Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ranking the BCS Champions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah 2001 canes on top.
that was a serious team
Pretty nice find, FN. The '01 Miami team was pretty nasty. Heisman winner Crouch and his Cornhuskers stood no chance against Dorsey and the Canes.
Nice Job FN.

I would have maybe classified Texas over USC, and maybe had Tennesse a bit lower, but all in all it looks great as usual.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Pretty nice find, FN. The '01 Miami team was pretty nasty. Heisman winner Crouch and his Cornhuskers stood no chance against Dorsey and the Canes.

Not a hard find at all since I wrote it... Wink
FreakNasty Wrote:Not a hard find at all since I wrote it... Wink
In that case, VERY impressive! :thumpsup:
Nice work..Freak!!!!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Pretty nice find, FN. The '01 Miami team was pretty nasty. Heisman winner Crouch and his Cornhuskers stood no chance against Dorsey and the Canes.
ken dorsey with the all star canes.
clinton portis and jeremy shockey
Come on Freak, 2004 USC at #2????? They werent even the best college football team that SEASON......
corndog23 Wrote:Come on Freak, 2004 USC at #2????? They werent even the best college football team that SEASON......

agreed!!!
corndog23 Wrote:Come on Freak, 2004 USC at #2????? They werent even the best college football team that SEASON......

Part of the great debate... Smile

I would have had USC 35, Auburn 10 myself... Big Grin, and I hate USC...
yeah I agree USC shouldn't be #2...I can't believe Nebraska isn't in there somewhere...
cig107 Wrote:yeah I agree USC shouldn't be #2...I can't believe Nebraska isn't in there somewhere...

Nebraska hasn't won a championship in the BCS era (starting in 1998), so they cannot be considered....

Nebraska won championships in 94, 95, and a split title with MIchigan in 97....
FreakNasty Wrote:Nebraska hasn't won a championship in the BCS era (starting in 1998), so they cannot be considered....

The 95 Nebraska team wouldve probably killed every team on that list.
ohh my bad
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The 95 Nebraska team wouldve probably killed every team on that list.

I would rank the 2001 Miami team ahead of them, but after that I would agree... I would pay serious coin to see 95 Nebraska vs. 01 Miami, be a hell of a game...

Tommie Frazier and Lawrence Phillips were dynomite that year, and who can forget Frazier's run in the Fiesta Bowl against Florida where he seemingly broke tackles from each member of the Gators defense to score a touchdown...

Nebraska was the last "option" power, and I enjoyed that style... too bad it's all but gone...
I would have taken Nebraska over Michigan in the '97 championship 31-17.. but we'll save that for another thread, lol..
FreakNasty Wrote:Nebraska hasn't won a championship in the BCS era (starting in 1998), so they cannot be considered....

I agree with you..In my opinion, that was the greatest team that ever stepped onto the field. Just ask Steve Spurrier, lol... They could have dropped 70 on Florida but Osborne decided that 62 was plenty enough, lol..
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The 95 Nebraska team wouldve probably killed every team on that list.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I would have taken Nebraska over Michigan in the '97 championship 31-17.. but we'll save that for another thread, lol..

I agree with you... Michigan got hot towards the end of the year and rode the "Charles Woodson Heisman" (which he shouldn't have won) momentum to a split... they didn't even play that good against Washington State in the Rose Bowl, while Nebraska destroyed Tennessee in the Orange Bowl...
FreakNasty Wrote:I would rank the 2001 Miami team ahead of them, but after that I would agree... I would pay serious coin to see 95 Nebraska vs. 01 Miami, be a hell of a game...

Tommie Frazier and Lawrence Phillips were dynomite that year, and who can forget Frazier's run in the Fiesta Bowl against Florida where he seemingly broke tackles from each member of the Gators defense to score a touchdown...

Nebraska was the last "option" power, and I enjoyed that style... too bad it's all but gone...
I agree it would be a game for the ages. But I gotta give the edge to the huskers in a squeaker. They had just as much speed at the skill positions as the '01 canes did but the difference was the guys up front. Nebraska was the strongest team up front on both sides of the ball that Ive ever seen.
yep, and the guy that should have won the Heisman, got his butt handed to him by those Huskers 42-17 (that would have been a guy by the name of Peyton Manning) in his last game..Charles Woodson had what was it? 27 tackles and 2 picks that year and won the Heisman..still to this day arguably the worst Heisman winner of all time (he or Gino Torreta)..Michigan survived the Ryan Leaf-led Cougars by 5..I still think that split title was more of a controversy than the LSU-USC one in '03
FreakNasty Wrote:I agree with you... Michigan got hot towards the end of the year and rode the "Charles Woodson Heisman" (which he shouldn't have won) momentum to a split... they didn't even play that good against Washington State in the Rose Bowl, while Nebraska destroyed Tennessee in the Orange Bowl...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yep, and the guy that should have won the Heisman, got his butt handed to him by those Huskers 42-17 (that would have been a guy by the name of Peyton Manning) in his last game..Charles Woodson had what was it? 27 tackles and 2 picks that year and won the Heisman..still to this day arguably the worst Heisman winner of all time (he or Gino Torreta)..Michigan survived the Ryan Leaf-led Cougars by 5..I still think that split title was more of a controversy than the LSU-USC one in '03

I agree with the last two post entirely... we have some college football experts on the board... :thumpsup: