Matt Wenning. He is a former powerlifter and traininer out of Columbus, Ohio.
I watch a few fishing channels Scott Martin Challenge and Lunkerstv and then there’s a bunch more that o watch when I have a itch for photography or gaming. I watch just about anything on YouTube.
I don't watch any particular channels. I like to listen to music, mostly from the 80's and 90's. I also enjoy watching old games, most of are the full broadcast with the commercials included.
Jarons Wrote:I don't watch any particular channels. I like to listen to music, mostly from the 80's and 90's. I also enjoy watching old games, most of are the full broadcast with the commercials included.

I also listen to a ton of music online. Metallica was fighting Napster years ago over online music sharing. I'd say YouTube has hurt many artists.

I also watch some old pro wrestling matches and promos.
I watch a few Joe Rogan podcats. I watch Dakota Meyer videos and Marcus Luttrell videos.

Don't ask me why, but I've recently become fascinated with carney life and have been watching some stuff on that. If I go m.i.a. on here it could be because I joined a traveling carnival.
Dead Meat is easily my favorite YouTube channel.

The host James A. Janisse does a weekly series called the "Kill Count" where he takes a horror movies and basically counts the kills of each movie and does a best & worse kill per movies.

He & his fiance Chelsea also host a podcast which is pretty neat too.
News now community 1A audits
Hound05 Wrote:News now community 1A audits

I have no idea what that is but it sounds dry as dust.
I could have a list of about 3,000 channels.... but these are my tops.

DemolitionRanch
OffTheRanch
WatchMoJo
WhatCulture
EpicRapBattles
BuzzFeed
StreetBeefs
DeadMeat
FailArmy
ActiveSelfProtection
Westside Wrote:Hoot, I have a feeling if i ever had a conversation with you in person, I'd need a translator. I would guess you would use a lot of big words.
I don't use any bigger words than necessary. If you choose to talk with me about ham radio or computers, it's hard to avoid some jargon, but most hobbies, sports, and professions have languages all their own. For example, I have no idea what a side saddle T formation is. :o
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't use any bigger words than necessary. If you choose to talk with me about ham radio or computers, it's hard to avoid some jargon, but most hobbies, sports, and professions have languages all their own. For example, I have no idea what a side saddle T formation is. :o

Interesting. I absolutely love technology. Watched YouTube videos to build my own PC. I do the podcast now and got into looking up audio equipment such as handy recorders and then I got so into photography I shot two weddings and watched every YouTube video there is about how to shoot a wedding.

I find myself going to YouTube on a hunch and staying until I’ve learned everything YouTube has to offer about whatever it is that I’m looking for.
Spud6 Wrote:Interesting. I absolutely love technology. Watched YouTube videos to build my own PC. I do the podcast now and got into looking up audio equipment such as handy recorders and then I got so into photography I shot two weddings and watched every YouTube video there is about how to shoot a wedding.

I find myself going to YouTube on a hunch and staying until I’ve learned everything YouTube has to offer about whatever it is that I’m looking for.
I have almost quit watching TV completely. I have a large screen monitor between the TV and me and wear headphones to watch Youtube while my family watches TV.

Like you, I watch Youtube mostly to learn about different technologies. I posted links that I thought might appeal to a larger audience. I watch reviews on Youtube before I buy anything but a very cheap gadget.

The variety and depth of subjects on Youtube channels constantly amazes me. I have watched videos demonstrating how to make super capacitors using PVC pipe and common household items that are capable of killing a person if they are not properly handled.

As a fellow technology fan, you might be interested in 3D printing. In case you are not familiar with the printers, you can find over a million downloadable designs at thingiverse.com Consumer 3D printers are very affordable but take some patience as they are very slow.
One of my all time favorite channels is Stobe The Hobo. He was a former U.S. Coast Guard member who traveled the country on trains. In each town he would walk around and see what they had to offer. He always went to the confidence stores, bought beer and something to eat. He seemed to really be into architecture. He was an interesting character in that he played the piano for the music in all his videos. Unfortunately, he was killed in Baltimore when apparently he got trapped on a bridge by a fast moving train. His backpack got snagged by a train and he was pulled off the bridge.
nky Wrote:My favorite
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGPNKiLtSMc8iZhEh6i2JpQ

That's a unique channel.
If you guys have good sense of Humor, check out BrewStew. I’ve been bellied over laughing.

