Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Call of Duty:Modern Warfare has returned on PS4, Out October 25th 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confusedinglepar

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05/...ctober-25/

Developed by Infinity Ward and scheduled for global release on PlayStation 4 on Friday, October 25, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a powerful, reimagined experience and all-new title, built from the ground up. Take on the role of highly-skilled Tier One operators in an exceptionally raw and gritty narrative affecting the global balance of power.

A Visceral and Heart-Pounding Campaign

What can PlayStation 4 players expect from the Campaign mode? The new Modern Warfare ratchets up the intensity with an emotionally-charged and thought-provoking single-player experience. Edgy, culturally relevant, and shining a light on the changing nature of modern war, players will fight alongside a diverse cast of international special forces and freedom fighters. You’re working within the grey area of the rules of engagement, whether you’re venturing through Europe or trekking into the expanses of the Middle East, expect a number of heart-pounding operations. These operations include long-range combat with a reliance on tactical decision-making, close-quarter, and stealth missions.

A Unified Narrative Experience

Continuing beyond the edge-of-your-seat single-player campaign, prepare for a unified narrative experience and progression across all elements of the game, whether that’s single-player, online multiplayer, or co-operative experiences.
Additional Intel: Don’t Be Kept in the Dark

Be sure to check both here, and the Activision Games Blog in the coming days and weeks for the latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare announcements and content.
I am glad to see single player campaign return after not being in Black Ops 4. I never purchased BO4 for that reason. I like multiplayer but I mostly buy COD for it's campaign.
There a video from the game on the playstation blog.
I have learned to take my hype since the past cods have let me down. But boy oh boy I let my 12 year old hype out when I saw captain prices cigar light up. And seeing that what looked like a famas took me straight back to MW2 days.
You get to play new content 1st on ps4 according to that video.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:You get to play new content 1st on ps4 according to that video.

Glad I have a ps4 then lol
For the 1st time ever in the COD series, there will be cross-platform with PS4,Xbox One, and PC users in the same lobby in multiplayer.
There will be no season pass meaning more free content to the users as well.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:For the 1st time ever in the COD series, there will be cross-platform with PS4,Xbox One, and PC users in the same lobby in multiplayer.
There will be no season pass meaning more free content to the users as well.

Huge moves for COD. And the game is going to be played on a brand new engine
You can play the Open Beta Multiplayer on ps4 Now from September 14th-16th and September 19th-23rd.
I found this on the beta.

The first beta test for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer will run Sept. 12-16, but only on PlayStation 4. Early access for players who pre-order the PS4 version will run Sept. 12-13, while an open beta will run Sept. 14-16.
A second beta test period will start on Sept. 19, when developer Infinity Ward will test crossplay across PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Like the previous weekend, those who pre-order the PC or Xbox One version of the game will get early access to the beta on Sept. 19-20. An open crossplay beta for all platforms will run Sept. 21-23.
Have you played it? What’s your thoughts?
Spud6 Wrote:Have you played it? What’s your thoughts?
Not yet. I'm downloading it right now. I'll probably play a match after it downloads. It's 37 almost 38 gigs in the Playstation store.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Not yet. I'm downloading it right now. I'll probably play a match after it downloads. It's 37 almost 38 gigs in the Playstation store.

I’ve waited to see how the cross play is and then decide to buy off for PC or PS4. Also waiting for D2 on October 1st
I had to create an activision account due to the new cross play to play.
So far it seems cool. You can play 3 modes on the beta. 1 is quick play(play a rotation of selected game modes and map types), 2 is realism(hides all Hud elements for a more realistic experience) #3(Gun fight Small team cage matches) I'm more of a single player campaign person. I just like to play every so often on multiplayer. I have only tried quick play so far.
You have the option under account once you're in the multiplayer to disable or enable cross play, and enable or disable display name tag.
Did you see where they confirmed no loot boxes in MW?
Spud6 Wrote:Did you see where they confirmed no loot boxes in MW?
Yeah I'm fine with that.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Yeah I'm fine with that.

I’m doing backflips because of it. I hate loot boxes in games especially when they say they want have guns and then they have guns like BO4 did this year. I don’t care if you do loot boxes for cosmetics and other things cause I just don’t care about them but don’t make us pay for a weapon in loot boxes.
The campaign is decent. A little short. The multi-player is? I'm not sure yet. Plays similar to the original Modern Warfare. The spawns are a little messed up, and there is a lot of camping on these maps.
Until the 725 is nerfed. I’m done with pubs
It is nice to see that COD is finally back. It is one of the fps games that really got my attention. The amazing graphics and features left a huge impact when I tried playing the game. Hope there are more campaigns in this new release... and of course nicer guns haha