Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Walter McCarty Named Louisville Assistant Coach...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Walter McCarty, a 10-year NBA veteran who played for University of Louisville head coach Rick Pitino in college and professionally, has joined the Cardinals' staff as an assistant coach.

"It's great to have Walter on our staff," said Pitino. "He has all the experience to help our young men grow as people. I have immense confidence in him as a person. Playing ten years in the NBA is no small feat; it's a great accomplishment. He was thinking of potentially playing another year, but I'm glad he chose to be a part of our staff. He's a team player and has always been about winning. His enthusiasm is infectious. I think right now it's a perfect fit with our players. We have about six guys on the team with pro potential, with more coming in. I wanted someone that could relate to them about what the next level is all about."

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs...2/70629020
jammin' jamey Wrote:Walter McCarty, a 10-year NBA veteran who played for University of Louisville head coach Rick Pitino in college and professionally, has joined the Cardinals' staff as an assistant coach.

"It's great to have Walter on our staff," said Pitino. "He has all the experience to help our young men grow as people. I have immense confidence in him as a person. Playing ten years in the NBA is no small feat; it's a great accomplishment. He was thinking of potentially playing another year, but I'm glad he chose to be a part of our staff. He's a team player and has always been about winning. His enthusiasm is infectious. I think right now it's a perfect fit with our players. We have about six guys on the team with pro potential, with more coming in. I wanted someone that could relate to them about what the next level is all about."

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs...2/70629020

mccarty played for the wildcats son he was on the 96 championship team
Grand Slam Wrote:mccarty played for the wildcats son he was on the 96 championship team
He was stating that he played for Pricktino, not Louisville.
mcfan1 Wrote:He was stating that he played for Pricktino, not Louisville.

sorry bodyguard
Thats pretty cool that he joined UofL but its Louisville so it dont matter lol
The last team he played for was the Celtics, right?
No he finished his NBA Career with the LA Clippers in 2005-2006.
haha did anyone ever listen to that Boston announcer who was absolutely obsessed with mccarty? Everytime he would score or even get a defensive rebound he would be like "I...LOVE...WALTER!!"
I hate Louisville! I always liked Walter McCarty, but now he has joined the enemy, just like Pitino. So BOOOOOOOO! Big Grin
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:haha did anyone ever listen to that Boston announcer who was absolutely obsessed with mccarty? Everytime he would score or even get a defensive rebound he would be like "I...LOVE...WALTER!!"

Im pretty sure that announcer is Tommy Heinsohn. I enjoyed listening to him and Bob Cousy do Celtics games when I had a satelite and they had a free week of NBA League Pass.
clipperw Wrote:Im pretty sure that announcer is Tommy Heinsohn. I enjoyed listening to him and Bob Cousy do Celtics games when I had a satelite and they had a free week of NBA League Pass.

You are right---it was Heinsohn---one of the many Celtic legends. Walter was one of my all time favorite UK players. Will never forget that big 3 in the miracle comeback against LSU. But coaching at the Ville? Say it ain't so Walter.............
firetubbyplease! Wrote:You are right---it was Heinsohn---one of the many Celtic legends. Walter was one of my all time favorite UK players. Will never forget that big 3 in the miracle comeback against LSU. But coaching at the Ville? Say it ain't so Walter.............

HA! My sentiments exactly, man. To me, for somebody who played or coached at UK to then take a job at Louisville is close to sacrilege! After all, basketball is our state religion... Wink

BOOOO Louisville!
i hate louisville tooo
Grand Slam Wrote:i hate louisville tooo

If you really want to hear an emphatic expression of how I feel about Louisville, go to a UK hockey game when they play the Cards and just listen to the crowd! Big Grin
More Cowbell Wrote:If you really want to hear an emphatic expression of how I feel about Louisville, go to a UK hockey game when they play the Cards and just listen to the crowd! Big Grin

WOW, that is some serious hatred!! The crowd says every negative word under the sun in that 3 hour time span. But I still have to say that I am with you. I can't stand Louisville!

Go CATS!!!!
firetubbyplease! Wrote:You are right---it was Heinsohn---one of the many Celtic legends. Walter was one of my all time favorite UK players. Will never forget that big 3 in the miracle comeback against LSU. But coaching at the Ville? Say it ain't so Walter.............

that shot was awesome and the biggest in his career :Clap: