Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region team to beat in '08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
who do u guys think will be the team or teams to watch out for in next years 08' season in the 15th?? Im gonna have to say Lawrence county
Team to beat is Lawrence County teams to look out for could be Prestonsbrg or Pikeville (not favorites but could make runs at any given time.
i really dont know about how good JC and Painstville will be but u have to throw them in for tough teams to beat...and i think ER might be one if they they get some pitching...they have some good hitters comin up
Johnson Central
The Big Three from the 57th, Lawrence, Paintsville and Johnson Central... The winner of the region will be one of the 3, mark it down.
Pikeville, Painstville, and Johnson Central. All others will just fill a void.
baseball_dad Wrote:Pikeville, Painstville, and Johnson Central. All others will just fill a void.
You cant leave LC off that list, if you do the your kidding yourself. Pikeville I dont know yet, they have some more improvement left, Belfry was also a team that was loaded with Juniors, they will be much improved.
Belfry Wins Wrote:You cant leave LC off that list, if you do the your kidding yourself. Pikeville I dont know yet, they have some more improvement left, Belfry was also a team that was loaded with Juniors, they will be much improved.

Oh yea, I keep forgetting that they are in the 15th. They should have a good 2008 season.
1.lawrence county
2.magoffin county
3.belfry
4.paintsville
5.pikeville
6.j.c
7.sheldon clark
8.pburg
9.allen central
10.er
Lawrence made it to the Regional Title game last year and I think they only lost one starter, so I think they will have the team to beat next year.
magoffin#10 Wrote:1.lawrence county
2.magoffin county:o
3.belfry
4.paintsville
5.pikeville
6.j.c
7.sheldon clark
8.pburg
9.allen central
10.er

I agree they are showing improvement, but #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You r definitely a HOMER!!!!!Cool
Not bad w/ the rest though. MC could be 9th or 10th.:Thumbs:
magoffin#10 Wrote:1.lawrence county
2.magoffin county
3.belfry
4.paintsville
5.pikeville
6.j.c
7.sheldon clark
8.pburg
9.allen central
10.er

:what:

would be nice to see em challenge some of the top 15th programs next year, tho.
didnt they lose a few good athletes this past year? a couple of their top pitchers were young tho, i believe.

but still...............:what:
Lawrence Co., Johnson Central, Paintsville
LC, Paintsville, JC. Either could win it.
Prestonsburg returns everyone from last season, including the player that led the 15th in batting average in, Josh Roudebaugh. Plus they return Bobby Hughes, Chris Schoolcraft, and Allen Craynon. So they are a team to look out for in '08.
Everyone know's that Lawrence, Johnson Central, and Paintsville are the powerhouses of the 15th..I'm pretty sure it will be one of these teams winning the region in 08'.
magoffin county only lost one player from last years team and he really didnt contribute to the team anyway
That wasn't very nice to say about a player!!!
Paintsville
Godspeed Wrote:Everyone know's that Lawrence, Johnson Central, and Paintsville are the powerhouses of the 15th..I'm pretty sure it will be one of these teams winning the region in 08'.
Pikeville aint exactly been chopped liver the last few years either. Better not completely rule them out.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Pikeville aint exactly been chopped liver the last few years either. Better not completely rule them out.
Oops..sorry about that. Yes, Pikeville does have a very young, but talented team. I'm sure they will be twice as good this year than last.
Godspeed Wrote:Everyone know's that Lawrence, Johnson Central, and Paintsville are the powerhouses of the 15th..I'm pretty sure it will be one of these teams winning the region in 08'.

Powehouses? Who has won the most region championships in the past ten years? Paintsville has won 2 (2000,2001). JC has won 2 (2004,2007). Pikeville has won 4 (1998,1999,2002,2005). LC has never won a 15th region crown. They won one in the 16th in 2003. I think LC need to win at least two in the 15th to be considered a powerhouse.
Johnson Central will win it again in 08.
bigpun Wrote:Powehouses? Who has won the most region championships in the past ten years? Paintsville has won 2 (2000,2001). JC has won 2 (2004,2007). Pikeville has won 4 (1998,1999,2002,2005). LC has never won a 15th region crown. They won one in the 16th in 2003. I think LC need to win at least two in the 15th to be considered a powerhouse.
Aight Big Pun, LC may not be a powerhouse, but they are a pretty good team. I dont think anyone would disagree with that. They are always in the running for the Region title. They have produced some excellent players that have gone on to play Division I. I think that would be something to be proud of.
1. Lawrence Co...return most of team including freshman phenom Shepherd
2. Paintsville...Grimm, VanHoose, and Humphrey return
3. Pikeville...most improved team from April to mid-May in 2007
4. Allen Central...lost only one sr. to grad. - Little can beat anyone on a given day
5. Johnson Central...Fyffe, Blanton, and Haney graduated - 57th is now seeding
best of the rest:
P-burg, Belfry, E. Ridge, Pike Cent., Sheldon Clark, and Magoffin Co.
rawlingsfan Wrote:1. Lawrence Co...return most of team including freshman phenom Shepherd
2. Paintsville...Grimm, VanHoose, and Humphrey return
3. Pikeville...most improved team from April to mid-May in 2007
4. Allen Central...lost only one sr. to grad. - Little can beat anyone on a given day
5. Johnson Central...Fyffe, Blanton, and Haney graduated - 57th is now seeding
best of the rest:
P-burg, Belfry, E. Ridge, Pike Cent., Sheldon Clark, and Magoffin Co.

indeed he can, but unfortunately he wont be able to throw at all this year, i believe. correct me if i'm wrong on that anyone. :getwell:
Godspeed Wrote:Aight Big Pun, LC may not be a powerhouse, but they are a pretty good team. I dont think anyone would disagree with that. They are always in the running for the Region title. They have produced some excellent players that have gone on to play Division I. I think that would be something to be proud of.
If Lawrence would have been in the 15th region the last 10 years they very well could have won 3 or 4 regional titles, because they have certainly had theplayers to do so. Unfortunately for them the always seemed to have to get by Boyd Co. in the opening round of the 64th district. They would without question been a 15th region powerhouse.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:indeed he can, but unfortunately he wont be able to throw at all this year, i believe. correct me if i'm wrong on that anyone. :getwell:
He had Tommy John surgery, so yes you are right , his high school career is more than likely over. Very tragic .
Mr.Kimball Wrote:If Lawrence would have been in the 15th region the last 10 years they very well could have won 3 or 4 regional titles, because they have certainly had theplayers to do so. Unfortunately for them the always seemed to have to get by Boyd Co. in the opening round of the 64th district. They would without question been a 15th region powerhouse.
Yes I agree. Everyone know's they have the talent. Boyd County is very good as well. They are always stacked at every position. It just makes it a better game between the two.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:He had Tommy John surgery, so yes you are right , his high school career is more than likely over. Very tragic .

Wow. I hate to hear that, Scotty really had a good fastball. Good-luck to him in his rehabilitation process.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8