*it does cuss a lot*
All Things Sasquatch - Sasquatch Chronicles, Buckeye Bigfoot, and Dixie Cryptids are the favorites!
I mostly watch woodworking channels and some heavy equipment stuff (track hoe work)
Letsdig18
Elite Earthworks
Jay Bates Woodworking
Woodworking for Mere Mortals
Matthias Wandel
John Heisz- I build it

Rick Beato - Everything Music
I love this cooking channel. Glenn is an amateur chef who lives in Toronto. His day job is producing food ads for TV and the web. My favorite shows are his Old Cookbook episodes on Sunday mornings. This guy's collection of old cookbooks dates back to the 1600s. The cookbooks are mostly from the U.S. and Canada but last week's show featured a pudding recipe from a 1759 French cookbook.

If you enjoy cooking and are interested in the history of cooking, I think that you will like this channel. Some shows feature cocktail recipes, sausage making, beer brewing, etc. Glenn's kitchen studio is extremely well equipped and I learn more about cooking and food watching his shows than any other place.

Glenn and Friends Cooking

Those of you who enjoyed The Way We Spoke thread might enjoy the following channel. The woman who produces the channel lives in the mountains of western North Carolina but her videos brought back a lot of my memories of growing up in eastern Kentucky. Some of her videos deal with the dialects spoken in Appalachia, traditional cooking, etc. 

Celebrating Appalachia
(10-14-2019, 02:29 AM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]I don't watch any particular channels. I like to listen to music, mostly from the 80's and 90's. I also enjoy watching old games, most of are the full broadcast with the commercials included.

I'm much the same. I listen to a lot of music's from 60's, 70's, and 80's ,  watch old TV shows, game shows, and old school wrestling from the 70's and '80's. Also, some vintage sports stuff.

(02-13-2021, 11:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]I love this cooking channel. Glenn is an amateur chef who lives in Toronto. His day job is producing food ads for TV and the web. My favorite shows are his Old Cookbook episodes on Sunday mornings. This guy's collection of old cookbooks dates back to the 1600s. The cookbooks are mostly from the U.S. and Canada but last week's show featured a pudding recipe from a 1759 French cookbook.

If you enjoy cooking and are interested in the history of cooking, I think that you will like this channel. Some shows feature cocktail recipes, sausage making, beer brewing, etc. Glenn's kitchen studio is extremely well equipped and I learn more about cooking and food watching his shows than any other place.

Those of you who enjoyed The Way We Spoke thread might enjoy the following channel. The woman who produces the channel lives in the mountains of western North Carolina but her videos brought back a lot of my memories of growing up in eastern Kentucky. Some of her videos deal with the dialects spoken in Appalachia, traditional cooking, etc. 

Celebrating Appalachia

Hoot, did you ever watch that old guy who used to be on PBS and elsewhere that had a cooking show and was always drinking wine? He cooked Cajun food and had the accent to go along with it. I think his name was Justin Wilson. He was pretty entertaining and his food always looked pretty appetizing.
(02-14-2021, 01:41 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2019, 02:29 AM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]I don't watch any particular channels. I like to listen to music, mostly from the 80's and 90's. I also enjoy watching old games, most of are the full broadcast with the commercials included.

I'm much the same. I listen to a lot of music's from 60's, 70's, and 80's ,  watch old TV shows, game shows, and old school wrestling from the 70's and '80's. Also, some vintage sports stuff.

(02-13-2021, 11:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]I love this cooking channel. Glenn is an amateur chef who lives in Toronto. His day job is producing food ads for TV and the web. My favorite shows are his Old Cookbook episodes on Sunday mornings. This guy's collection of old cookbooks dates back to the 1600s. The cookbooks are mostly from the U.S. and Canada but last week's show featured a pudding recipe from a 1759 French cookbook.

Celebrating Appalachia

Hoot, did you ever watch that old guy who used to be on PBS and elsewhere that had a cooking show and was always drinking wine? He cooked Cajun food and had the accent to go along with it. I think his name was Justin Wilson. He was pretty entertaining and his food always looked pretty appetizing.
I remember watching Justin Wilson's PBS show. I love Cajun food and you are right about Wilson having the accent to go with the food. Thinking about his strong accent reminded me about the Swamp People reality TV show where they display subtitles for alligator hunters speaking English with a Cajun accent. There are not many English speaking American sub-cultures that would tolerate having their dialect subtitled.

There are some Cajun restaurants in Lexington that were opened by a chef from Louisiana. He sold his Lexington restaurants and moved to Bloomington, Indiana and then to Indianapolis. When I lived near Indianapolis, one of his restaurants was within a mile of my home. That was great food at an unbelievably affordable price and the menu changed daily. I live in a area having great restaurants but there are few Cajun restaurants and I have found none as good or as affordable as the ones in Indiana.
(02-14-2021, 02:29 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2021, 01:41 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

Celebrating Appalachia

I remember watching Justin Wilson's PBS show. I love Cajun food and you are right about Wilson having the accent to go with the food. Thinking about his strong accent reminded me about the Swamp People reality TV show where they display subtitles for alligator hunters speaking English with a Cajun accent. There are not many English speaking American sub-cultures that would tolerate having their dialect subtitled.

