Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: HHS Standout Kicked off Oklahoma Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Huntington High basketball standout Chris Early has been dismissed from the Oklahoma team. Sooners coach Jeff Capel offered no reason for taking that action.
The dismissal of the incoming freshman was announced yesterday in a four-paragraph news release issued by Oklahoma's sports information office.
"Chris is a good basketball player and it is my hope that he is able to lead a successful academic and athletic career at another university," Capel said in the statement. "My staff and I wish him well."
The release said no additional comment would be made.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/8387082.html
Well if theres no reasoning behind it, then thats pretty dirty IMO.
Yeah, I agree thats pretty dirty to jus drop him.Hes a pretty good player, I know everyone seen him dunk on the indiana signee Bud Mackey lol.
y did he get kicked off.
Not sure if it was the reason but he was cited for a trespassing charge in a nightclub in Norman.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/ba....early.ap/
Any news where he might end up???
Well, there is #1 from that team! Mayo will get suspended before the year is out..I would almost bank on it! A player with his mentality and background in L.A...Yup, I would bank on it FO SHO!
Did he even get a second chance or did Oklahoma feel as though the situation needed that radical of punishment? Until I know the reasoning behind the dismissal, I can not say that I agree with what Oklohoma did. College kids especially that young (right out of high school) deserve a second chance and the opportunity to straighten things out.
it almost looks like the sooners think they made a mistake and were looking for a way out
Grand Slam Wrote:it almost looks like the sooners think they made a mistake and were looking for a way out

I agree. They seemed to be a little gung-ho about making a lasting decision.
Any news on where he miight go now.