Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Potential starting line-ups for next year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have seen alot of buzz about the line-up being: Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Patterson, and Stevenson
I really do like this line-up especially if Stevenson can get his strength and agility up. I love the thought that we would be a major defensive threat and have one of the most athletic starting line-ups in the SEC.
What is everyones take on the potential line-up and also the many different combinations with the second string (don't forget about Harris).

LET THE DEBATING BEGIN!!
i wouldnt mine of seein a 4 guard line up. pg-Bradley Sg-meeks sf-crawford pf-legion c-Patterson
Super_de Wrote:i wouldnt mine of seein a 4 guard line up. pg-Bradley Sg-meeks sf-crawford pf-legion c-Patterson

Some people have even had Meeks coming in off the bench with I think is ridiculous.
I really think Jasper and A.J. Stewart might be there as well.
i still do not think Bradley is point guard and Meeks is to much of a scoring threat to play point so who runs the show.
PG - Porter
SG - Meeks
SF - Crawford
PF - Patterson
C - Stevenson/Carter

I still don't like Bradley at the point, and Jasper wasn't dazzling either. Wouldn't be surprised to see Porter get a better chance with Billy Clyde.
jammin' jamey Wrote:PG - Porter
SG - Meeks
SF - Crawford
PF - Patterson
C - Stevenson/Carter
I really like this lineup. Bradley has his games, but who doesn't? He's too much of your typical New York "balla." I really like the way Porter plays, and I agree with JJ that he will be given a better chance under Gillispie. I'm hoping Carter or Stevenson, or maybe even both, will bulk up and prepare themselves for SEC. It seemed Stevenson played timid at times last season.
SG - Meeks
SF - Crawford
PF - Patterson
C - Stevenson/Carter

I still don't like Bradley at the point, and Jasper wasn't dazzling either. Wouldn't be surprised to see Porter get a better chance with Billy Clyde.
looks good to me
SG - Meeks
SF - Crawford
PF - Patterson
C - Stevenson/Carter

VERY good point!
SG - Meeks
SF - Crawford
PF - Patterson
C - Stevenson/Carter

Can't agree with starting Porter at point. I used to cringe whenever he was in the game at point last year. He got his pocket picked several times while trying to bring the ball up the court, and if he is starting he will be going against much more athletic defenders with quick hands. He makes an okay backup, but we are in trouble if he plays 25 minutes a game.

That said, maybe he has worked on his ballhandling this summer and won't get picked so much next year. I hope so...
Batpuff Wrote:I really think Jasper and A.J. Stewart might be there as well.
Jasper will see very little time this year because he cant score and teams showed last year they wont guard him, allowing them to double down on the post. You have no use for a kid you cant shoot and further more wont shoot.
SG - Meeks
SF - Crawford
PF - Patterson
C - Stevenson/Carter

I like the lineup as well but you can bet Bradley will be in there as well.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Jasper will see very little time this year because he cant score and teams showed last year they wont guard him, allowing them to double down on the post. You have no use for a kid you cant shoot and further more wont shoot.

When Jasper is in there, it's almost as if we are playing 4-on-5 on the offensive end. I don't want him starting until he can shoot from further out than a layup.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Some people have even had Meeks coming in off the bench with I think is ridiculous.

I agree, any starting lineup without Meeks is nuts.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I like the lineup as well but you can bet Bradley will be in there as well.

Please justify how Porter would be our starting pg. Last year he had a chance to show if he could handle the job but everytime he got in the game he got it stolen away 2 or 3 times before he was benched. I would accept Jasper at pg a little more than Porter as of right now. We will just have to see how improved everyone is after the offseason (including Bradley, Jasper, and Porter before we can truly settle this).
blackcat_student Wrote:PG-

Computer meesed up... Anyways;

PG- Ramel Bradley
SG- Jodie Meeks
SF- Joe Crawford
PF- Patrick Patterson
C- ??? Its between Carter and Stevenson
blackcat_student Wrote:Computer meesed up... Anyways;

PG- Ramel Bradley
SG- Jodie Meeks
SF- Joe Crawford
PF- Patrick Patterson
C- ??? Its between Carter and Stevenson

I say Stevenson over Carter.
Stevenson has way more athleticism and would probably be easier for CBC to mold and work with.
We could always move Patterson to the Center spot and make teams come out and gaurd him.
Bradley
Crawford
Meeks
Patterson
Carter or Stevenson

Also we could go to a 4 guard lineup as well:

Bradley
Crawford
Legion
Meeks
Patterson

In the 4 guard lineup you can have weither D-Jas or Bradley running the point. If you have Jasper though then Bradley would run the 2, Crawford the 3, and Meeks the 4, and Patterson the 5, with Legion being a backup.

