Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 30 Lawrence County 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Was this a redemption game? Didn’t Lawrence beat belfry earlier in the year?
Lawrence beat Belfry earlier in the year 14-0. Lawrence is the most physical team Belfry has seen in my opinion. 44 is a stud.
Well then. Good adjustments made by Belfry to come in this one and get a different outcome. Good luck to each in the state tourney!
Offense looked a lot better. This Belfry team has talent. I've watched them play 3 times this season. They have 2 big and strong running backs. QB has speed and has a very good arm. Defense is the weak link at the moment. I think that will be fixed by the October 19th
I don’t know that there is any fixing the defense. Kids have been played out of position on both sides of the ball all year. A little late in the year to fix a problem of toughness. Several kids have already quit the team and several more have discussed it. A lot of frustrated people in the stands. Not the Belfry football atmosphere that I’ve witnessed in the past.
They’re playing 6th graders on defense. Why?

You can’t tell me their isn’t an 8th grader or 7th grader as good as those guys, physically they can’t get it done.
vobra281 Wrote:I don’t know that there is any fixing the defense. Kids have been played out of position on both sides of the ball all year. A little late in the year to fix a problem of toughness. Several kids have already quit the team and several more have discussed it. A lot of frustrated people in the stands. Not the Belfry football atmosphere that I’ve witnessed in the past.

Maybe it’s addition by subtraction?
So belfry won and people are upset?

As for the 6th graders they spent plenty of time at their respective elementary schools they’ll be fine
“It’s not about me it’s not about you, it’s about us”
- Philip Haywood