Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sutton vs. Sutton...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oral Roberts confirmed Wednesday that it will play Oklahoma State in the All-College Classic this December, pitting two of Eddie Sutton's sons against each other. The Dec. 20 game on a neutral court in Oklahoma City will be the first time Scott Sutton of Oral Roberts and Sean Sutton of Oklahoma State will coach against one another. Scott Sutton is the youngest son of Eddie Sutton, who won 798 games during his 36-year career at Creighton, Arkansas, Kentucky and Oklahoma State. His older brother, Sean, took over as Oklahoma State's head coach after their father retired in May 2006.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2957227

I like matchups like this...I hope that down the road, UK and Minnesota are in the same brackett in the NCAA tournament. Stuff like that creates interesting conflict.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I like matchups like this...I hope that down the road, UK and Minnesota are in the same brackett in the NCAA tournament. Stuff like that creates interesting conflict.

Sometimes it seems like the NCAA has that sort of thing in mind when they make the bracket, such as in 2001 when they placed Duke and UK in the same bracket, and had it held to form they would have played in Philadelphia. Also in 01 they placed Georgia State, who was coached by longtime Maryland coach Lefty Driesell, in the same bracket with Maryland and they did meet in the 2nd round. A few years later they placed UConn and DePaul in the same bracket which led to a 2nd round meeting of Jim Calhoun and his longtime assistant Dave Leitao.
Both Sean and Scott Sutton are very promising young coaches. Best of luck to the both.
clipperw Wrote:Sometimes it seems like the NCAA has that sort of thing in mind when they make the bracket, such as in 2001 when they placed Duke and UK in the same bracket, and had it held to form they would have played in Philadelphia. Also in 01 they placed Georgia State, who was coached by longtime Maryland coach Lefty Driesell, in the same bracket with Maryland and they did meet in the 2nd round. A few years later they placed UConn and DePaul in the same bracket which led to a 2nd round meeting of Jim Calhoun and his longtime assistant Dave Leitao.
Don't forget Kentucky vs. Eastern Kentucky in the first round in 05 or Florida vs. South Alabama in the first round in 06. Or this year were in the Sweet 16 pupil Jamie Dixon and Pitt takes on former Pitt coach and mentor of Dixon, current UCLA headman Ben Howland.
I hear that the game will be sponsored by Emery Air Freight... Smile