Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brandon Jennings trims list to 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Scout.com, PG Brandon Jennings has narrowed his list of schools to three: Connecticut, Arizona, and Kentucky. Jennings is the #1 ranked PG in the 2008 class, and plays for Oak Hill Academy, which is also the alma mater of '07 signee, Alex Legion. I personally don't think UK needs a PG, but this guy seems to be the real deal.
So.......we only have to wait for..........a year..........k....good news I guess.
Hey..GREAT SIGN! Go at him BCG!!!! And the 3 schools that he has narrowed down too are all in the rebuilding process and are schools who have struggled after dominating years in-years out! Funny huh..
This kid is the real deal
Wouldnt mind getting him. Ive heard alot about this kid and he does seem to be the real deal.
ComfortEagle Wrote:So.......we only have to wait for..........a year..........k....good news I guess.
I think it was in the same article that he mentioned he would announce his decision in July. So we may not have to wait a year, unless he pulls a PP or a JL.
I think we are going after Jennings for the same reason as Lucas. We do not have the major need for the point guard position but since he is so good if we can pick him up then that will make our team even more talented. That is why I did not really feel crushed after Lucas signed with Flordia. However, I was hurt to think that Patterson may follow him to Flordia. That was the hard part!
Does anyone know if he is a scoring PG or a team-leader PG?
SEKYscout Wrote:Does anyone know if he is a scoring PG or a team-leader PG?

He has the moves of Rondo, but he can shoot. And he is a lefty.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:I think we are going after Jennings for the same reason as Lucas. We do not have the major need for the point guard position but since he is so good if we can pick him up then that will make our team even more talented. That is why I did not really feel crushed after Lucas signed with Flordia. However, I was hurt to think that Patterson may follow him to Flordia. That was the hard part!
How do you figure we dont have the need for a PG? We have Jasper who cant score and no one guards him and then you have Bradley who dribbles too much and doesnt run a good offense.
Tubby Hater Wrote:How do you figure we dont have the need for a PG? We have Jasper who cant score and no one guards him and then you have Bradley who dribbles too much and doesnt run a good offense.

I am not saying it would not have been nice to get Lucas or anything and I am not saying we should not go after Jennings. What I am saying is that Patterson was more important because we needed a good inside man. If we ended up with Lucas and no Pattersonwould you really believe that it was the better outcome? Jennings will be great if we get him but if we don't it is not the end of the program (just like with Lucas and Patterson).
UK has no PG...Maybe we will get one actually worth playing sumtime soon.
RavenBoy Wrote:UK has no PG...Maybe we will get one actually worth playing sumtime soon.

Well I have faith that CBC will get Jasper to the point where he will have confidence in his shot and I know that Bradley has to get better with CBC's disipline.
Anyways does anyone know how many of the recruits for 2008 are PGs. I know that Clyde talking to like between 20-30 just for the 2008 class.