Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How Many Scholarships?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how many scholarships does UK have left?is their any coming out of high school left to sign in the fall or walk on?since the Big Blue dog said hes not done yet.
they have one left over from this year that they did not fill and they will have two more open next year if i am not mistaken
They had one left over which could be filled by some straggler that didn't sing an LOI, but that's seriously doubtful.

So UK will hang on to it until next year.
I believe we will still have two for next year since we just picked up Patterson. There is a situation with how many players you can sign in a certain amount of years so I think not picking up Lucas is one scholy added to our onew count next year. It seems to me the CBC needs to put at least one of the currently players on a academic scholarship (maybe porter). That would give us at least 3 for next year.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:I believe we will still have two for next year since we just picked up Patterson. There is a situation with how many players you can sign in a certain amount of years so I think not picking up Lucas is one scholy added to our onew count next year. It seems to me the CBC needs to put at least one of the currently players on a academic scholarship (maybe porter). That would give us at least 3 for next year.

No, they only have one open as of now, but will have 3 after next year. You can have 13 players on scholarship each year, and right now UK has 12. They are:

Seniors (2): Crawford, Bradley
Sophomores (6): Jasper, Meeks, Porter, Stevenson, Carter, Harris
Freshmen (4): Patterson, Legion, Stewart, Williams

Since Crawford and Bradley finish up next year, we have 3 openings to recruit for (maybe more if anybody transfers).
Thanks More Cowbell! I guess I forgot about how many would be on scholarship each year.
So what happened to the scholly that Morris had? Does it just disappear? Cuz we had 3 scholly's this year (Thomas, Woo, Perry). Now that Morris left, wouldn't that leave us with 3 scholly's for next year, plus the one we have left over? I don't know how this stuff works so just look over me. LOL
BCF4L Wrote:So what happened to the scholly that Morris had? Does it just disappear? Cuz we had 3 scholly's this year (Thomas, Woo, Perry). Now that Morris left, wouldn't that leave us with 3 scholly's for next year, plus the one we have left over? I don't know how this stuff works so just look over me. LOL

Here's the math. We only had 12 scholarship guys on the team, then had 4 guys leave this year (the 3 seniors plus Morris). That leaves 8 holdovers, and we signed 4 new guys for next year, which puts us back to 12. Then, when Crawford and Bradley leave, we will be back to 10, which will leave us 3 shy of the 13 scholly limit.
More Cowbell Wrote:Here's the math. We only had 12 scholarship guys on the team, then had 4 guys leave this year (the 3 seniors plus Morris). That leaves 8 holdovers, and we signed 4 new guys for next year, which puts us back to 12. Then, when Crawford and Bradley leave, we will be back to 10, which will leave us 3 shy of the 13 scholly limit.

Thanks! Thats clears up a little confusion on the whole recruiting situation for next year. Who are the three that you are wanting us to pick up?