Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County baseball.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What teams should lead the way this year? Any big additions or losses from last year's teams?
I look for Pikeville to dominate the area.
Pikeville recieved two good transfers from Belfry. Both should play
vobra281 Wrote:What teams should lead the way this year? Any big additions or losses from last year's teams?
I look for Pikeville to dominate the area.

Even though they are the defending county champions, I don't look for Shelby Valley to contend this year. That team was 8th grade heavy and graduated a lot of talented players. Expect Valley to struggle this season, as they will be forced to play a lot of younger kids.

Like most years, Pikeville starts off as the favorite until someone else shows otherwise.
Was told Belfry will be down as well. Not only lost the two transfers to Pikeville but a couple of younger kids who could tributed last year.
Phelps lost several older kids as well. District down as a whole. Pikeville will walk away with the title in my opinion this year.
East Ridge might be the surprise team this year. If I remember correctly, they were almost all 7th-graders last year. Barring any transfers out, the Warriors should have a good team.
Will Central middle be any kind of a threat this upcoming season?