Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hammonds Leaving KCC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
No rumor here. I was at a Little League game and overheard a parent that was part of the boosters at Knott Central talking about Hammonds not having a Summer team and why he wasn't. I asked the parent about it and they said that coach was being very secretive about why he wasn't having a Summer team. This parent told me that the assistant coach, Kyle Amburgey, said that coach was offered a Summer coaching position somewhere, he wouldn't say where. Because he doesn't want the the team to worry. :confused: It is out of state. He has, since, been offered a permanent position with the team. I'm going to a game this week and I'll see a parent close to the program at Knott. I'll find out from him, if he knows.
Wow, Hard to imagine a KCC team without Hammonds coaching them.
Hate to see Hammonds go, but I wish him the best of luck. He has been done so dirty in Knott over the years he deserves better.
Baseball_dad, Hammonds is gone coaching a Summer team. But, he isn't leaving Knott, to my knowledge. If you are refering to asking me? Don't. Hammonds is gone for the Summer and that's it.

Also, I appreciate you defending my son. We, mother and father, feel that he was done wrong. But Brandon doesn't care. He's focusing on his college career. And that's good enough for us. If I believe you are who you are, just be careful, it may come back to bite you. :dontthink
fanofbaseball Wrote:Baseball_dad, Hammonds is gone coaching a Summer team. But, he isn't leaving Knott, to my knowledge. If you are refering to asking me? Don't. Hammonds is gone for the Summer and that's it.

Also, I appreciate you defending my son. We, mother and father, feel that he was done wrong. But Brandon doesn't care. He's focusing on his college career. And that's good enough for us. If I believe you are who you are, just be careful, it may come back to bite you. :dontthink

Isn't Hammonds gone? And, hasn't he been offered a job at this place?

No problem. Careful to the end. Cool
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Wow, Hard to imagine a KCC team without Hammonds coaching them.

It would deff be hard to imagine KCC without Hammonds, so imo this would be the only way Hammonds wouldnt be at KCC next year is him accepting another job.
I was actually shocked Hammonds cameback after being forced out by politics in the late 90's, I was hoping he would go somewhere else and do great and make those folks wish they had never forced him out.
He should not have comeback. He'd been better off somewhere else. And it looks to be so.
This is a huge blow for KCC Hammonds is a great coach...any rumors yet as to where he may be going?
Clark County's coach has left and Hammonds seems like he may be a good fit...he reminds me a little of Coach Alison anyways.
GRC? Sounds good.
Read this article from the Louisville Courier Journal and I believe this will tell if he's coming back to Knott or.... not.

Oldham Aces
Who does everyone think will get the job at KCC now?? I would like to see a young man like Kyle Amburgey an assiant and fromer play at KCC get the job.
Is it official he is gone or what?
Tubby Hater Wrote:Is it official he is gone or what?

I don't know. I was just going by what the paper was stating. I am keeping a close eye on another board. Someone on there has very close ties to Hammonds and he may have the answer soon.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Hate to see Hammonds go, but I wish him the best of luck. He has been done so dirty in Knott over the years he deserves better.

Do what? Time for him to leave. What did they have playing this year, 13 kids. 7 or 8 being Sr. Kids don't like having practice for 6 or 7 hours. Having home games and getting home at 1:30 in the morning. Time has changed but coach Hammonds has not. Done dirty in KNott County. You are a joke to even say that. Half of the time doring school he was at the baseball field. What other coach around here could do that?
Tubby Hater Wrote:I was actually shocked Hammonds cameback after being forced out by politics in the late 90's, I was hoping he would go somewhere else and do great and make those folks wish they had never forced him out.

He was never forced out. He left on his own. It's time for him to go somewere else.
Benchwarmer Wrote:He was never forced out. He left on his own. It's time for him to go somewere else.
I know for a fact he was forced out, I was on the team the year before he left and it was totally political. You had a few parents who had a lot of pull in Knott Co and he was forced out. Apparently you dont know anything about baseball, because Hammonds is one of the best coaches this state has ever seen. I transferred when Posey became coach. Knott Co is all about politics and it ruined a good program.
If this is true I wonder if Jaime Couch will leave the softball team to coach baseball?
Tubby Hater Wrote:I know for a fact he was forced out, I was on the team the year before he left and it was totally political. You had a few parents who had a lot of pull in Knott Co and he was forced out. Apparently you dont know anything about baseball, because Hammonds is one of the best coaches this state has ever seen. I transferred when Posey became coach. Knott Co is all about politics and it ruined a good program.

