Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK to pay $50,000 to UMass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky will not play @Umass this year and it will cost 50,000 in buyout deal.
rallo316 Wrote:Kentucky will not play @Umass this year and it will cost 50,000 in buyout deal.

Where is your source or link to the story? Please post it.
I read it on ESPN
Thanks guys...We have to have a link to all stories like that for copyright reasons and legitamacy.
I found this interesting...Kentucky is still honoring a return road game at Houston next season, which should end up being a recruiting hotbed for the Wildcats under the Texas-raised Gillispie.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Thanks guys...We have to have a link to all stories like that for copyright reasons and legitamacy.
sorry my bad jamey.
rallo316 Wrote:sorry my bad jamey.

No problem and this was a good thread to start BTW. Good find.
Does anyone know if we are picking this series in 2008-09?
I think a lot of its timing. I know were playing in the Coaches -VS- Cancer tourney and I think thats the problem.
There is NO excuse for cancelling this game. If UK has 50k to put up to get out of this game they have the money and time for sure to do it. If the shoe was on the other foot UK fans would be furious.
I think they are cancelling because UMASS will be one of the favorites to win the A-10 next year, and a loss to a "mid major" looks bad on the resume... even though they will say they want another home game for Billy G, they'll just add some god awful team...

They'd cancel Houston as well if it wasn't for the recruiting....
Many of these road games are a way to help out the recruiting in the surrounding area, and UK just does not recruit New England. As was mentioned earlier, the trip to Houston is staying because Billy Clyde will heavily mine the Texas H.S. scene.

Not saying it's the honorable thing to do, but that's the reasoning.
More Cowbell Wrote:Many of these road games are a way to help out the recruiting in the surrounding area, and UK just does not recruit New England. As was mentioned earlier, the trip to Houston is staying because Billy Clyde will heavily mine the Texas H.S. scene.

Not saying it's the honorable thing to do, but that's the reasoning.

Makes sense. Thank God that we actually do have a coach that is willing to get out hustle for his recruits.
FreakNasty Wrote:I think they are cancelling because UMASS will be one of the favorites to win the A-10 next year, and a loss to a "mid major" looks bad on the resume... even though they will say they want another home game for Billy G, they'll just add some god awful team...

They'd cancel Houston as well if it wasn't for the recruiting....

Without a doubt. :Thumbs:

Too bad Travis Ford got screwed in the process. We shouldn't be afraid of mid-major team. It's bad business and I think UK should've honored the contract. It looks bad for "big bad all-time winningest program" Kentucky to shun away from playing lowly UMass just because the games in Boston against an alumnus.
KY should be embrassed and should have to pay more money and lose a scholarship.I lost a great deal of respect for ky!!!!!!!!!!!