Our bench is going to be pretty solid this season with Legion, Stewart, Carter or Stevenson(whichever one doesn't start), Harris could be a player, Jasper, Porter, and Williams.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:Please justify how Porter would be our starting pg. Last year he had a chance to show if he could handle the job but everytime he got in the game he got it stolen away 2 or 3 times before he was benched. I would accept Jasper at pg a little more than Porter as of right now. We will just have to see how improved everyone is after the offseason (including Bradley, Jasper, and Porter before we can truly settle this).

Granted Porter's assist to turnover ratio wasn't very good. But no one on the team could keep their turnovers down, especially Bradley in the clutch.

I'm sure Bradley will start at PG and hopefully will be changed by BCG. If he doesn't cut down on the making dribbling the leather off the ball an artform, you'll see Porter get a chance at the point. Bradley averaged 3.8 assist last season and 2.7 turnovers.

Porter is the only true point guard on the team. Hopefully, he'll grow into the position.
I would go with a 4 guard lineup with Jasper at the point, Bradley, Meeks, Crawford and Patterson. The bench should be alot better this season with getting Legion, Stewart and Williams to go with Porter, Carter, Harris and Stevenson. I think Legion, Stevenson and maybe Porter will see starting time at some point during the season. All in all, I think it will be a great year for UK, and I will go ahead and predict the SEC regular season and Tournament Titles will come back to UK.
Meeks should be starting, and hopefully he can be even be than last year, that would be amazing to watch.
SportsFan80 Wrote:All in all, I think it will be a great year for UK, and I will go ahead and predict the SEC regular season and Tournament Titles will come back to UK.
I completely agree!
jammin' jamey Wrote:Granted Porter's assist to turnover ratio wasn't very good. But no one on the team could keep their turnovers down, especially Bradley in the clutch.

I'm sure Bradley will start at PG and hopefully will be changed by BCG. If he doesn't cut down on the making dribbling the leather off the ball an artform, you'll see Porter get a chance at the point. Bradley averaged 3.8 assist last season and 2.7 turnovers.

Porter is the only true point guard on the team. Hopefully, he'll grow into the position.

I do feel that Porter will grow into the position just not right off the bat next year. I think he just needs to come in off the bench and prove to CBC that he will not tense up or dribble off his foot or get the ball stolen. After getting a little more confidence I think we could really see him develop into that pg we all want to see.
SportsFan80 Wrote:I would go with a 4 guard lineup with Jasper at the point, Bradley, Meeks, Crawford and Patterson. The bench should be alot better this season with getting Legion, Stewart and Williams to go with Porter, Carter, Harris and Stevenson. I think Legion, Stevenson and maybe Porter will see starting time at some point during the season. All in all, I think it will be a great year for UK, and I will go ahead and predict the SEC regular season and Tournament Titles will come back to UK.

I really hope your prediction will come true but Tennesse looks really good to me! However I think we will be fighting them throughout the sec season to see who gets the east and sec outright championship.
My opinion on the tournment: since we hopefully will not be playing on the first day of games we will not have to spout a 4 day win streak to win the tourney. We should be able to bring the championship back to lexington.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:I do feel that Porter will grow into the position just not right off the bat next year. I think he just needs to come in off the bench and prove to CBC that he will not tense up or dribble off his foot or get the ball stolen. After getting a little more confidence I think we could really see him develop into that pg we all want to see.

I hope you're right, but last year Porter just looked overmatched when trying to bring the ball up the court. Athletic defenders with quick hands picked his pocket way too much. I would rather see Porter play more of a SG role when he's in the game, because he could be a good catch-and-shoot guy to knock down some threes. I know he doesn't have the size of most SG's, but he could still guard the other team's PG on defense and just not be the primary ballhandler on offense.
More Cowbell Wrote:I hope you're right, but last year Porter just looked overmatched when trying to bring the ball up the court. Athletic defenders with quick hands picked his pocket way too much. I would rather see Porter play more of a SG role when he's in the game, because he could be a good catch-and-shoot guy to knock down some threes. I know he doesn't have the size of most SG's, but he could still guard the other team's PG on defense and just not be the primary ballhandler on offense.

How great of a second string would that be to have Legion and Porter as your sharpshooters? I am so excited to see how CBC works with all of these players!
PG- crawford
SG-meeks
SF-Leigon
PF-Stewart
C-patterson

i dont see bradley startin because he is alot better comin off the bench to help spark the offense. I like stevenson but he doesnt seem to want to play hard. And porter is playin the wrong sport he needs to give ole rich brooks a call, any body that can play d-back for
usc can play at uk!!!
Hawkman05 Wrote:PG- crawford
SG-meeks
SF-Leigon
PF-Stewart
C-patterson

i dont see bradley startin because he is alot better comin off the bench to help spark the offense. I like stevenson but he doesnt seem to want to play hard. And porter is playin the wrong sport he needs to give ole rich brooks a call, any body that can play d-back for
usc can play at uk!!!

I don't see crawford at point. I know that Bradley dribbles the ball way to much and hopefully CBC can do something about that but in no way is crawford more qualified to be the pg
Pages: 1 2