Was you forced out also? I know a lot about baseball. Is it politics causing kids not to play for him? 13 kids on the team. I never said he wasnt a good coach. Every kid loves to practice 6 hours a day monday-Friday, 10 hours on Saturday, and 4 hour on Sunday. Coach knows more about baseball than anyone I know but kids have changed over time and he has not. Tell me why kids are not playing?
Kids aren't playing because of people like you. Practice makes perfect and when you don't have any talent to work with, you need all the practice you can get. As far as Hammonds leaving KCC, I hope he does and tells that school, the AD, the board of education and the whole community (especially his so called parent supporters) to take a flying leap. He deserves way better than what Knott County has to offer. Replacements... :devilflam
retiredandlovinit Wrote:Kids aren't playing because of people like you. Practice makes perfect and when you don't have any talent to work with, you need all the practice you can get. As far as Hammonds leaving KCC, I hope he does and tells that school, the AD, the board of education and the whole community (especially his so called parent supporters) to take a flying leap. He deserves way better than what Knott County has to offer. Replacements... :devilflam
I agree 100% with you. I remember a couple of those teams I was on in my early years and no one on that team had any problem with putting in all those hours, and as you saw from our past results it really paid off. In the early to mid 90's we were dominant. We were considered one of the best programs in the state. Yes we had a few great players and athletes in those days that would have been great players but chose not to put the time in and he sent them packing.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Was you forced out also? I know a lot about baseball. Is it politics causing kids not to play for him? 13 kids on the team. I never said he wasnt a good coach. Every kid loves to practice 6 hours a day monday-Friday, 10 hours on Saturday, and 4 hour on Sunday. Coach knows more about baseball than anyone I know but kids have changed over time and he has not. Tell me why kids are not playing?
No I wasnt forced out, I just chose not to play for a joke like Posey. The man had no clue about baseball.
retiredandlovinit Wrote:Kids aren't playing because of people like you. Practice makes perfect and when you don't have any talent to work with, you need all the practice you can get. As far as Hammonds leaving KCC, I hope he does and tells that school, the AD, the board of education and the whole community (especially his so called parent supporters) to take a flying leap. He deserves way better than what Knott County has to offer. Replacements... :devilflam

Kids aren't playing because of people like me? Know that is a very stupid thing to say. Kids are not playing because they have changed and you know it. 15 years ago kids didn't care to put that time in but now they don't. Ask Evan Potter (the best pitcher KCC had last year) why he quit. So he didn't have talent? He had seven Sr. starters, so they did'nt learn anything their first three years there? Hammonds is a great person and knows more about baseball than anyone I know and I wish him luck where every he is at. As far as the parents go, why would he tell them to take a flying leap? They supported him by allowing their child to play for him. They spent a lot of time at the field also.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I agree 100% with you. I remember a couple of those teams I was on in my early years and no one on that team had any problem with putting in all those hours, and as you saw from our past results it really paid off. In the early to mid 90's we were dominant. We were considered one of the best programs in the state. Yes we had a few great players and athletes in those days that would have been great players but chose not to put the time in and he sent them packing.

Yes you guys had great teams but you are talking about 15-20 years ago. Answer this. Have kids changed?
Yes kids have changed...they are lazy. Parents hand everything to them and expect nothing in return. They don't know what the word hard work means. Evan Potter did have talent, but was lazy. He didn't want to work at perfecting his gift. Thought he didn't have to because that's what he was being told. Hammonds is the best coach in this region and loves the game and wants his players to love it as much as he does, but kids these days don't because, once again, they are LAZY. You can't be a winner and just give it 50% some of the time, you have to give it 110% all of the time. As far as the parent things goes, there were a few parents that spent alot of time up on that hill, but very few. The others talked about Hammonds like a dog behind his back and agreed with everything he said when they were right in front of him.
retiredandlovinit Wrote:Yes kids have changed...they are lazy. Parents hand everything to them and expect nothing in return. They don't know what the word hard work means. Evan Potter did have talent, but was lazy. He didn't want to work at perfecting his gift. Thought he didn't have to because that's what he was being told. Hammonds is the best coach in this region and loves the game and wants his players to love it as much as he does, but kids these days don't because, once again, they are LAZY. You can't be a winner and just give it 50% some of the time, you have to give it 110% all of the time. As far as the parent things goes, there were a few parents that spent alot of time up on that hill, but very few. The others talked about Hammonds like a dog behind his back and agreed with everything he said when they were right in front of him.
Once again you are 100% right. Kids are LAZY, and you take a good look at the programs that are dominate in this state and those kids give 110%. Do you think PRP or Dunbars kids just go out and practice couple hours a day and then show up for games. Hell no they dont, and usually after the games those kids immediately begin working on their field and doing all the things winning programs do. Kids like Evan Potter have good talent but never go anywhere with it because they arent dedicated. Baseball is probably the easiest sport to earn a scholarship and get a chance to play professionally at some level, but kids who just think they can show up take a few grounders and a few swings at practice everyday and then go home never get that chance to go to the next level. Eastern KY players have this bad reputation and thats the reason you hardly ever see a kid from the Mountains play D1 baseball or any other sport. Usually if they do make it, they get there and realize they have to work hard and things arent going to be given to them and they come back home to mommy after a year or so.
Looks like Hammonds hasn't made up his mind as of yet. The team he was coaching up North didn't win the American Legion state tournament, thus they are not going to the AL World Series. So, we'll see next month.
baseball_dad Wrote:Looks like Hammonds hasn't made up his mind as of yet. The team he was coaching up North didn't win the American Legion state tournament, thus they are not going to the AL World Series. So, we'll see next month.
Baseballdad,I dont think they have a world series for the younger AL teams. They do for the senior team though.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Baseballdad,I dont think they have a world series for the younger AL teams. They do for the senior team though.

I thought that they did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5