Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Hockey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever went out to the UK hockey games? They were actually voted in the Kentucky Kernal (UK's newspaper) as the most fun you will have at a sporting event at UK. I think that it is subject to change now that CBC is there ( basketball will be # 1 now) but still the fact remains that the hockey games are one of the best things to go to around UK.

Anyways, has anyone ever been to these?
I've never been to a UK game, but I have went to many EKU games and they played in Lexington at the Lexington Ice Center (not sure if that's where UK plays too or not) but it was incredible. The games would never start until around midnight or so either.
Lol, if you thought EKU was fun then you have no idea what you're in for at a UK hockey game. Because when you compare the two...EKU is TERRIBLE at hockey.

I used to take pictures for CoolCatsHockey.com, so yes, I have been to a lot of UK hockey games. This past year wasn't as entertaining as previous years, but it is still a fun thing to do at midnight on a Saturday night.

Oh, and hockey parties...........better than the game.

I'll try and post some pics that I have taken later today.
Here are some of those pictures I have taken:
More:
Last few:
i have never been to one would love to go.
Great pics! I went to like 5 last year and they were more fun than the basketball games that I went to (other than Flordia). I am hoping to go to more this year. A couple years ago my brothers and I went to a Halloween game which still is my favorite to go to.
Oh, just some advice; don't take little kids to these games. These are rated R for language.
Wow, I found some older ones from probably 2 years ago.

Here is one of a Louisville player on his butt after getting hit. This game was crazy, they had to turn people away because it got so crowded.
Yeah, and here is that picture, the place was packed.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Oh, just some advice; don't take little kids to these games. These are rated R for language.

Oh yeah i know. My brother(s) took my dad to one and it was the most embarrassing thing to sit there while some guy beside my dad kept spouting off F-bombs every two seconds! For a college student, the rough atmosphere is what makes the games so special.
Here are the last of my pics:
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Oh yeah i know. My brother(s) took my dad to one and it was the most embarrassing thing to sit there while some guy beside my dad kept spouting off F-bombs every two seconds! For a college student, the rough atmosphere is what makes the games so special.

If you sit more towards the middle and top of the bleachers, it seems to be less wild there.

That is where all the hockey players family sits and they usually don't get into it as much.
ComfortEagle Wrote:If you sit more towards the middle and top of the bleachers, it seems to be less wild there.

That is where all the hockey players family sits and they usually don't get into it as much.

LOL If I am not taking someone I will try to sit as close to the action (game and fans) as possible. I relaly like sitting close to the glass.
Funny story- My girlfriend and i was sitting the first row back from the glass and I was heckling the Vandy guy below (like you are suppose to do). They now have a net up to prevent pucks from flying into the stands and knocking somebody out but anyways, this vandy guy's stick came up and deliberatly hit the net and knocked me in the head. The net really really softened the blow so it was like a tap more than anything. Everybody around me was liek shocked. needless to say that guy had my respect the rest of the night :thatsfunn
Yeah, you have to watch out by the glass.

I've been hit with a stick before, and have seen several people get hit by flying pucks.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yeah, you have to watch out by the glass.

I've been hit with a stick before, and have seen several people get hit by flying pucks.

My brother has told me of a time that a girl was not paying attention to the game and got pelted in the face. She had to go to the hospital I am sure to get a load of stiches.
The thing is....it's usually girls who get hit by sticks or pucks. They often, aren't paying as much attention and never see it coming.
ComfortEagle Wrote:The thing is....it's usually girls who get hit by sticks or pucks. They often, aren't paying as much attention and never see it coming.

Hey I know lOl. In my case I guess I just made the guy mad :thatsfunn
Many of my family members love to watch it' Ilove to watch it during the playoffs!WE watched a game a few years back and did;t get to watch afight.
Wow, looks exciting. It does look packed. In the pictures where it was packed, was it a 12:00 game?