There are some Cajun restaurants in Lexington that were opened by a chef from Louisiana. He sold his Lexington restaurants and moved to Bloomington, Indiana and then to Indianapolis. When I lived near Indianapolis, one of his restaurants was within a mile of my home. That was great food at an unbelievably affordable price and the menu changed daily. I live in a area having great restaurants but there are few Cajun restaurants and I have found none as good or as affordable as the ones in Indiana.

LOL   As I was posting that, I was thinking exactly the same thing- how Justin's accent reminded me of those alligator hunters.
Here is another amazing YouTube channel. This guy has used computer software to colorize and enhance very old videos, some of which date back into the 1800s. Below the link is a restored 1902 video showing the "Flying Train" in the current city of Wuppertal, Germany. The train still operates today. If it were built today, it would be an impressive engineering feat, but it is amazing that such a system existed in 1902.

Denis Shiryaev

(02-15-2021, 10:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2019, 11:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the Youtube channels to which I subscribe are related to ham radio, 3D printing, or computer technology.

Cowboy Kent Rollins (mostly Tex-Mex cooking in cast iron skillets and Dutch ovens done by a very entertaining former chuck wagon cowboy cook)

Adam Celadin (If as a kid, you ever tried your hand at throwing a knife and sticking it into a tree, then you will learn on this channel why your knife clanged to the ground.)

JoergSprave - The Slingshot Channel - this is my go to channel for entertaining projectile launching - everything from BBs to arrows and bowling balls get launched from all sorts of inventive contraptions.

Sous Vide Everything - If you own a sous vide circulator or if you are curious about what sous vide cooking is, then you may enjoy this channel.

Dr. Becky - My favorite astronomy channel.

Anton Petrov - My second favorite astronomy channel.

TinHatRanch - My favorite prepper channel. It's too bad that this guy does not post more often.

Sargon of Akkad - I'm not sure how to describe this channel. Great political and societal commentary from a British libertarian. He describes himself as a liberal, but as a conservative, I find myself agreeing with him far more often than not. American liberals despise him.

Hoot,   check out  David Butler's  channel. Some of the best astronomy stuff on the net , in my opinion. I think you will love it.
Thanks. I have subscribed to David Butler's channel. Below are three other astronomy channels that you may enjoy:

Paul M. Sutter

Isaac Arthur (This guy sounds like the Barry Kripke character on the Big Bang Theory.)

Arvin Ash (Not strictly astronomy but the theoretical physics overlaps with astronomy.)
(02-15-2021, 11:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2021, 10:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2019, 11:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the Youtube channels to which I subscribe are related to ham radio, 3D printing, or computer technology.

Cowboy Kent Rollins (mostly Tex-Mex cooking in cast iron skillets and Dutch ovens done by a very entertaining former chuck wagon cowboy cook)

Adam Celadin (If as a kid, you ever tried your hand at throwing a knife and sticking it into a tree, then you will learn on this channel why your knife clanged to the ground.)

JoergSprave - The Slingshot Channel - this is my go to channel for entertaining projectile launching - everything from BBs to arrows and bowling balls get launched from all sorts of inventive contraptions.

Sous Vide Everything - If you own a sous vide circulator or if you are curious about what sous vide cooking is, then you may enjoy this channel.

Dr. Becky - My favorite astronomy channel.

Anton Petrov - My second favorite astronomy channel.

TinHatRanch - My favorite prepper channel. It's too bad that this guy does not post more often.

Sargon of Akkad - I'm not sure how to describe this channel. Great political and societal commentary from a British libertarian. He describes himself as a liberal, but as a conservative, I find myself agreeing with him far more often than not. American liberals despise him.

Hoot,   check out  David Butler's  channel. Some of the best astronomy stuff on the net , in my opinion. I think you will love it.
Thanks. I have subscribed to David Butler's channel. Below are three other astronomy channels that you may enjoy:

Paul M. Sutter

Isaac Arthur (This guy sounds like the Barry Kripke character on the Big Bang Theory.)

Arvin Ash (Not strictly astronomy but the theoretical physics overlaps with astronomy.)
Thanks. I can't get enough astronomy- my favorite subject. As much as I love sports, astronomy is first. Been captivated by the universe since I was a five-year old.
Pages: 1 2