Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What About A State Championship In Middle School Football?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just wandering what some of you thought?could any schools from pike county or mountain teams compete if they had a state jr.high football title.i hear they do in basketball,but not sure,i only follow footaball
when i was in middle school we won the ovc championship.
i guess that would be kinda the same as a state championship.
I dont like the idea, they are simply too many teams in kentucky or orginize and put into districts or however you would classfiy it. But I just dont see it happing.
Middle schools do not fall under the same guidlines as high school so you would have teams put together like an all-star team and then you would play them. OR would you have a district with multiple middle schools play each other????,, TO MANY " I F S" on this one.
There is a jr. high state championship in basketball it is held at the Kentucky Basketball Academy courts there are 5 courts there. They arrange by the way they played the year before it is a good expierience for anybody and theres some good competion
IMO were putting the cart before the horse. The JR high conferences need to be a little more organized and better prepared before we move on to a state tournament. Most of the JR high conferences Ive seen around here....I would call them a mickey mouse operation but that would be an insult to mickey mouse operations everywhere.LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IMO were putting the cart before the horse. The JR high conferences need to be a little more organized and better prepared before we move on to a state tournament. Most of the JR high conferences Ive seen around here....I would call them a mickey mouse operation but that would be an insult to mickey mouse operations everywhere.LOL!
Hilarious.
I think that,that would be a great idea to have a state tournament for football.
The idea is good but like someone else said, their are to many teams. You would have to consolidate all the teams in each county and then try and break them down into districs and then regional play would be a night mare. It would be hard to go into louisville and lexington to play because of numbers alone.