Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin Middle School Scheduling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Corbin Middle is currently looking for games to play for this upcoming season, both 7th and 8th. If interested, please private DM me and I will be in contact with Coach Jackson and we will work something out.
Not surprised there's been no comments on this post.
After past couple seasons success me either. There will be some teams from Tn not scared to play though.
I really wouldn't think any coaches use this site to schedule games. I would think the KYMSFA would have an open date/looking for games page on their website but I couldn't find one.
I will get it posted to our google live document that gets sent out each Wednesday across listserv.
Corbin has a great MS program. There are several reasons why I feel they might not be able to find games.

1.) teams are ill prepared to play a complete team like Corbin. Coaches are leery of their team learning anything from a 50 point beatdown.

2.) teams have conference games already with few (if any) openings on their own schedule.

3.) travel distance for middle school teams can be limited.

4.) Corbin needs a conference to play in so that some games are "built in".

....anything else?
FoSho Wrote:Corbin has a great MS program. There are several reasons why I feel they might not be able to find games.

1.) teams are ill prepared to play a complete team like Corbin. Coaches are leery of their team learning anything from a 50 point beatdown.

2.) teams have conference games already with few (if any) openings on their own schedule.

3.) travel distance for middle school teams can be limited.

4.) Corbin needs a conference to play in so that some games are "built in".

....anything else?

Any chance Boyle needs a middle school game? Tried to PM you but your inbox is full.
Already heard that Whitley declined to play. A shame too, thought them getting a new coach would change things. Guess not.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Any chance Boyle needs a middle school game? Tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

Possibly and I can find out.

On a side note, how do you delete PMs? lol
FoSho Wrote:Possibly and I can find out.

It’d be great for both programs IMO. Let me know.
And I couldn’t tell you.. One of the mods could tell you lol
FoSho Wrote:Possibly and I can find out.

Looking at your PM screen.

1. On the right there is a box you have to check for which message (s) you want to delete.

2. Once you check them, at the bottom right there is a box with drop down options, pick delete, then click go.
plantmanky Wrote:Looking at your PM screen.

1. On the right there is a box you have to check for which message (s) you want to delete.

2. Once you check them, at the bottom right there is a box with drop down options, pick delete, then click go.

Does this work on iPhone? I never get on the real site.
FoSho Wrote:Does this work on iPhone? I never get on the real site.

I dont have an I phone, lol. But on my phone process is same (just smaller text)
plantmanky Wrote:I dont have an I phone, lol. But on my phone process is same (just smaller text)

I figured out and deleted all my messages. Thx!!
Hopefully Coach Max has Corbin on the Meece schedule. May not keep it close, but you battle and play anyway.
CowboyDad Wrote:Hopefully Coach Max has Corbin on the Meece schedule. May not keep it close, but you battle and play anyway.

Somerset has never been afraid to lace them up and play. Shows it pays off by them winning D3 this year.
The middle school coach at Whitley would play Corbin anytime but its not his call!!
PlayCaller Wrote:The middle school coach at Whitley would play Corbin anytime but its not his call!!

I use to be the same way but I cant blame siler and company declining after the obvious poaching corbin has done at the middle school level over the past several years.
It will eventually end the high school game as well if it continues.
If theres one guy that's use to beating corbin, Whitley just hired him though. I'm sure Corbin fans still have nightmares about irwin.
Corbin doesn’t have to poach, half of the oak grove kids know they’re going to Corbin before they ever step foot in oak grove school. Therefore they’re never “Whitley kids”. They’re just passing through on their way to bigger and better things.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Corbin doesn’t have to poach, half of the oak grove kids know they’re going to Corbin before they ever step foot in oak grove school. Therefore they’re never “Whitley kids”. They’re just passing through on their way to bigger and better things.

That's funny.
I'm not going to get into that conversation. It's been talked about to much. I blame it more on Whitley than anyone. They still allow a reciprocal instead of putting a stop to it.

The day you can list me 22 starters at Corbin that all live inside city school district is the day I fall over dead. Can you even give me 11 of them. I know 4 or 5 seniors personally from this last class who live no where near Corbin school district.

And that's the reason nobody wants to play Corbin. Not because they're gods gift to the game of football.
Bolt Wrote:That's funny.
I'm not going to get into that conversation. It's been talked about to much. I blame it more on Whitley than anyone. They still allow a reciprocal instead of putting a stop to it.

The day you can list me 22 starters at Corbin that all live inside city school district is the day I fall over dead. Can you even give me 11 of them. I know 4 or 5 seniors personally from this last class who live no where near Corbin school district.

And that's the reason nobody wants to play Corbin. Not because they're gods gift to the game of football.

Nobody wants to play Corbin and get dog stomped no matter what you say.... I’m sure all those seniors parents that took the trouble to bring their kids to Corbin worry about what you or any of the rest of us think about it, I do know a couple different people myself who’s bringing their kids to Corbin had nothing to do with football...
Who the new recruits this year corbyn has stole from countyies
Bolt Wrote:I use to be the same way but I cant blame siler and company declining after the obvious poaching corbin has done at the middle school level over the past several years.
If theres one guy that's use to beating corbin, Whitley just hired him though. I'm sure Corbin fans still have nightmares about irwin.
That's too funny, Siler and company as you put it! You won't ever see the day Whitley beats a Corbin Team while Haddix is coaching. They need to take the "W" out of Whitley because it just aint in them. Not to mention the fact they need to grow a set and allow the middle school program to play Corbin's Middle School program. Whitley can't get better by playing easy schedules and still getting beat. Look at Whitleys numbers being 5A and look at Corbins numbers being 4A now and then go back and look at the record book of just how many times Corbin has beat Whitley County. Obviously not the Whitley Kids fault as they have plenty to choose from and lots of talented kids go there. Put the blame where it belongs with the people in charge. Whitley and Corbin's Athletic Directors should get together this week and schedule an 8th grade game same day as high school game as a preliminary game to high school game. When you wont play another team its called being scared or flat out chicken no matter how you put it. Don't use excuses as Corbin took a player or players from another school. Kids go to Corbin because they want to WIN and that's a fact!!
Bolt Wrote:I use to be the same way but I cant blame siler and company declining after the obvious poaching corbin has done at the middle school level over the past several years.
Irwin hasn't ever faced Haddix while at Corbin so when you make you statement like that be prepared to lose!! August 23rd will tell the tell boys. But you're probably right, when Corbin keeps beating Whitley the higher ups will stop letting Whitley play Corbin. Look at last year if Haddix hadn't put in his freshman and JV against Whitley Starters the score would have have been 70-0. Haddix scored anytime he wanted to but because of his friendship with Coach Chappell he called the hounds off. Don't count on that this year...
LexCath backed out of a game vs Boyle Co in two weeks. Corbin (or anyone else) have an opening?

If so, contact our Head Coach.
FoSho Wrote:LexCath backed out of a game vs Boyle Co in two weeks. Corbin (or anyone else) have an opening?

If so, contact our Head Coach.
Boyle wanting to play a 7Th or 8th grade game? location matter? neutral site or what?
PlayCaller Wrote:Boyle wanting to play a 7Th or 8th grade game? location matter? neutral site or what?

It was a bowl game @ Mercer Co for 8th grade (A Team). I guess if you're interested, contact him. I know they were scrambling to find a replacement opponent.