Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dandre Liggens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He is listing UK as a frontrunner at this point...he is a five star and it would be great to get him.
Link?
Do you know what class he is?
He'll be a Sophomore.
Wow another early recruit..Ole' Billy Clyde likes them young....let me rephrase that... ole' Billy Clyde likes to recruits them early..Yea much better lol
And he is already a 5 star??????
yeah really, a 5 star freshman?? I dont think thats right. If someone has a link on this kid, let us know..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And he is already a 5 star??????
I got this copied & pasted in an email:

Posted: Sun Jun 24th, 2007 03:32 pm Quote Reply

As is typical in the recruiting world, things change on a dime. Top combo guard from Indiana Elite AAU team, DeAndre Liggins, now has a new leader....the University of Kentucky.

Previously, UK had not been able to crack the shell due to resistance from Mark Barnett, the director of the Indiana Elite AAU program. He has close relationships with John Calipari and Bill Self and those schools were seen as prohibitive favorites due to that fact.

However, Indiiana Elite coach, Mark Adams does support Liggins to UK. Additionally, Liggins HS coaches are in favore of Liggins joining the Wildcats.

Due to this recent development, Liggins made a surprise unofficial to UK this weekend and Liggins was blown away on his visit. He had previously had interest in visiting UK, but for reasons mentioned was not able to visit.

This is going to be a hard fought recruitment, but UK now has the connections needed to be a major player (leader) for DeAndre Liggins. He is a playmaking 6'5+ Combo Guard (some list his as a 1 of a 3) with a decent jumper that will need some work to be very good. He is compared by many to a Scottie Pippen type player. My only downside to Liggins is his tenedency to dribble in a little to much. If he learns to give the ball up sooner (something Billy G is great at teaching), he has All American Potential.

In my opinion, this is the biggest recruiting leap of this staff's short career at UK.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:He'll be a Sophomore.

No, he'll be a senior and be in the class of 2008.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect....31&sport=2
alfus21 Wrote:No, he'll be a senior and be in the class of 2008.

Sounds a lil more reasonable :Thumbs:
alfus21 Wrote:No, he'll be a senior and be in the class of 2008.

My bad..I went back and looked at the article, I looked at the date on it wrong, lol, sorry about that.
Now that sounds ALOT betterSmile! Would be a VERY nice start to a recruiting year and future for UK basketball
Heck yea!! With in a 1 week pick up a potenial 5 star recruit that is going into his 2nd year of high school lol and get into talks with ANOTHER 5 star recruit for next year. I see the glory around the corner for Mr. Billy Clyde!!! Hopefully in about 2-3 years (championship).
Glad to see effort in recruiting for a change.
I know.