Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jared Carter reinjures shoulder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WOW! I wonder if it will force him to red shirt another year? Has anyone heard anything regarding this.
OHHH we are in big trouble now that he cant play this season, What was Tubby thinking??
news out of lexington is he will be looked at next week to see how bad it is.
Mr. Tender Shoulder!
According to John Clay of the Herald-Leader, UK officials are waiting for the swelling to go down before he is fully evaluated. It doesn't sound good though.

Get ready for "small ball".
Hope everything turns out ok.
he is awful. they wasted a good scholarship on him. he needs to leave or they need to revoke his scholarship
valleyrules101 Wrote:he is awful. they wasted a good scholarship on him. he needs to leave or they need to revoke his scholarship
Revoke his scholarship because he's been injured two of three years???
valleyrules101 Wrote:he is awful. they wasted a good scholarship on him. he needs to leave or they need to revoke his scholarship

This isn't the Middle East. Rolleyes
he is awful thats why
valleyrules101 Wrote:he is awful thats why
He hasn't played enough to base an opinion on his ability to play.
I don't think a player can redshirt two consecutive years according to NCAA guidelines....if his injury is bad though UK should try to appeal for a ruling allowing another redshirt year.

That seems a little harsh to revoke his scholarship because he's injury-prone. I'm not a big fan of his, I would rather see Stevenson play ahead of him anyway, but I hope he can get healthy and contribute. At the very least, he would give us 5 inside fouls on defense.
DevilsWin Wrote:He hasn't played enough to base an opinion on his ability to play.
Goodpoint and that is the reason why we need to get rid of him, He isnt helping the team.
Can't he red shirt another season or is there a rule limiting how many one player can recieve. I don't think that him being hurt is a just cause to boot him off the team however he will be taking up a usable player's spot so let him sit out until he is able to come back and make inprovements on his game. If he still stinks after his recovery and development, you can talk about other "options".

A player's injury should not put his college scholarship in jeopardy.
RavenBoy Wrote:Goodpoint and that is the reason why we need to get rid of him, He isnt helping the team.
He was injured preparing to help his team.

I believe the NCAA allows schools to move players whose playing career is ended due to injury to a medical scholarship, freeing up a scholarship for a player who is healthy.
He was a waist of a scholarship. He wasn't even any good in high school. Tubby signed him cause he was 7' tall.
Sounds like SAM BOWIE all over again.
Except Sam Bowie was an All-American--a slight difference there...lol
Tubby signed him because he is Tall, White and a Kentucky boy. Everyone knows that.
RavenBoy Wrote:Tubby signed him because he is Tall, White and a Kentucky boy. Everyone knows that.

**Off topic** Random information
My roommate and I discussed this one night in our dorm. North Carolina was supposely came to watch one of his games, Tubby thinking that "hey North Carolina is interested so that mean he is a great player." However the main difference was that North Carolina stopped recruiting after watching that game (they saw no potential) and Tubby picked the kid up.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:**Off topic** Random information
My roommate and I discussed this one night in our dorm. North Carolina was supposely came to watch one of his games, Tubby thinking that "hey North Carolina is interested so that mean he is a great player." However the main difference was that North Carolina stopped recruiting after watching that game (they saw no potential) and Tubby picked the kid up.

:Clap: You nailed it right there man. Just another example of how TERRIBLE Tubby was as a recruiter.
I know Jared's family he is a good kid and he just is having problems....just because he has injuries doesnt make him a bad ball player many people go through injury problems....he is a good backup for UK
Redneck Wrote::Clap: You nailed it right there man. Just another example of how TERRIBLE Tubby was as a recruiter.

Nice try guys, but UNC did not back away neither did a lot of other big schools. UNC offered as did Cincinnati, Boston College, Georgia Tech, and Illinois among others.

At least have somewhat of a clue before posting what you think you know. This kid was a big recruit.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=48&p=8&c=1&nid=1460189
alfus21 Wrote:Nice try guys, but UNC did not back away neither did a lot of other big schools. UNC offered as did Cincinnati, Boston College, Georgia Tech, and Illinois among others.

At least have somewhat of a clue before posting what you think you know. This kid was a big recruit.

Very True, I would rather have him than Greg Oden. The Alumni was getting on to him for having all black players and no Kentucky boys and thats it, Atleast Sparks could shoot sometimes.
alfus21 Wrote:Nice try guys, but UNC did not back away neither did a lot of other big schools. UNC offered as did Cincinnati, Boston College, Georgia Tech, and Illinois among others.

What does it matter, he was a waste of a scholarship. He wouldn't be playin at any of the other schools either even if he was healthy. I said that when they signed him, he would never play. But then again what do I know, I also said Tubby was crazy for not gettin Lofton.
Redneck Wrote:What does it matter, he was a waste of a scholarship. He wouldn't be playin at any of the other schools either even if he was healthy. I said that when they signed him, he would never play. But then again what do I know, I also said Tubby was crazy for not gettin Lofton.

I guess every school that offered him knew he would be a waste also. It was lose lose for Tubby or anybody at Kentucky with Jared Carter. If he comes and doesn't pan out then it's the coaches fault. If he doesn't come and does well somewhere else then every fan in the state knew he'd turn out great and the coach missed a great recruit. Kentucky fans always seem to know, but always afterwards. Funny how that works.
alfus21 Wrote:I guess every school that offered him knew he would be a waste also. It was lose lose for Tubby or anybody at Kentucky with Jared Carter. If he comes and doesn't pan out then it's the coaches fault. If he doesn't come and does well somewhere else then every fan in the state knew he'd turn out great and the coach missed a great recruit. Kentucky fans always seem to know, but always afterwards. Funny how that works.

What's funny is guys like you think Tubby was God. What did he ever do with his own recruits, NOTHIN... What is funny is watchin a 6-2 gaurd dunk over him in HIGH SCHOOL. What is funny is Scott County winnin a state championship WITHOUT a 7 footer. What is funny is seein his goofy 7' frame get knocked around the paint.

Hey man I said that the only reason Tubby wanted him was because UNC (and appently some other big schools "never knew about the other ones" was after him however UNC realized that he would probably be a waste and after tubby gave the offer they did not push recruitment. Please do not criticize my sports knowledge just because I did not follow the Jared Carter recruitment as close as you.

Tubby did what he thought the state would want him to do in getting a big white center that was getting looks from a school like UNC.
Pages: 1 2