Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2019 Middle School State Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you that follow middle school football let me throw this out there. Paducah Middle School is the real deal this year. They had 15 of McCracken County's best players transfer there & I don't see any team stopping them this year. If you recall last year's McCracken County's 7th grade team was state runner-up. Only loss coming in the state championship game. This year's Paducah Middle School team shut out both McCracken & Mayfield thus far. Probably the toughest teams they'll face from this area. I've heard they have Brentwood scheduled this year. If they win that one, they just might run the table & win a middle school state championship this year. They're a fun team to watch.
There was a kid from Paducah that played in the KY Future Stars game that was a middle linebacker that was an absolute beast! Loved that kid and his game. I wonder if he plays for them or not. If so, he’s gonna be a problem for teams for probably the next 4 years.
I think the enthusiasm is great and it's awesome to see kids excell but the real deal is a state title in high school and everything they do now needs to be preparing them for that or it's a waste imo.

Good luck to your team this year...but more importantly in high school. KY HS Football is better when the Tornados are in the hunt.
CowboyDad Wrote:There was a kid from Paducah that played in the KY Future Stars game that was a middle linebacker that was an absolute beast! Loved that kid and his game. I wonder if he plays for them or not. If so, he’s gonna be a problem for teams for probably the next 4 years.
Yes he is beast. He plays full back as well. He was one of the 15 transfers to PMS along with the entire coaching staff making the move as well. These kids will make PT so good in a couple years. The kid playing LB reminds me of Clay Mathews. Just his appearance & attitude on the field. Given all this, he's a bit older than most 8th graders from what I've heard. Someone mentioned he's already 15 yo as an 8th grader. If this is true he won't be eligible to play his senior year. If he were a freshman this year they say he'd already be starting on varsity.
SteadyRockin71 Wrote:Yes he is beast. He plays full back as well. He was one of the 15 transfers to PMS along with the entire coaching staff making the move as well. These kids will make PT so good in a couple years. The kid playing LB reminds me of Clay Mathews. Just his appearance & attitude on the field. Given all this, he's a bit older than most 8th graders from what I've heard. Someone mentioned he's already 15 yo as an 8th grader. If this is true he won't be eligible to play his senior year. If he were a freshman this year they say he'd already be starting on varsity.

He can be 15 as long as it isn’t before August 1st. If he would be too old to play his senior year then he couldn’t play as an 8th grader. He’d have to move up to play freshman now.
Good luck to your kids, it’s an experience they’ll never forget!!

Why so many transfers?
FoSho Wrote:I think the enthusiasm is great and it's awesome to see kids excell but the real deal is a state title in high school and everything they do now needs to be preparing them for that or it's a waste imo.

Good luck to your team this year...but more importantly in high school. KY HS Football is better when the Tornados are in the hunt.

How is the Boyle County Middle School teams doing and do you have the schedule? Thanks!
charlesw88 Wrote:How is the Boyle County Middle School teams doing and do you have the schedule? Thanks!

4-0...beat Meece, Taylor Co, East Jessamine and Lincoln Co.

Plays @'Anderson Co Thur.

Very solid team full of dudes.
I think Caldwell County plays both Paducah schools this week and next, the Tigers are undefeated too. I think both games are in Paducah.
FoSho Wrote:4-0...beat Meece, Taylor Co, East Jessamine and Lincoln Co.

Thanks!

Let me know how the game goes as I will be unable to attend. Good luck and go Eagles!
2019 Bracket release anticipated on 9/28/19.
Estill County is set to make some noise this year. I talked to their coach the other day and they are playing in the playoffs this year for the first time. I have seen them play once. They have a kid at running back that is an absolute nightmare of defenses. I think they are 5-1 on the year with the reigning state champs in Caudill on the horizon. Although I don't anticipate either school showing much as they play the first round conference tournament just 2 days later. They should meet in the conference championship a week later and that will be more of the eye test.
FoSho Wrote:4-0...beat Meece, Taylor Co, East Jessamine and Lincoln Co.

What's the season look like since starting 4-0?

I didn't get to catch the Anderson game.
Good luck to all.
charlesw88 Wrote:What's the season look like since starting 4-0?

I didn't get to catch the Anderson game.

Undefeated still. Smashed Anderson and Mercer.
FoSho Wrote:Undefeated still. Smashed Anderson and Mercer.

When is the next game?
Good luck to all.
charlesw88 Wrote:When is the next game?

Thurs @ W Jessamine

Next Thurs @ Danville