Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Too high?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm as big a UK fan as anyone, and I'm just as excited about the 2007-2008 season as the next guy, especially with the signing of Patterson. Yeah, we got a great coach in Gillispie, and a top 10 recruiting class, but it's going to take some time to get his system rolling. Does anyone think as a whole we may be placing the expectations for next season a little too high?
I see our talk last night SOK has you wondering now, hahaha.
Too high? Uh...I think we will beat Vanderbilt, beat
Florida, finish 1st in the SEC east, and get past
the round of 32 in the NCAA tournament. If we do this,
last year's season will just be a bad memory. And I think
this team will accomplish these things, without question.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I'm as big a UK fan as anyone, and I'm just as excited about the 2007-2008 season as the next guy, especially with the signing of Patterson. Yeah, we got a great coach in Gillispie, and a top 10 recruiting class, but it's going to take some time to get his system rolling. Does anyone think as a whole we may be placing the expectations for next season a little too high?
i think UK fans always have these high expectations but it is possible.
Yeah, I think next year won't be THAT great for us. But I do think that the year after we will see the possibility of a great UK team. I hope I'm wrong about this year and we do amazing!
Expectations for some fans are going to be ridiculous for next season. Tennessee should lock up the SEC East #1 seed but I think UK could fight for a #2.
I think Tennessee and Florida (GASP!) are better right now...

Vandy will be an interesting squad as well...
My expections are far greater than that of last year. I look for UK to win close to 25 games actually. But that's just me hoping the best for my wildcats.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I'm as big a UK fan as anyone, and I'm just as excited about the 2007-2008 season as the next guy, especially with the signing of Patterson. Yeah, we got a great coach in Gillispie, and a top 10 recruiting class, but it's going to take some time to get his system rolling. Does anyone think as a whole we may be placing the expectations for next season a little too high?

I agree with your point about the time that it will take to get the system rolling but (as far as I have read) I feel the expectation are absolutely not out of reach. I do think that CBC will get the players to buy in to the system quickly and make a great showing in the SEC with a 2nd place finish behind Tenn (I hate saying that) fighting the Vols the whole time. Anything less than that then yes I fell as if the team has underachieved. The only reason... this team will have a GREAT amount of potenial and if things can fall perfect we will win the SEC outright once again and also have a chance to make serious noise in the NCAA tourney. And with the possibility to unlock that potenial there is the possibility that everything can go wrong but I don't think that will happen under CBC's watch.