Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Games of the week for 8/31/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where are the games of the week this week?
North Laurel 7th and 8th at Meece
Even though Meece couldn’t find offense last year, it was a very close 14-0 game. Last score for North Laurel came in the last drive.

Hopefully it’s every bit as good as that! (And we find some offensive output)
Corbin at Northern Pulaski Thursday 6TongueM 7th grade kickoff
Boyle Co @ E Jessamine

Thursday @ 6:00 (A game...B game follows)
Raceland vs Pikeville Friday night at 7.
Knox Middle vs. Bell Co.
FootballFan50 Wrote:Knox Middle vs. Bell Co.

Always a good game.
Raceland 36 Pikeville 0. 8th grade
Raceland 36 Pikeville 0
CowboyDad Wrote:Even though Meece couldn’t find offense last year, it was a very close 14-0 game. Last score for North Laurel came in the last drive.

Hopefully it’s every bit as good as that! (And we find some offensive output)

How did it turn out?
Walt Longmire Wrote:How did it turn out?

40-6
North Laurel
3wishes Wrote:40-6
North Laurel

Meece seems to be way down this season. They are 1-3 aren't they?
Down year is true. Next two games are Northern Pulaski and Corbin. Doesn’t get any easier.

Gotta hope two things don’t happen.

1. They don’t cave if they get out of the gate to a possible 1-5 start.

2. They take from the losses and apply that to post season play.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Meece seems to be way down this season. They are 1-3 aren't they?

They’ve lost to two other really good teams in Boyle County and Raceland .
3wishes Wrote:They’ve lost to two other really good teams in Boyle County and Raceland .

If they do start 1-5 they have lost 5 games to 5 of the best teams in the state! Playing these games now only make a team stronger in the post season. It’s hard for Meece to find D3 games in south central KY, so they have decided to play the best of the best, no shame in that. Hopefully all the kids stay healthy and don’t give up hope.
^

This. The team will have played
Boyle Co, Raceland, Beaumont, North Laurel, Northern, Corbin to start the season.

Will end with Russell, Lincoln, Moss Middle and Wayne.

I hope they stay healthy as well. My kid is one of those 8th graders and since we don’t have a lot of them, we can’t afford to lose them.
Lincoln Co @ Boyle Co Thurs 6:00
FoSho Wrote:Lincoln Co @ Boyle Co Thurs 6:00

It’s probably been discussed before and I just don’t remember, but why doesn’t Boyle county do a true 7th and a true 8th grade team instead of an A and B team? Seems like they have the numbers to do so?

Also how many elementary schools or intermediate (whatever you guys call them there) get fed into Boyle county’s middle school?
As far as I know :Woodlawn Elementary, Junction City Elementary, Perryville Elementary are the Boyle County feeder schools. And they have a great group of kids playing. Always enjoyed taking our LCYFL/SYFL kids from Somerset up to play those teams. I’ll let FoSho verify if I am missing any schools.
Hmmmm seems like a lot of kids coming into the MS. Wonder why they don’t compete in straight 7th and then 8th grades and opt for an A/B team
The Salt River Conference does A Team and B Team. Sometimes we have 7th graders that start on the A Team and never play on the B Team. Or we've had 7th graders play one position on the A Team, say CB but can't crack the lineup at RB which is where the staff thinks he'll end up in 8th grade or high school, they will let him play a series or two "down" on the B Team for some game reps. It's actually a great system imo.

The BCYFL split from the Rec Dept about 6 years ago for more control over coaching, schedule, etc. The league is made up of the elementary schools of Woodlawn, Perryville and Junction City are the feeders for BCMS. They play 5/6 grade so half of the team is at BCMS (6 grade) and the other is in their respective elementary school. We also have 3/4 grade teams and then 1/2 grade flag football.

Chuck Smith implemented this (except for flag) when he arrived to coach here in the mid 90s. He personally went to visit those elementary schools and recruited kids to come out for football...the rest is history.