Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2010 PG commits to UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
K.C. Ross-Miller commited to UK this morning.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/barrier_noent...=&mid=&rid=
I'm sorry but I think this is getting ridiculous. One recruit this early for that class was a big enough risk but now 2? Anything can happen to those kids in 3 years, I mean they could completely fall off the radar but UK has to honor the commitment regardless of what happens.
Well this stuff will make him or break him at UK.
The part of this that I dont really know the answer to is this. If UK already signed them, then they have to honor their commitment to them if they become the best high school players in the country or the biggest bombs on the court. But if they do become the best ball players in the country, then it could be argued that they as in the players still could sign anywhere they wanted to because they are still to young to sign a legal document. So it seems like UK has everything to lose and maybe something to gain.
alfus21 Wrote:I'm sorry but I think this is getting ridiculous. One recruit this early for that class was a big enough risk but now 2? Anything can happen to those kids in 3 years, I mean they could completely fall off the radar but UK has to honor the commitment regardless of what happens.

I agree 100 percent....
He is currently rated the 5th best player in his class.
mcfan1 Wrote:He is currently rated the 5th best player in his class.

It's still way too early to evaluate the class of 2010 when most of the kids haven't even hit their peak of growth and development. Most of these kids haven't played enough AAU ball to let the scouts properly evaluate all of the talent in the country.

Even hoopsreport.com where you got your ranking had this to say above the rankings of 2010.

It is too early to accurately rank the top players in this class because it is impossible to estimate all the variables such as player development and physical growth. There are also going to be a number of players that are under the radar now that will be considered late bloomers and will burst on to the scene over the next four years. Having said that, this is a list of 15 players that our staff has seen that we feel will make noise on a national level for years to come.
It's nice to see BCG get these early commits, because it shows his ability to recruit. But it's too much of a risk to offer kids this early. If he really wants to come to UK then he would commit after next year and it would be less of a risk to see how he develops then offer.
Yeah thats true.
But he is top 5 how can you pass that up..lol
Billy G knows what he wants for the future of the team and I have all confidence that he sees that in these two young commitments. I think it is great that he can spot diamonds in the rough this early in the recruiting game.
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:But he is top 5 how can you pass that up..lol

Because scouts haven't had time to evaluate hardly any of the players in this class. He is ranked based on the players seen thus far. One was enough, but two is pretty risky if not plain crazy.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The part of this that I dont really know the answer to is this. If UK already signed them, then they have to honor their commitment to them if they become the best high school players in the country or the biggest bombs on the court. But if they do become the best ball players in the country, then it could be argued that they as in the players still could sign anywhere they wanted to because they are still to young to sign a legal document. So it seems like UK has everything to lose and maybe something to gain.

No one has signed anything just yet. Players in that class can't sign a letter-of-intent that early, all they can give is an oral commitment. Which means either he or UK could back out of the arrangement. Not saying UK would do that, but they could.
i think its good to recruit early cause if we dont get them some one else will
Alfus man, dont worry about KC...he will be the real deal...its Euton that has me a little bit worried. we need to go up to Ashland and watch him play a little bit this year. Dont worry about KC though....GREAT get IMO...
corndog23 Wrote:Alfus man, dont worry about KC...he will be the real deal...its Euton that has me a little bit worried. we need to go up to Ashland and watch him play a little bit this year. Dont worry about KC though....GREAT get IMO...

I'll put my trust in you and take your word for it. But I'm worried about Euton too.
Well... why not put them all on an AAU team for some early chemistry practice.
He is a great player.
Players like O.J. Mayo and the like are picked up by
scouts early on and, most usually, turn out to be very
talented players who achieve at a high level. I'm not
that concerned that these early signings signal some
kind of wrong approach. They may signal that BCG makes
an incredible sales pitch, which, I think, is indeed the
case.